Classified 2 bigred machines for sale

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
Hello,I came across two deisel Bigred units,one is isuzu with the big clutch aceoss the front,the other i this red one,I dont know much about them other than in their day they were the best,both engines run,
If you can tell me anything or point me in the right direction to sell them id really appreciate it,this red on actually has a really nice "rockford take off" clutch that i know is pricy,but engine is a tank for real
If youd like to know more please text or call 440-222-1288
Im in cleveland ohio so please be mindful of the time difference

Screenshot_2019-09-24-19-28-33.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Big Reds were awesome when they ran. I used one with a Perkins diesel some kind of number 5 blower. Great vacuum and heat but problems with the little waste tank and pump out.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hello,I came across two deisel Bigred units,one is isuzu with the big clutch aceoss the front,the other i this red one,I dont know much about them other than in their day they were the best,both engines run,
If you can tell me anything or point me in the right direction to sell them id really appreciate it,this red on actually has a really nice "rockford take off" clutch that i know is pricy,but engine is a tank for real
If youd like to know more please text or call 440-222-1288
Im in cleveland ohio so please be mindful of the time difference

View attachment 93774
Can you take a bunch more pictures of these artifacts? there's a couple drooling on here. And I"m a little curious also

Reactions: Nomad74

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
Also the isuzu is in fact a D84 model,the person i got these from said that its all there,it was winterized and stored for last 10 years,he said they absolutely run,"better than anything out there today" his words,
I have the numbers on the machines i wonder if i can track its life/assembly
Im wandering if i grease them up and give them a good bath if it would make much of a difference,i posted thes on a couple sale sites,people are really interested in the perkins motor,pumps and chippers i guess,i hate to sell it to someone who chops it up,i feel like im holding a great piece of history

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
Hello everyone,it is 8am est,ill be posting more pics at your request,when i get to the warehouse ill post as many as i can in their entirety,bout an hour or so,stay tuned

Mikey P

Administrator
My first couple of Coit vans had one...

I guess I dont get why Gene went with a PTO and not a belt or coupler system

Sounds like a BIG f'n pain in the ass.

FredC

Village Idiot
My first couple of Coit vans had one...

I guess I dont get why Gene went with a PTO and not a belt or coupler system

Sounds like a BIG f'n pain in the ass.
One of the units here is a coupler system

I can't say for sure why pto but I like the idea of being able to disengage and those PTOs aren't prone to breaking in my experience. If I had to guess I'd say just because it is a simple solution and they are usually available already coupled.

FredC

Village Idiot
don't these run the cleaning solution through the engine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom