100% Satisfaction Guarantee Refund

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I put 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in my ads and finally had a taker.

Guy called me to clean a 15 year old carpet, the wear from in front of the sofa was nearly thru the carpet. I explained that it wouldn't look like new because of the age & condition. He said he didn't expect it to, just wanted to make it better for one more year.

He called me back 4 hours later demanding I come back and reclean the carpet because it didn't look like new! I again explained to him the situation and that another trip wouldn't solve the problem. He hung up on me before I could finish. I called him back and reminded him of the guarantee and told him I would mail him his check back the next day - he still wasn't happy. So I mail his check back and forget about it.

2 days later, same guy calls. His wife had come home and was thrilled with how nice the carpet looked. He was letting me know that he was sorry and that he was sending the check back to me.

It cashed!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Pre-qualifing is key, I dropped the ball once... :oops: :evil: It does seem like you did do that though... I also would come back and reclean before I refund anything. The guarantee's might be taken advantage of with the state of our economy.

Buzzbac

Preadvising what the finished condition will be is an experts opinion....... post cleaning explanations of why something wouldnt come good is a failures excuse......... like anything else timing is key .....

Chris A

Name
Chris
sounds like you pre-qualified, and the guy was still a Dick. In those situations I feel like its a good idea to have a pre-qualification section on the work order for the customer to sign before starting work, but I don't.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Under promise, over deliver

A guarantee is of what you say will happen or what happened will stay that way.

You gauranteed him that it wouldn't look perfect and you delivered...maybe even delivered it better.

You should not have sent him the check because you did exactly what you said you would.

Don't be too trigger happy with the check returning bro.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The main thing was that I KNEW that a return trip wouldn't do anything but cause me an extra trip that wasn't going to satisfy this person on this particular day, regardless.

In the end we all have a satisfaction guarantee because it's only a phone call away to cancel a check or dispute a CC charge, right?

At any rate, all turned out well, and the wife & husband are now cheerleaders for me honoring the guarantee.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
A 100% satisfaction guarantee is just that. No amount of prequalifying or anything after the fact changes this. I think he did the smart and honorable thing by returning the check. Move on and hopefully there are not too many of those.

Name
Nate W.
Ken Snow said:
A 100% satisfaction guarantee is just that. No amount of prequalifying or anything after the fact changes this. I think he did the smart and honorable thing by returning the check. Move on and hopefully there are not too many of those.

X2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom