12 inch Greenhorn wand

woodsey

Purchased a 12 " greenhorn with slot glide for doing nasty rentals. I wanted the 14" but the 12 is what Judson had in stock. I used it on two heavy soiled commercial jobs this weekend and I was really impressed with the results. It worked better than my TI wand and the jobs went just a bit faster. I have done these jobs several times in the past so I know within a few min how long they take. I used it with a TNT and the Thermalwave , the results the same. I use to think the 14" wand was the faster of the two but on heavy soil I now wonder if the 12 is the better way to go. More heat and vac in a smaller area?? What is everyones opinion on this ?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
It may be the heat/size but it may be a better wand design too. Or maybe it's both. Did you get a higher flow in the greenhorn than the ti? That will make the biggest difference.

woodsey

About the same flow but a more uniform and tighter pattern on the greenhorn and at a lower strike angle with the greenhorn.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeff;

You need a well-designed 14" TM wand.

A good TM should easily handle a 14" wand ! !

We have a CMP 14" with four angled jets that deliver plenty of water to clean those apartments.

The 14" Bentley with stainless slotted glide is another option,

that has better agitation:
BentSSBot1.jpg

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From what I've seen in previous posts. It seems a lot of guys are having problems with the jets being too close to the carpet with the Bentley. (streaking, pile distortion)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got a 14" GH, running 03 jets, 15 flow
Fantastic wand!!
I've often thought of using a 12" and running the same flow, bigger jets, more water per jet, ie 4x 04's
Could easily go to the slotted glide and keep the same airflow

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using a 12 inch wand would mean I would be in the house all day long.

Big time waster.

time is money and the 14 inch is the smallest I would go.

I do use my 12 inch to clean rugs though but not for any kind of production time.

woodsey

Jimmy, Thats what I thought would happen but was supprised with the results. Im not getting rid of my TI but I will be playing with the jets on it to see if I can get them adjusted to get some of the steaking out. Anyway Im having fun playing with the greenhorn on different carpets and on the very soiled it seems the greenhorn 12" can easily keep up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
woodsey said:
Im not getting rid of my TI but I will be playing with the jets on it to see if I can get them adjusted to get some of the steaking out.

is your Ti a 4 or 6 jet model??

..L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I like my 12 inch greenhorn. I must say it is a bit heavy. I have used 14 inch wands and thought they where great on rentals with wide open areas , but in occupied residential it got a little tight swinging the 2 inch hose around and the 14 inch head was a also a bit snug in tight areas like bedrooms. I have a hybrid glide on mine and get great dry times even with my little 33 blower tm. I have noticed on my greenhorn you have to be very aware of where the jets are especialy on thicker carpet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ron Werner said:
Isn't the 12" GH a 2" wand?? You still have the 2" hose to play with.
ya it is, and I hate draging it around. It cleans so much better than my pos inch and a half vietnamese wand ,I deal with it. I did a hole in the wall motel the other day and did it with the inch and a half wand. It was alot more nimble and easier and faster to use than the 2 inch greenhorn

Able 1

Name
Keith
You should have NO streaking with a 6 jet ti wand... The only reason you would: a clogged jet, clogged vac. head, old jets, or the jet size is too small with extenders... My ti has NEVER streaked unless ^^^ was true.

woodsey said:
Clark, my TI is the 6 jet

woodsey

Able, It is more than likley what you said. I have the longer extenders and am using 11002s on the inside and 8502 on the outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom