1st truck mount advice

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
So after years of using a portable i'm finally considering getting a TM. Obviously i know what they are but have never owned one. I want simplicity not concerned with all the bell's and whistles, just more that can fail on them as far as i'm concerned. I want basic squirt and suck, already own a little giant heater so i got heat covered. already have a chevy van to put one in as well

So i want a simple basic machine that i can work on myself if need be. In the last 6 years i've never had to go over 150 feet and most likely never will.

So whats the best simple basic and reliable machine out there?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All truck mounts will come with heat if buying new. I use lg heaters on 2 of my units but if I was buying new, I would want a heat exchange unit like a Prochem legend or sapphire 370. Very simple to run and only 1 fuel to buy. Take of it and it will last many years.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
Am considering a relia-built unit

23HP Briggs Vanguard "Commercial POWER" engine
Size 45 Blower - 400CFM /15"HG Lift
2000 PSI High temperature pump

simple basic unit easy to work on if need be

or a judson but the are a lot more

Good choice too if you wont go with a Big Boy.

Ask Reliabiult guy how long he plans to be doing this

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

I bought a wore out 2002 White Magic pro for $3,000 a few years ago. Best move I made. It was a big risk but the set up is so simple and dependable I want to put it in a newer van.
Got a used butler a couple years ago and really like it too but it is a little more complicated under the cover.
I was a Bane owner before the WM.

I'm sure there are guys here with spare units that would help you get into it under ten grand.
I'm sure a rage or 370 would be good machines too but I'm not familiar with those.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That would be a simple and powerful unit. Especially if you have some basic mechanical skills and can look after maintenance and minor repairs yourself.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Hey, if you are a carpet cleaner, you can make a bissell work with right chems. You’re just gonna look weak with your customers🤷🏼‍♂️
That 15’ cord might be a problem too.

Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just looking at reliabilts website. The machine you're looking at appears to be around $10,000. He offers to sell for less if you want to skip the heat exchangers and use your own lg heater. Don't do it unless you have the latest high pressure HT 3 or HT 4 capable of 1300-2200 psi. The old ones are limited to 600 psi which will make tile cleaning more difficult and will prevent you from using any kind of a spinning tool. You will save/make more money in the long run by going with his heat exchange system.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
So after years of using a portable i'm finally considering getting a TM. Obviously i know what they are but have never owned one. I want simplicity not concerned with all the bell's and whistles, just more that can fail on them as far as i'm concerned. I want basic squirt and suck, already own a little giant heater so i got heat covered. already have a chevy van to put one in as well

So i want a simple basic machine that i can work on myself if need be. In the last 6 years i've never had to go over 150 feet and most likely never will.

So whats the best simple basic and reliable machine out there?
Doesn’t sound like your committed to getting a truckmount yet. When you come to appreciate the bells and whistles and quit being intimidated by technology, go an buy a Sapphire.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ignorance uses the term "bells and whistles". You'll probably take offense to that statement, but it's true. Sensors are put in place to prevent overheating and low water so the truckmounts don't melt or dry up. They don't go faulty every 6months, nor do they cause problems all the time. What they do is prevent you from having to purchase another fuel that's a waste of money.

When these truckmounts have bluetooth satellite radio attachments or GPS systems...then you can use the term bells and whistles. Other than that, it's just smart engineering.

I'm sure the relia-bilt machines are good, so I suggest getting the heat exchanger model to save space. And since you're experienced with portables...you know this rug sucking chemistry well, so there's no need to have 250f all the time.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you choose the relia-bilt, just make certain it has an option to fully turn the heat off for delicate fiber and wool.

some of these simple made truckmounts are too simple and don't have that option. That's a major need in these machines. Cleaning with cold water is very important to have in this business

Mikey P

Administrator
Ignorance uses the term "bells and whistles". You'll probably take offense to that statement, but it's true. Sensors are put in place to prevent overheating and low water so the truckmounts don't melt or dry up. They don't go faulty every 6months, nor do they cause problems all the time. What they do is prevent you from having to purchase another fuel that's a waste of money.

When these truckmounts have bluetooth satellite radio attachments or GPS systems...then you can use the term bells and whistles. Other than that, it's just smart engineering.

I'm sure the relia-bilt machines are good, so I suggest getting the heat exchanger model to save space. And since you're experienced with portables...you know this rug sucking chemistry well, so there's no need to have 250f all the time.

Look how smart Matt is getting..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

Why would you need a high temperature pump?

Do they run hot water through the pump?

I am still using my Cleaning Technologies truckmount that I bought new in 1984. It has over 30,000 hours on it, with a few new parts here and there but it was definitely worth purchasing it. It came with a #45 blower, LG heater, and Cat high pressure pump and all the necessary accessories, including a dual vac portable with 2 wands, hose reels, hose, etc., for 6K.

It is simple but runs dual wands with no problem at 150' each wand.

Tonight I will also be using that truckmount running dual wands, and my 15" Zipper SS from my ETM. ETM has Cat pump and 240,000 BTU LP heater. We are cleaning a mega church in town (12,000 sq. ft.).

It should take under 4 hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom