2 maybe 3 more weeks

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Then i can leave my truck unplugged shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

lows between upper 20s and mid 30s.....

woot woot......spring time

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Been a mild winter here .
Payed a lot le$$ compared to the usual winter 'lecrtic bills
(my house is all electric)

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have a garage with insulated walls & doors, and a ceiling. It takes quite a lot for it to fall below freezing. My truck walls and ceiling are also insulated. I say this year I have used the heater probably 50% less. Last night was the first in several weeks. I monitor the inside of the truck and watch what the temp is suppose to do during the night. This give me a good idea if I want to plug in the heater. I to look forward to not having to even think about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Getting close here. 46 tonight, 56 tomorrow, then 34, 34, just not consistant yet.

It was a mild winter, we usualy try to make it to March before filling our propane tank. We still have 15% left, should make it this month and into next, we were buring 5% less a month in the cold months. 8)

hogjowl

Idiot™
My woot woots come when summer ends and "winter" begins. Hot as heck here between May and October.

I think I have put a heater in my van three times this winter.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We get the heat and humdity too Porkchop.

That reminds me we need to buy 5-AC units, cooper thieves needed Christmas money back in December and the gutted our AC units. :cry:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
This winter has been awesome. I haven't had to put a heater in the van all winter. It stays in the 50's in the garage all night.

Jimbo

Jimi said:
We get the heat and humdity too Porkchop.

That reminds me we need to buy 5-AC units, cooper thieves needed Christmas money back in December and the gutted our AC units. :cry:

Small 'Freudian Slip'!

Went snowboarding in shirtsleeves yesterday!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Jeez Richard,

Really? Someone stole the copper from you air conditioners? Unbelievable the balls of people.

They ever catch them?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep nothing left but scrap. thathurts

It's been happening for years in our town, we were just foolish enough to think it wouldn't happen to us.

We should have bought cages a year ago, now we need to replace 5-AC units. I'm not going to order the new AC units until the cages are built. Ivebeensold

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went into an empty rental last summer ... house locked up, A/C off ... hot as it could be in there ... and I had to walk cuz the AC wouldn't work. I called the landlord in Mississippi and told her I would clean it when she got the AC fixed. She called me back a few weeks later to clean it and told me I couldn't get it to come on cuz somebody has stolen all the copper out of the unit.

I wondered why that step ladder was in the hallway and the attic access door was open ...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea there is a shelter house just 1/2 mile across a creek behind the back of our property. The officer said they had hit the condenser there three times.The city put the unit up on the roof and they hit it two more times. They tied it into their alarm system and they hit it again and they dispatched a patrol car. They guy saw the car and jumped off the roof and into the woods.

The officer said one salvage yard stays open late to buy copper. Bastards!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and they dont make these guys show ID when they sell??

fook you cant even take cans in here with out ID and where you got it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I put in a bid to re-hab an empty house this winter.
We got the OK about 3 weeks later .

when we got there, the scrap thieves stole the AC unit, appliances and all the easy to get to copper plumbing from the basement .

Donno if they got shocked or not when they cut the AC line ..but I could tell the way the breaker tripped, they didn't turn off the breaker when they cut it.
I reckon there was at least some sparks and their bolt cutters probably have a nice arc cut in the center

here's some pics of a couple thieves that got cooked in Tx
Warning, they're graphic .
Not a whole lot of blood and gore like some fatal motor cycle crash pics, but close up pics of two dead and VERY CHARRED individuals ...so be advised

http://www.sotsyndicate.com/offtopic/30 ... y-nws.html

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
and they dont make these guys show ID when they sell??

fook you cant even take cans in here with out ID and where you got it
Yes they do but how can they tell who's copper is who's. Especially when these guys are pros', every night they are out gathering copper some where.

The officer told me at one of the baseball diamonds they had designed something to pull the big copper out. They had a huge chain attached to a pickup and were pulling it out by the yard when the police go there. :roll:

There also dumb thieves, there is a large HVAC company near us and they were pulling large diameter copper that had fluid in it. The officer said they followed the fluid trail around 4-blocks, right up to a trailer where a guy was standing at a barrel burning the cover off copper wire. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom