$100 question..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you were going to drop a slide in into a box truck what would be your #1 choice and why....

give me all the the ins and outs of your choice........

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
HM Maxx 470. Because its my local dealer and I've already tried another brand who won't send me parts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
HM Maxx 470. Because its my local dealer and I've already tried another brand who won't send me parts.

Doug is that a power clean you are referring to....???

and why the..HM Maxx 470

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

Are you considering this combination....?

I ran PTO units for 20 years....If you are entertaining this idea...

Post any negative's...that give you concern..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
are you asking what box truck or which slide in?

the box would be one of the 12ft low box designs on a E350 Ford chassis w/gas motor
Common chassis and drive train that any shop can work on.
Parts aren't silly expensive and are available off the shelf.
No gadgets and doodads to fail like the UD or other diesel cabovers.

and Ed Macman's funeral precession won't pass me going up a kill

which slide-in
That would be the tough choice.
45 blower (you don't need bigger for single wand) and yes, I had a TM with a 47.
45 is all that's needed.

hell, with what I know now, i might try building another one.
Maybe buy kit a from Les, save some coin and put it together myself

You adding a van, Jim?
or dumping the POS V like Mike and Marty will be doing by this time next year?

..l.T.A.

I agree with Harper. The Everest is the best all around truckmount in my opinion. You can run three sections of hose on the low setting and still have great suction, but if you need the extra power you can always bump up the throttle to medium or high. Since I have had mine I can say the benefits are a much quieter machine than my legend xl, no temp spikes just steady hot solution, and higher pressure for cleaning hard surface. Oh yea the apo is great for water extraction. I like my machine plus my supplier is 5 minutes from my house.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim, I do agree with most here that the Judson is a great machine.

But, i feel that you will not be happy with any machine that is not as powerful
as your V..

I agree Larry about a 45 0r 47 blower....But you cannot sustain the kind of heat
that you are accustom to without the bigger blowers...IMO..

Even though you may never use it....it is nice to have 3000 PSI availiable....it
saved me alot of money a few months ago....when we had a oil leak on some
brick pavers in a driveway.

Greenie

Mikey's response to his TNT500 will tell the tale on the "will you be happy with less" Vortex owner crowd.

I still think it's crazy to pressure wash with a $28,000 machine, very hot water at 1200psi will clean oil from a drive, why would you need 3000 psi (if you can actually get that high)?

And nothing against a 650, nice machine, but it's no Vortex, just trying to keep it real.

From what I read so far, are you saying Judson needs to make a 68hp TM?
Personally I'm glad they don't, I'd prefer not to use a laptop to troubleshoot, and I'd prefer not to be dependent on my local dealer, I need some independence and the ability to get a simple part on a Sat.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
I agree Larry about a 45 0r 47 blower....But you cannot sustain the kind of heat

HX aren't "all that" to me, Joe.
The "free" heat they portray in the marketing loses it's luster with the addition costs associated with them .
(if you want screaming heat anyway)
both upfront for larger more expensive engines/ blower, additional HX'rs and additional fuel usage over the years

I'll admit that needing another fuel to fire burners can be a bit of a PITA, however, IMO, they're worth the PITA factor for instant, reliable screaming heat when needed.

and HX'rs aren't without their own warts, as I'm sure you know

I really will be in the quandary as to which TM to buy when it's time to replace our Powermatic.
The "Tim Taylor" side of me says go to Summit Racing and buy a sm block Chevy crate motor to spin a 56 blower @3000rpm and 16HG.
But the practical/realistic side of me says a twin cylinder air cooled Kohler/45 blower config with a screaming heat burner is more reasonable for our single wand needs

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You adding a van, Jim?
or dumping the POS V like Mike and Marty will be doing by this time next year?

The only reason I would get rid of it is because I either ran it to death and it wont give me anymore or I got run over......

I have somethings I am tossing around and I would like to know what everyone thinks is the best slide in and why.....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have an everest and an apex and am very happy with both. The everest is a much nicer machine and you can get some really good ones used. I paid about the same for both machines $16,000 range

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've have a 45 slide-in with propane heat and love it. A fews years ago I bought a 47 slide-in with exchangers and after a lot tweeking love the extra vac and convenient heat source. But if I ever replace it and was going to use a box truck I would go with the Judson Reactor and a propane post heater. Most times you probably wouldn't need the the propane but would be nice for some of the nasties and should have room for it with the box truck.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
sec8 AllAmericanHero said:
HARPER said:

HX aren't "all that" to me, Joe.
The "free" heat they portray in the marketing loses it's luster with the addition costs associated with them .
(if you want screaming heat anyway)
both upfront for larger more expensive engines/ blower, additional HX'rs and additional fuel usage over the years

I'll admit that needing another fuel to fire burners can be a bit of a PITA, however, IMO, they're worth the PITA factor for instant, reliable screaming heat when needed.

and HX'rs aren't without their own warts, as I'm sure you know

I really will be in the quandary as to which TM to buy when it's time to replace our Powermatic.
The "Tim Taylor" side of me says go to Summit Racing and buy a sm block Chevy crate motor to spin a 56 blower @3000rpm and 16HG.
But the practical/realistic side of me says a twin cylinder air cooled Kohler/45 blower config with a screaming heat burner is more reasonable for our single wand needs

..L.T.A.

The chevy will run forever and you could run it just off idle. I have a 305 sitting around and I'm thinking of doing the same thing. It would be a fun project at least!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey guys,

LET ME REPEAT MYSELF....The Judson is a GREAT MACHINE...

I was not suggesting that Jim buy a PROCHEM..
I was saying that I was very satisfied with my Everest..And my HP is modified with
dual 2.5 hose..It will absolutley hang with any V..or AT..It is extreemly quiet & dependable.

The V has alot of its own issues. As I stated previously....I ran Butler unit for 20 years...

PTO units are very dependable & TECH FREINDLY...BUT ....In my opinion the don't hold
their RESALE value & after 3000 hrs they LAY DOWN amazingly quick..

At the time, when I was looking for another unit...I priced out an AT $90 K.....
The BUTLER GMC 4500 was damn near the same with all the bells & whistles.

I was able to CUSTOM build exactly what I wanted for around $60 K...Everest,waterpond,
Lots of SS shelving,APO,rx20 & mounting brackets,custom SS fuel tank,all hoses,installation,
water softner,ect.ect.......

The only DRAW BACKs that i see with the JUDSON is the way they look..I like the professional
apperance of a factory machine.."although the lunchpail looks nice!!"....I have a PERSONAL
dislike of PROPANE...I feel it is dangerous...Both in the EXTREEME heat it can generate &
it is a BOMB ....mounted to the van.

I have ALREADY spoken to Judson & Dick about removing the electronics from the Everest
if the start to have ISSUES.

I think that Greenies mods to the judson will push it into a WHOLE NEW market...I have a
92 PROCHEM "BEARCAT" (405)...that I have modified with Greenies advise..that is a STUD.
It has over 5000 hrs & looks like its NEW....

IMO..the way that JIm maintains his EQUIPMENT...he will have very few problems with what ever unit he may choose..." I am just guessing...BUT ...Jim is probably doing what all sucessful
business men do. He is just planning for the future...HRs are getting up there on his machine
& he is just weighing his options.

Maybe by the time he is ready to pull the trigger ? Jeff will have CUSTOMIZED "with the Jones"
the NEW C-4 ....a MONSTER blower,HEAT exchanged,PTO unit, for water restoration & tripple
wand use... "SOME OF US LIKE A LOT OF HORSEPOWER...AT ANY PRICE!!!!"

take care !

Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Matt Murdock said:
I have an everest and an apex and am very happy with both. The everest is a much nicer machine and you can get some really good ones used. I paid about the same for both machines $16,000 range
Greg,
You are just the person i want to hear.
I'm considering a Dodge sprinter so the Apex will be a good match for using the same fuel source.
How is the Apex regarding: 1) Heat 2) Dependability 3) Vacuum Power 4) Ease of servicing?

Also I know of somebody who replaced his because he did a lot of oriental rugs and they got the diesel smell if he had them in the truck for deliveries while cleaning. Do you find that, a strong diesel smell, to be true?

Greenie

the Take Care, Lisa was perfect...lol

Ofer, yes i have a Greenhorn in the shop you can look at, but i ship them as fast as I build them, catch me later in the week and I might have a TNT500 to look at as well as a Classic TNT.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Doug Cox":3aphacve]HM Maxx 470. Because its my local dealer and I've already tried another brand who won't send me parts.

and why the..HM Maxx 470[/quote:3aphacve]

Yes Jim it is. I plan to go back to a HM if I can't get this Powerclean issue worked out. I've been told the Maxx 470 is a good machine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Jim Martin":yi9nbkvr][quote="Doug Cox":yi9nbkvr]HM Maxx 470. Because its my local dealer and I've already tried another brand who won't send me parts.

and why the..HM Maxx 470[/quote:yi9nbkvr]

Yes Jim it is. I plan to go back to a HM if I can't get this Powerclean issue worked out. I've been told the Maxx 470 is a good machine.[/quote:yi9nbkvr]

I had heard threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that Powerclean was having financial problems..

why the 470..........

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I like the fact that the Big Daddy has an aluminum frame and the stainless. I don't like things that look bad because they corrode and rust.

Does the Judson Mikey is getting have a kerosene burner option instead of the propane burner? (as does the El Diablo) What is the frame made of?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

I would never buy NEW again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In these hard times ....there are units out there with hardly any hrs...
Lots of factory warranty left... Alot of these units you can buy at 50% of there value...

Richard has a GREAT LOOKING 805 Prochem !!!!!!!!!!!

And if he doesn't want to sell his....I have an 805 prochem in UTAH for sale......
3 brand new HExchangers & complete serviced + lots of new components, hoses ect....

I will sell to you with nothing down...& we can negotiate the price after you run-it.....

Photos are on Truckmount Deals .com Unit # 922....Take a look...

Shane

HARPER said:
Jim,

I would never buy NEW again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In these hard times ....there are units out there with hardly any hrs...
Lots of factory warranty left... Alot of these units you can buy at 50% of there value...

Richard has a GREAT LOOKING 805 Prochem !!!!!!!!!!!

And if he doesn't want to sell his....I have an 805 prochem in UTAH for sale......
3 brand new HExchangers & complete serviced + lots of new components, hoses ect....

I will sell to you with nothing down...& we can negotiate the price after you run-it.....

Photos are on Truckmount Deals .com Unit # 922....Take a look...

Joe,

Point me in the direction of these TM's. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shane,

search the thread ....THEY GAVE IT A WEEK...by BOAZCAN....I believe it was 3 days ago?

New Everest..8 hrs...All equipment & van ..ASKING 43k...Sure you could buy for 40k or LESS!

listing is on craigslist/tampa

Shane

HARPER said:
Shane,

search the thread ....THEY GAVE IT A WEEK...by BOAZCAN....I believe it was 3 days ago?

New Everest..8 hrs...All equipment & van ..ASKING 43k...Sure you could buy for 40k or LESS!

listing is on craigslist/tampa

Thx Joe, I talked to that guy last week, he's only interested in selling it complete. I only want the machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom