1%

Name
Matt Middleton
Well cleaning for me has been a great fit. I would like to think that I still have the passion.

Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

Cleaning and maintenance , I'm around or below average

However....

I'm comfortable with my financial 5%er status

I imagine you meet a ton of nice guys, ,that are honest and hard working blokes that are one hardship away from selling their gear on Craigslist

But the reAl deals don't hang out at these events

Mikey P

Administrator
Cleaning and maintenance , I'm around or below average

However....

I'm comfortable with my financial 5%er status

I imagine you meet a ton of nice guys, ,that are honest and hard working blokes that are one hardship away from selling their gear on Craigslist

But the reAl deals don't hang out at these events

You bet your apples the "Real Deals" do..

But if you mean greedy, multi truck penny counting pricks than I would even argue that, as many franchises have attended as well.

F

FB7777

You should take a bite of that Apple at these levels

As far as real deals...

Well, they sure didn't show up at RMH Vegas

No carpet agitation or toweling of upholstery

The grout lines in the kitchen eating area and air hockey table were still noticeably dirty where furniture was

Behind the lobby table was a pound of dust

That was a Joe dirt average job at best and you know it

I took a clean towel when I was wiping up the water on the tile edges near the carpet hallway and it came up black from the carpet

steve_64

For being an over the top carpet cleaner.

From what Bob told me, you're' in the 49% range so relax.
That job was the bottom 1 percent. And a freebie 3 hours away.ungrateful so n so...

But I've lied to myself a lot over the years.

But with a 15 year old setup for $3000 I'd say I'm doing an ok job at keeping things running seeing we made over $150,000 last year and spent under $25,000 on labor.

Now to get that butler running right again and get it in use.

Name
Jeff T
It’s REALLY easy to do a great job. The cleaner either becomes lazy, is ignorant to proper procedure, or the client is to cheap to want to pay for quality work. I’m killing it in the most saturated market in North America.... why? Cause 99% of these goobers have no clue what the fook they are doing.... they follow suit with what they’ve been taught, are to ignorant to learn the proper way to clean. How do I know this? CAUSE I WAS TAUGHT THE WRONG WAY, and wanted to learn how to do it properly. Most CC are so cheap they squeak when they walk, ‘spend 20$ on something when I can spend 10$, why would I do that?’. Cause spending the extra 10$ will make you 10 TIMES BETTER.... it’s not rocket science, BUT IT IS SCIENCE.....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
jack zerkie
After all the yrs 38 now I still try hard to complete the dots. For each job I'm there for the same reason but each person has a real price idea they want to pay. They want top shelf but a lower price. I know for real that because I really LIKE my carpet cleaning business and always try to do the best job. Most of my jobs do not want me to vacuum the carpets. I always ask and say you will have cleaner carpets but they must be vacuumed first. All of my supplies are the best I can buy to make me a better carpet cleaner. I'm winding down now just hit 77 and look forward to each job every day. You must enjoy what your doing or things just go down hill and I;m not ready for that. yet. jz.

Mikey P

Administrator
You should take a bite of that Apple at these levels

As far as real deals...

Well, they sure didn't show up at RMH Vegas

No carpet agitation or toweling of upholstery

The grout lines in the kitchen eating area and air hockey table were still noticeably dirty where furniture was

Behind the lobby table was a pound of dust

That was a Joe dirt average job at best and you know it

I took a clean towel when I was wiping up the water on the tile edges near the carpet hallway and it came up black from the carpet

Correct on Vegas.

A 1%r could kill it there as I'm convinced one doesn't exist.

Nobody even remotely normal lives there..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
That job was the bottom 1 percent. And a freebie 3 hours away.ungrateful so n so...

But with a 15 year old setup for $3000 I'd say I'm doing an ok job at keeping things running seeing we made over $150,000 last year and spent under $25,000 on labor.

UNGRATEFUL?? not at all Steve the look on yor face was absolutely priceless PLUS
I got a great story to tell....it actually was a
Very entertaining experience....

Reactions: steve_64

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
You're funny.. is your house as clean as the house you clean? Unless you're OCD clean in all areas like Mr.Monk, you're lucky to make the 10%..

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Thank you MB and Mark Saiger for upping my game and inflicting me with OCD.

20190131_091932.jpg 20190118_114820.jpg 20181227_132515.jpg 20181003_144745.jpg 20180817_151556.jpg 20180723_113014.jpg

I need to take a photo of my seal-a-door too.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

UNGRATEFUL?? not at all Steve the look on yor face was absolutely priceless PLUS
I got a great story to tell....it actually was a
Very entertaining experience mn

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
You porty hacks are so sensitive..
Not just...Janitor, and window cleaner hack :biggrin: .. Just like you, id like to think think that im badass and 1%'er as a cleaner. However, I am a realist, so 10% is as good as anyone can get...

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think I have been all over that 1-100 percent range over the years. The work matched the Customer. When I learned more and did better work the Customers were also better.
Not sure what percent I fall into these days but, if Facebook is any indication, I think I'm OK.

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
After meeting tons of you people and seeing your skills, how you care for your equipment and what you keep on board, I'm 100% certain that only 1% of us have the passion.

I use to say 2%.
You could say that about people in general. About 1% are passionate about the appearance of there homes and business. Much less their jobs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom