2 sofas, 3 luv seats, 3 recliners in 45 minutes

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Damn i fast! :lol:

I didn't take pics of all the furniture but here's a couple shots.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It takes Werner that long just to pre-vac that much furniture. :mrgreen:

Faster is not always better. Although it looked like some easy stuff to clean.

What takes me a while is when they have dog hair woven into the weave of some fabrics.

I did a job Saturday that we cleaned a queen mattress, a double futon cushion, sectional sofa, oversize chair, sofa, Chair, Ottoman, swivel chair, bedroom, large family room, office, theater rooms. hall and some pet spots in other parts of the house.

It was a sweet job for this time of the year.

(It took four hours.)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Good pay day. I could never do that no matter how hard I tried.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Pretty cool. I don't think I could have done it that fast, but now that I have a SS tool, I can go alot faster. Did you use that tool on all of the furniture?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Looks like you used a stair tool for the furniture?? That much furniture and I would run 2 upholstery tools.

Yesterday, I had a nice insurance job of....1 queen and 1 twin mattress sets, 1 love seat, 6 recliners, 2 ottos, and 5 pieces of porch chair pads, 3 bedrooms and hall with bath.(all carpets were 30+year old wool.)

Later last night....about 11:00, got a 3 bedroom, hall, living room slab home fully soaked with ceilings falling in. (pipe break in attic) All they needed was a wanding because they were tearing out all carpet today. The blow-in insulation was falling in from the ceiling from the water weight.

You gotta love insurance work.

I could have done that easy. It's called a helper and second tool going. One guy does body while the other does cushions and pillows.

By myself it would have taken a good bit unless I hacked them out like George with a stair tool or wand.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How much water did you throw all over crap with that tool?

Furniture cleaning, especially in-home should have contained jets IMHO.

Since, you hacked it. You likely just sprayed a foot away from the fabric and sucked it off with the tool.

Wonder if that will kick you out of Waldo's to 25?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
WOW !!!! I would never clean upholstery with a stair tool. There are many types of cleaners out there.

Tony Dees

Wow Robert

Do you have any pics?

Did u do the demo and shovel it out? What was the scene and how did you work it out? Was it all caved in when you got there?

Got ta love it sometimes...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Georges post would be good to repost on those websites that have WARNING !! pages.Ther must be thousands of websites that say the same stuff.

I think they are from Joe P. or Howard. Something like- Warning: Don't Hire Any Carpet Cleaner Until you Read This! Dear Friend,. There are many unscrupulous carpet cleaners out there that will take advantage of .............................

Thank's George er.. a.... Bubba.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lrg head, stair tool upl cleaning ;

you know, Girls, there is a thing on a TM called a pressure regulator or unloader valve.
You know you're allowed to turn that down, right :lol:

they make little teflon devises that fit over the wand lips too

oh, and every fabric isn't a "special care" fabric

having said all that, I couldn't blow all that out in that amount of time using a floor wand :lol:

George probably had two tools running

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Nelson said:
So how much do you charge for a job like that and was the customer there?

i wouldn't do this in res if folks are home.
We make short work of straight seat and back church pews with a glided AW29 wand though.
Turn down the pressure to 200 ...it does a fantastic job in record time on the flats.
Finish the front and very top round overs with upl tool and wipe the wood as you go

it's golden !!

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I can do as nice a job with a stair tool as some techs do with an upholstery tool. I've been pushing a wand for what, 23+ years now?. :x

You'd be suprised how few people in New Mexico are willing to pay $149 to have a couch thoroughly cleaned. thathurts

So, instead of leaving $$$ on the table or losing a client i offer an economy cleaning for $85. :lol:

I use to hate cleaning upholstery. it's not so bad now.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Re: Wow Robert

Tony Dees said:
Do you have any pics?

Did u do the demo and shovel it out? What was the scene and how did you work it out? Was it all caved in when you got there?

Got ta love it sometimes...

I could probably get the pic's from the WD company I sub for. I didn't take any pic's on this job. I helped shovel up the goo, but my main job was to get the standing water out. The area under the leak was already down when I arrived. Other rooms ceilings started falling as the insulation got heavier. Should have had a hard hat!

S

sam miller

George III said:
Damn i fast! :lol:

I didn't take pics of all the furniture but here's a couple shots.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

Bottom couch with multicolored cushions looks like a red stain kinda looks like a reverse print that bled but I'm sure 23 years experience with a stair tool knows how to color test.

Just like those rug pic You posted a few months back that didnt bleed to bad either. If Your not sure rinse with all fiber rinse.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
sam miller said:
Bottom couch with multicolored cushions looks like a red stain kinda looks like a reverse print that bled but I'm sure 23 years experience with a stair tool knows how to color test.

Just like those rug pic You posted a few months back that didnt bleed to bad either. If Your not sure rinse with all fiber rinse.

In the bottom sofa looks to me the bleeding/ transfer concerns would be from the SMALLER cushions. (The larger one look like bullet proof poly velour) I probably wouldn't of stacked them together like that to avoid transfer bleeding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom