1%

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think being on Mikey's board has made me a better cleaner. The exchange of ideas and seeing what works for people in different parts of the country is really beneficial. I have always taken great pride in my work and my customers are always telling me how great I am compared to the last cleaner they had. My Achilles heel is a lack of organization. My truck can be a mess at times, never mind my shop but my equipment is always in top shape ready to clean. I think we all have different strengths and weaknesses but that doesn't mean we don't have a passion for what we do.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think being on Mikey's board has made me a better cleaner. The exchange of ideas and seeing what works for people in different parts of the country is really beneficial. I have always taken great pride in my work and my customers are always telling me how great I am compared to the last cleaner they had. My Achilles heel is a lack of organization. My truck can be a mess at times, never mind my shop but my equipment is always in top shape ready to clean. I think we all have different strengths and weaknesses but that doesn't mean we don't have a passion for what we do.
Never hire a contrator with a new shiney truck.

Reactions: steve_64

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If I didn't have the passion, I damn well wouldn't still be doing this after 35 years. I think I am the best among only a hand full of companies in my area. Most charge crazy prices because they don't ever see their customers a second time.

Reactions: jcooper and SamIam

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Oil change done. I had only minimal blood loss. Cut my arm on something while unscrewing the oil filter. Man i love my TM.
The oil filter on my 570 has a hose clamp from the radiator right above it. It was a knuckle slicer until I bought one of those filter sockets

Reactions: Nomad74

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Correct on Vegas.

A 1%r could kill it there as I'm convinced one doesn't exist.

Nobody even remotely normal lives there..
WTH I was to busy being Fred’s baggage boy!

Seriously I was wondering about wand marks on the upholstery but they wiped off with my hand so I figured they weren’t permanent.

Reactions: FB7777

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Got these two this last week, still coming off my best year to have January slow down, worst in 10 years. I did my mother in laws for 2k and still was 2k behind last year.

Barely misssed 16k. And all these Facebook stars acting like they’re making a killing.

I’m usually optimistic but this is getting harder and harder.

Still raised my rates anyway and expect to slow down a bit.

Just have to stay positive and not panick.

A63C9D3B-7045-4AC6-9CA1-BF4A7409244A.png 8156C051-7954-48B8-85FD-D5CD3E2FE074.png

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I think if I were in a smaller market I may not try quite so hard as the money just isnt there.

In my market there is way less competition and way more $ for the deluxe service, so using all kinds of floor protection and bringing in every tool on the truck for every job just makes sense. Plus with traffic doing big tickets that take 3-4hrs makes way more sense then 6-7 jobs at a lower rate.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
1%
Interesting observation.
I am not the best and not the worst.
I am World Class according to reviews and feedback and referrals.
And I love what I do.
I am back to pre scrubbing every carpet after having a break for a week and only pre scrubbing every 5th carpet.
I feel guilty if I do not do the best job I possibly can.
I will post a pic of a wand soon.
I need you one percenters to identify it for me

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
not to be a butthED...butt
moving blankets suck

Buy quality drop cloths
either 10wt canvas runners (available in 15 and 24 ft lengths) and butyl covered 9x12 for cleaning upl over wood/tile/rugs not being cleaned

Not bulky, machine washable (at laundromats with a Biggie machine)

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
oh my.....🧐

I have a dozen oil filter sockets .
from lawn mover/four wheeler/bike small to truck size

if it and a ratchet (with or without extensions) fit easily....why the hell do I want to wrap my hand around a dirty hot oil filter :headscratch:

I might break a nail.....

..LT.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom