This looks interesting.

Especially for big commercial jobs.

Wonder how well they work?

DSC07898.JPG

sell%20for%20$545%20Steam%20Genie%20retails%20for%20$800.JPG

Spotted it on http://www.realcleaners.com/wands.html

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It is a cheap imitation of the Steam Genie Drag Wand, in an intermediate size (Steam Genie's were 16" and 24").

I wonder if the hose elbow even swivels. Or how well those wheels work, compared to rollers.
You can tell they went real thin on the sheet metal because of the need for a stiffening rib on the front.

16"
2lb2fbn.jpg

24"
anh8bb.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Shawn how good or bad was that white magic 24 inch new style drag wand?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The White Magic wand was pretty decent. They did a good job at a new, clean design.

The only minor criticisms I might make are that they were way too expensive, and that they used sort of a cheap valve, for that price.
I supposed they rationalized the price with the uniqueness of it. At the time Steam Action was making a Steam Genie knockoff for a lot less, but it was also worth a lot less too.

White Magic was pressed to make a good Drag Wand due to their 1200-HV, with 19" of lift, a conventional scrub wand was a "hard push". Yeah, you could use a glide, but at that time glides were really starting to become taboo over all the CD lawsuits just starting up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've still got 3-4 of the Steam Genie wands around here. They work great, young tech's hate them hey say they are awkward and slow.

They are great on moderate soiling or if you use a machine to precondition ahead of it. They lack the agitation that a scrub wand has so that's there only real down fall.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Ford Fairlane said:
I've still got 3-4 of the Steam Genie wands around here. They work great, young tech's hate them hey say they are awkward and slow.

They are great on moderate soiling or if you use a machine to precondition ahead of it. They lack the agitation that a scrub wand has so that's there only real down fall.

Their real value was for top-down flood extraction, before the advent of the Water Claw, but it had the advantage of doing simultaneous cleaning too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We liked them for cleaning Oriental rugs back in the day.

I still have half a dozen of the old Steam Genie scrub wands, 1.5 tube stainless heavy as hell!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The 16" model was the widest we could use, because of floor variation.

Direct glue-down has too much variance in concrete base.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a 24-inch one we used for the Payless headquarters back in the 70's-80's.

But you're right Larry it had to be flat or you're loose the seal.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I used to use the drag wand for several years. I used a 4 jet 12 inch with my portable and an 18 inch 6 jet with the truck mount. (if memory is right) They were a much different shape than the ones pictured in this thread. They had a very low front with the jets angled toward the vac slot. It was nice to be able to get under things.

Check them out on this web page: http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/rochester.htm

Mike Draper

I had the extra large white magic drag wand. biggest POS tool I've purchased for my company. Huge mistake, would never touch one again.

Name
Brad Gouveia
If you have a large open area they are not bad. Just like the zipper. They sell extra weights that can go on them to really get some water out if you use them for water damage.

Drag across room flip the elbow and drag back. One pass cleaning.

lance

I'm guessing Cintas. They want to clean commercial for low prices so they need high production. Use a 15 inch Zipper wand (or two of them) and a new Aerotech.

Seems like a very good combination. The Aero truck at connections looked like it was built with a lot of quality in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom