1%

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Interesting house.

WTF is going on with the carpet?

So are you on the truck at all times now?

The photos were taken at different job sites-- the photos of the trashed carpet were of dorm rooms at a local university,-- a big name firm walked off that job.
Mostly its just me on the truck now.--
but remember when you "called me out" for being a low rated carpet cleaner or company on MB?--- Well I finally got rid of the guy who was responsible for nearly ALL the bad reviews-- you met the guy in clearwater MB.
Why did i keep him so long?--- because he gave me the time to "party hardy and chase chicks man":very_drunk: :rockon:
but Im a little more grown up now--:winky:

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
The photos were taken at different job sites-- the photos of the trashed carpet were of dorm rooms at a local university,-- a big name firm walked off that job.
Mostly its just me on the truck now.--
but remember when you "called me out" for being a low rated carpet cleaner or company on MB?--- Well I finally got rid of the guy who was responsible for nearly ALL the bad reviews-- you met the guy in clearwater MB.
Why did i keep him so long?--- because he gave me the time to "party hardy and chase chicks man":very_drunk: :rockon:
but Im a little more grown up now--:winky:

Good for you, I hope.

Reactions: Papa John

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
All I know is, before I knew you smartasses, I was in the high teens%-mid20's%. Now I think I'm in the mid single digits 5-7%. I don't know if I'll ever start doing the dog and pony show to get down to 1%, unless I start using a 2-3man crew to have time to screw with that.

Thanks guys. My business is 50% bigger than it was 3 years ago, and my net $ last year was over 53% That was the highest growth in gross and net that I've ever had. Thanks for not giving me any excuses.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've never had a love for cleaning, or gotten too geeked out about equipment (maybe a little early on), but I love the business and I know that we give our customers more than any of our competitors at or around our price point, so I'm good with that. I view the industry more as a path for me to reach my goals than anything else...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
After meeting tons of you people and seeing your skills, how you care for your equipment and what you keep on board, I'm 100% certain that only 1% of us have the passion.

I use to say 2%.

I will give you that there is only a small percentage of cleaners who go to the levels some of you do. How much of that is measurable by the average consumer is something I can't speak to.

Sadly, here are two stories of cleaners who recently retired:

1. "Gary" (no real names here): Always a nearly new van, great wrap, equipment neat and clean. He didn't prevacuum, 90% of his work was wanded with alkaline detergent and no prespray...including upholstery. But he dressed perfectly, had (to use Mikey's term) "lady killer charm", and he sold the business for a good enough price to have a nice retirement package.

2. "Eric": 20+ year old van, ancient, rusty Legend SE from the mid 90's. Vacuumed everything, prescrubbed, then ran a rotary jet extractor, then clear water rinsed with softened water. Charged the highest price in town. But he dressed like a cross between a biker and a homeless person. Finally shut down the business when he couldn't afford to fix his machine any longer.

The answer is to be the right blend of both, but its a sad tale that I see repeated too often, though not to both extremes.

F

FB7777

We can always make a shrine in front of your place. We could leave Castex cleaning tools and all the brands of scampoo we can find...
WTH are we gonna find room to display them prominently?

IMG_0583.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom