10 pounds of s*#t in a 5 pound bag.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Took me a bit to get a good lay out that was convenient to work with and user friendly......
Once I got it.....everything fell into place....I managed to get all this in and have some extra room for anything else that I need.....the solution reel...water supply reel... and the APO are all live reels.....

P9290961_zpsae5e0987.jpg

P9290960_zpsd72b3f23.jpg

P9280948_zps7271c4e9.jpg

plenty of room to still allow the machine to breath and do maintenance on the machine...can reach everything on shelf unit with no problems....

P9290964_zpsdc13854a.jpg

installed a roof vent to take the heat out......wired it into the accessory switch on the machine simple on and off....

P9280951_zpsca3af1a9.jpg

P9280952_zps4193df54.jpg

P9290962_zps68f8cecc.jpg

works out perfect..no rattle squeaks or things banging around nice and quiet....

PA010965_zps285ab9dd.jpg

Reactions: Nate The Great

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it stands up to the left of the Hoss....I did not have it in there when I took the pictures and in the last one it was in the house.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That is a Chevy 2500..not a huge van....good on gas..and the only way I could get away with this is because of the small foot print of the 570......I don't think I would of had the room with a bigger truck mount.....I enjoy working out of this thing more then my big truck.....

Mikey P

Administrator
That is a Chevy 2500..not a huge van....good on gas..and the only way I could get away with this is because of the small foot print of the 570......I don't think I would of had the room with a bigger truck mount.....I enjoy working out of this thing more then my big truck.....

thats because you have that POS blueline in the Isuzu.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Nice layout on the van.

What do you think the monthly cost of operation is with the van . . .

compared to your older "big truck" ?

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Things missing..

175 w/ brushes, pads and bonnets
Multi Sprayer
FlatMop
Grout brush
Airpath
Turbofan
Hard Floor wand
Upright
CRB
Buckets
Uph tools
Detail chems
Runners and tarps
Hard surface hand tool
Etc. .

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Other things missing
sun glasses sun screen
DVD player, flat screen tv
Port a potty, cooler box
....oh and 24 inch rims

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Things missing..

175 w/ brushes, pads and bonnets...I don't need them..
Multi Sprayer....I have 2 ...I carry one in the big truck but don't really use it....
FlatMop....for what..??
Grout brush..left side of reels......
Airpath....I have no use for one but there is 2 Drypods under the shelf...
Turbofan..have no use for one..
Hard Floor wand...turbo hanging on left wall...
Upright..got it...
CRB..no need...
Buckets....don't need them...
Uph tools...my older one is on the 2nd shelf left side..I need to buy another SS uph tool for this van,,,
Detail chems...bottom shelf and some on top right...
Runners and tarps.....folded up top...far end on shelf..
Hard surface hand tool...2 of them hanging on left side of shelf..
Etc. .

I have parked the big truck and have been using this for awhile and aside from a pair of duckbills I have not missed a single thing....

Mikey P

Administrator
Pardon my french Mr Martin but you is a tile hack...lol.

Ill be reporting you to the Real Cleaners review committee for violations to the oath of extreme cleanliness

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Pardon my french Mr Martin but you is a tile hack...lol.

Ill be reporting you to the Real Cleaners review committee for violations to the oath of extreme cleanliness

I make good good money cleaning tile and have never had a complaint or redo...so I guess when I start having problems I will enroll myself....and attend all the real cleaners monthly... " Yes you to can work yourself to death and make less money " meetings

Reactions: amygeorge

Mikey P

Administrator
So without a mop or buckets how do you apply the cleaner and sealer?

Tell me again why you don't have a young protege' running your second van/truck?
Dont need the income, don't need the headaches of training, what? You should be sitting at home posting all day while your chimps make you rich, enough.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So without a mop or buckets how do you apply the cleaner and sealer?

Tell me again why you don't have a young protege' running your second van/truck?
Dont need the income, don't need the headaches of training, what? You should be sitting at home posting all day while your chimps make you rich, enough.

I mix it up and pour it onto the center of the floor and take a stiff push broom and move it around to where I want it and scrub it in at the same time....
never have to worry about over spray on anything...don't have to carry a mop and bucket...I scrub larger areas and more then one grout line at a time...when I get into really tight areas then I will use the grout brush........
as far a sealing grout...I custom made my own "tool" to seal grout lines....so far it is working like a champ...very efficient and easy...( don't even ask...I am not ready to throw it out there yet and not sure what I am going to do..I have a friend of mine testing one out for me and he refuses to give it back )......

I have a guy that works for me when I need him...I really need to get off the truck but have no desire to.......I have a hand full of things I want to make and do...I guess when I am ready to I will start putting things together..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nice layout on the van.

What do you think the monthly cost of operation is with the van . . .

compared to your older "big truck" ?

Larry

My older big truck was my Vortex...we don't even want to go there....
My newer big truck is a Chevy W4500.it runs on regular gas not Diesel....

fuel mileage is better with the van...not by to much ...but better....
insurance is cheaper...
service is cheaper...
tires are cheaper...
and there is probably a few things that I am not thinking about right now....

one thing I do miss about the W4500..it turns way tighter then the van....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No, because it's easier and faster to work out of a properly set up van than a big truck you have to climb into to get stuff.

I use to think that I was going to pull the thermalwave and put a 570 in it place...now I am wondering if it would be smart to sell the whole set up and replace it with another van...The big truck and everything in it is paid off....I could sell it and then just roll the money over into another van set up.....:confused:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I use to think that I was going to pull the thermalwave and put a 570 in it place...now I am wondering if it would be smart to sell the whole set up and replace it with another van...The big truck and everything in it is paid off....I could sell it and then just roll the money over into another van set up.....:confused:

Do it!

But get a nice Sprinter and save even more on fuel...and have even more room than your Chevy van.

Mikey P

Administrator
I mix it up and pour it onto the center of the floor and take a stiff push broom and move it around to where I want it and scrub it in at the same time....
never have to worry about over spray on anything...don't have to carry a mop and bucket...

Mix it up in what? your coffee cup?

Mikey P

Administrator
yesterday was our first 2 Big Truck day.

20131001_091731_zps04b5c563.jpg

my son got stiffed and worked by himself.

not good, he is going to burn out if I don't get another helper soon.

A part timer, 3 to 4 days a week is on my to do list for next year.

Our process and demand for our services are just too much for one normal human to do by themselves.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim how many jobs a day are you doing?

Are you by yourself these days?

and remind me why you were not dual wanding with your Vortex?

by myself I am average 3 a day..most are pretty good size jobs....... if I see it is worth my time I will put the second truck on the road and squeeze in more
but it is more cost effective..to stretch things out if I can....I could bunch things up and run both most the time if I wanted to....but the name of the game is to make money...as long as I can stay ahead of the game then I make more....

the whole reason that I bought the Vortex was because I landed 4 big car dealer ship accounts.....the economy pretty much took care of them and I had a few others that I just gave away.....once that happened I ran the Vortex for a bit and decided that it was nothing but a waste of money to use...so I sold it and went to the slide ins...I have a small hand full of really larger jobs that I still do and find it easier just to bring 2 trucks and hit them from 2 different directions then have one truck set up....

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
yesterday was our first 2 Big Truck day.

20131001_091731_zps04b5c563.jpg

my son got stiffed and worked by himself.

not good, he is going to burn out if I don't get another helper soon.

A part timer, 3 to 4 days a week is on my to do list for next year.

Our process and demand for our services are just too much for one normal human to do by themselves.
Nice!

Better move that pickup before it gets red on your white truck!

Mikey P

Administrator
seriously, without a 175, you must be humpin that HOSS over a ton of carpet.

I just can't see how you can get more than two 4 to 5 roomers done in a day without collapsing.

Much like our DA buddy Marty, you bought your V for one or two big jobs that went away and never figured out how to daul with it. I get it, but for the life of me I just don't see sending one wand into a home. I guess if you're doing the bullshit Upsell routine and one guy cleans while to other brow beats the lady into a sofa or other bed room..
We had a $1500 tile job yesterday. Kitchen counters, dr and entry floors, 4 bath rooms, showers, counters floors, staircase of carpet etc. If I didn't have a helper it would have turned into a two day job. As it was we were able to able to also do a minimum charger to help my son out who was running late.

Im rambling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom