10 pounds of s*#t in a 5 pound bag.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
seriously, without a 175, you must be humpin that HOSS over a ton of carpet.

I just can't see how you can get more than two 4 to 5 roomers done in a day without collapsing.

Much like our DA buddy Marty, you bought your V for one or two big jobs that went away and never figured out how to daul with it. I get it, but for the life of me I just don't see sending one wand into a home. I guess if you're doing the bullshit Upsell routine and one guy cleans while to other brow beats the lady into a sofa or other bed room..
We had a $1500 tile job yesterday. Kitchen counters, dr and entry floors, 4 bath rooms, showers, counters floors, staircase of carpet etc. If I didn't have a helper it would have turned into a two day job. As it was we were able to able to also do a minimum charger to help my son out who was running late.

Im rambling.

Dual wanding is not rocket science....but nothing in this industry is.....

My goal was that in 10 years to have my company fully established to where work finds me and I don't have to advertize anymore...have everything paid off and get off the truck...I made my goal in that time frame until I bought the second unit....

so I will stay on the truck a bit longer...but I am not going to say that in a few years when the secound one is paid off that I would be willing to walk away from doing what I do...even at my age..I can still hold my own.......

Mikey P

Administrator
we need to talk ab out you doing a presentation at M10F.

I'll see if I can't get Bruders to one off you a HOSS with a collapsible seat built into it incase you feel faint..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we need to talk ab out you doing a presentation at M10F.

I'll see if I can't get Bruders to one off you a HOSS with a collapsible seat built into it incase you feel faint..

I got this covered. . I don't just carry any walker. I have the kind that you can turn around and sit down if you feel faint. Plus the seat lifts for storage of spotters and small tools.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That is a Chevy 2500..not a huge van....good on gas..and the only way I could get away with this is because of the small foot print of the 570......I don't think I would of had the room with a bigger truck mount.....I enjoy working out of this thing more then my big truck.....

I tell you when my 405's are done

I might get me one of those

tngvegas

Great pics Jim. how much is the solution reel and how much hose can you put on it? and the blue hose is hooked to the apo, right? is it 3/4 inch and where did you buy it from?

your solution hose is manual. why didn't you go with a electric reels?

No matter what mikey thinks your a great asset to this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Brad Gouveia
Why two water reels. Looks like you got both hooked up to the house on the last job/pic.

I am guess one might be a waste water pump out is that right?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Great pics Jim. how much is the solution reel and how much hose can you put on it? and the blue hose is hooked to the apo, right? is it 3/4 inch and where did you buy it from?

your solution hose is manual. why didn't you go with a electric reels?

No matter what mikey thinks your a great asset to this board.

There is 200 continuous feet of solution hose on the reel...the reel came from Sapphire......
the blue hose that is hooked on the APO...is a 3/4 ID hose that also came from Sapphire...It is the same hose that I run on the Thermalwave....most hose shops carry this stuff.....it is pretty high pressure hose.....

The solution hose reel is manual...I had a electric hose reel for a solution line and found that the motor that sticks out the side of the thing was always in my way...it is not an effort to reel up a solution line......If I remember correct I think Jimbo ended up with my electric one......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Why two water reels. Looks like you got both hooked up to the house on the last job/pic.

I am guess one might be a waste water pump out is that right?

correct...one is fresh water and one is waste water........

PA020966_zps2d1031f7.jpg

PA020967_zpsfacb632f.jpg

Jerry

Supportive Member
I like it Jim, super clean as usual! I went with an extended 1 ton with this last truck, It was hard to find but I really like the extra length.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Always like your layouts of your vans Jim! Very efficient. How has that 570 been doing for you,, I'm looking to get a new unit/van myself and the 570 is on the list.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like it Jim, super clean as usual! I went with an extended 1 ton with this last truck, It was hard to find but I really like the extra length.

Think about how much room you would have with a set up like this and a longer van...........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Always like your layouts of your vans Jim! Very efficient. How has that 570 been doing for you,, I'm looking to get a new unit/van myself and the 570 is on the list.

Love this machine...it got a little quirk to it that I am not really to happy about but it would not stop me from getting another.......cant seem to find a answer for it..so now that I have it set how I want it I am going to concentrate more on it.......and see what I can do......

Reactions: Jay_wat

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
wait till you clean with that thing in the heat down there...and then have to get in it:eekk:....thats where the box is nice...

And Mike, we dont all have the type of clientele that would need or pay for that much service.....

just saying......location, location, location....

and on those few jobs....schedule it so you have the helper

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have had this machine for almost 14 months already....it was a hot summer this year and no problems...just had to get that vent in to get some of that heat out....so far smell has not been a issue......

Mikey P

Administrator
And Mike, we dont all have the type of clientele that would need or pay for that much service.....

we reap what we sow Doug.

If you want the sort of customer who is willing to pay for a two man crew, who use the very best products, vacuum edges, pre scrub with assorted gadgets, are able to handle any sort of on site upsell right then and now, leave the carpet drier than the competition and never rush, YOU can have them too.

Mikey P

Administrator
Im amazed no supplier has come on here and told us what it would cost to duplicate Jim's awesome van cost wise.

only with an extended van so he could fit a 175 and a porta potty for Figgy Friday.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

If you want the sort of customer who is willing to pay for a two man crew, who use the very best products, vacuum edges, pre scrub with assorted gadgets, are able to handle any sort of on site upsell right then and now, leave the carpet drier than the competition and never rush, YOU can have them too.

Maybe....but ill admit it right now....FOR ME...its not worth the hassle.....either for the search, or the job.....those people/places give me a headache..... and around here, unless i am completely clueless......the people/houses you would think are..... are usually the cheapest sum bitches you can imagine...

nope....ill stick to my middle of the row joe, who likes a decent/good job, for a fair price, and doesnt give 2 tits about the dog and pony show....

I just got done with a 15k sqft strip....charged .20 a ft:dejection:(i know how do i make any money?) but lets see that was 3 grr, and i broke it up into 3 days/nights, so i didnt kill myself....BUT more because it was a craft store, and they had tons o shit to move....

cost me about 800 to do it...

where as i go to the normal .35 would have been 5250.....and i wouldnt have got it....but some other low brow company would have...and i would be out 2200....

or go with the .50 (which people still say is low) and it would have been 7500....and he would still be laughing....

point is.....understand your market, and make sure you make money on it....

even the high rollers can loose money

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For heaven's sake. I thought we have already discussed this subject to death.
It does not matter what your business model is, as long as you and your clients are happy and you make your profit.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
For heaven's sake. I thought we have already discussed this subject to death.
It does not matter what your business model is, as long as you and your clients are happy and you make your profit.

lol we have....

but SOME people keep beating it to death

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim,

What are the aforementioned quirks with the 570?
I am considering that unit for the future and just wana know as much as I can from an actual user and not a dealer or salesman.

F

FB7777

For daily runners, Cargo vans rule

It's encouraging to see the layout in your van Jim... Very well thought out

We've been dual wanting most if not all large jobs where upholstery and carpet are involved

Getting sick of the Butler footprint not enough room for all the accessories I need ...

4.8 CDS or Sapphire 1200 are looking better every day

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

This is what I'm slowly trying to grow into. These higher end cleaning companies will be safer, I think, if the economy tanks. Plus...it's just a friggin' blast playing with all these new toys!

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom