$20,000 for a TruckMount

sdaws4

Considering all factors what is the best machine for me under 20k? I have an interlink less than a mile away with a very knowledgeable tech there for support and maintenance.

TimP

Re: 2ok4aTm

If you aren't looking to get a big machine that's dual wand capable. I'd look into getting something with a 45-48 blower. In the 25+hp range. I like a simple machine like the judsons because of simplicity and the ability to fix them easily with off the shelf parts. I also like powerclean machines because of the ability to pressure wash with heat. Or even a PTO machine if you want even simpler....

It really depends on what you want and are looking for. Everyone has their own opinion of course.

Re: 2ok4aTm

If I had 20K and needed a new TM I'd seriously consider a Judson. I'm running a Powerclean Freedom XT right now, and would give another one some serious consideration also.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Re: 20k4aTM

I've got a used Steamway I'd part with for $6800 w/hoses, reels, wand & tile tools. 45 blower, 23hp engine, kero heat... You could save yourself $13.5K LOL

Chris A

Name
Chris

I love CDS' and a 4.6 w/ Salsa can be had for around 20k. They don't get much simpler.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Shane

If you can handle the normal TM maintenance, I would look for a open-design TM
(all components easily accessible) and service it yourself.

If you can't do the normal TM maintenance, I would go with the local distributor's TM.

Larry

Rex Tyus

Larry, "open design" reminds me of "well formulated" :p

This is Mikey's Board. Speak your mind brother. 8)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would get a prochem everest if it was just the Truckmount that you needed. If you needed all the fixings get an apex. I wouldn't get anything below 30hp you won't be happy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sdaws4 said:
I have an interlink less than a mile away with a very knowledgeable tech there for support and maintenance.

if the mechanic in the garage really is "very knowledgeable" , get him away from the boss and find out which TM they sell is most reliable/best bang, least probs over the live of the unit

BTW, which brands do they sell?

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Also look at Masterblend's El Diablo... Pretty simple machine, awesome heat, well under 20grand.
I use one- that's why I bring that idea to the table.

Zee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
sdaws4 said:
No, I think that he has worked on a ton of them.

Working on a ton of them isn't always a good thing.....

LOL, I was thinking the same thing, Timbo

Zee, hows the heater on that El-D?
I saw one in person for the first time at Pembertonfest last month.
I have that exact heater in my pole barn.
I bought it for the frankinmount I made years ago.

I had a fair amount of issues with the igniters on it.

..L.T.A.

John Watson

I used to love Ramblers (a now a defunked Auto manufacture)

I made nothing but money working on them!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I had put around 1300 hours into two el diablos and not once I had trouble with the heater.
I hope it stays that way....

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
If you were to ask our service guy he'd tell you the 421 as well.

Why?

He never sees them unless they come in for an oil change.

We've sold dozens along with a beta unit and rarely a problem with them.

If you want to go new you won't go wrong with a 421.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know they have been pushing the HM 421 over the 427 because the 421s running around here are virtually problem free. The 427s have had some engine issues though.

Bob Foster

By open design do you mean that the main components are accessible for service and maintenance?

or

Do you mean that it is an open design that had been openly imitated off the undisputed original - the Judson TNT.

There are several lower priced basic slides ins that look like the genuine TNT and the TNT itself can be called a lower priced slide in as well but here is the difference and it should matter if a person is to concerned about issues beyond initial purchase price.

Is the unit made of stainless steel or iron or aluminium?
The Judson difference: it's stainless which doesn't fatigue, crack, or corrode like aluminium and iron have proven themselves to. Also aluminium is very prone to damage from vibration.

What type of drive system does it have?
First of all Judson through their years of experience and testing do not believe that direct drives are in the interests of truck mount slide in owners for several reasons. The first reason is even if the units correctly balanced and coupled leaving the factory, subsequent service most often have been found to not be correctly rebalanced and aligned and that ends up shaking the crap out of the coupling which becomes a premature point of failure and source of annoying vibration.

The Judsons also do not believe in using temporary belts whose appropriate application is for emergency temporary use only. Also the Judson’s do no use cogged belts because they require absolute alignment and tension or else they will prematurely fail. Also cogged belts are harder to source than standard 3V belts found at most automotive stores. The unit can also if needed be retrofitted with 4L automotive belts.

There are more design and component differences but here are a few other differences.

A Judson unit is American made as they can get (the Cat pump is Japanese)

The Judson TNT is proven and well refined design.

Nobody has ever had a bad deal from the Judsons.

Nobody has more experience with building and service diagnosis that the Judson’s.

The Judson’s are quietly doing some major design and prototyping work for future TM releases and not looking over their shoulders to try and imitate some else.

Here is as open as you can get.
good2.jpg

I am very happy with my TNT and I can run as hot as I want on highflow with out loosing any heat. It runs cheap and its easy to work on.

I'm pretty sure you could buy a TNT with a #4 Little Giant and a Greenhorn wand with 2.5 hose on an electric and get change back on 20 grand. What more could you want?

sdaws4

Starting to lean towards 421 or blueline bluewave. I know that many of you like the TNT,any machine that has been in production for over 35 years has earned the respect. I just am not interested in Propane burners. I just don't want to deal with it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one of prochems new legend GT's from john o at superior, for 20k you should also be able to get all the accessories you need as well if you go that route

Bob Foster

Judson has a non-propane heated unit called the Reactor. CU has been running one for almost two years. Give him a call.

resized_reacto2_op_800x598.jpg

sdaws4

Their 15 hours away. I’m sure this is a reliable machine- I’m just looking for something that is sold locally. I feel that there is a lot to be said for local support.

CleanExtreme

I think you can narrow it down to the three brands they carry there. Your right Brian is an very knowlegeable tech, he has worked on my bluelines a few times. I think it would be crazy to buy another brand or from another supplier when you have service like that so close. I have to drive 5 hours when I need work done, but its worth it when he knows how to work on your machine and get you back to work asap.

As for recommendations, although I have blueline, I am not familiar with bluewave and the thermowave is over 20k, but have had great luck with them. We put a lot of hours on and other than routine maintenance, no problems that you dont expect with use. I think he may be steering you toward HM because thats what you currently use and they may have sold a lot in the area that he has worked on, but he does the same thing to me when I ask if another machine is more reliable he never has anything bad to say about any.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sdaws4 said:
Their 15 hours away. I’m sure this is a reliable machine- I’m just looking for something that is sold locally. I feel that there is a lot to be said for local support.

for the most part local support should be as easy as a small engine repair place....

so long as you are "smart" with it, the main components shouldnt go down with out 100s even 1000s of hours...

now go add in a bunch of sensors, and well yeah you better have someone around you pay $65 an hr or what ever their shop rate is...

K.I.S.S

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom