2012 I will be adding a fuel surcharge.

Becker

Name
Becker
4892.jpg

I'm installing these units.

Clients will be charged for fuel used while onsite based on state avg..

So if while onsite I burn 2.4 gal and the state fuel avg is 3.85 I will add a surcharge if $9.24.

I've always hated standard surcharges, but I think this is fair..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
just my opinion but if i were your customer you would only charge me once and then you would
never ever see or hear from me again..

think about it real hard before you do it..

Becker

Name
Becker
I charge by the sq ft for a reason..

Because I feel it is honest..

Pay for only what I clean..

Well if I have this meter how can they dispute the fuel sur charge?

Seems very honest

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Becker said:
4892.jpg

So if while onsite I burn 2.4 gal and the state fuel avg is 3.85 I will add a surcharge if $9.24.

And where did you get that?

Becker

Name
Becker
vincent said:
Becker said:
4892.jpg

And where did you get that?

http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/index.php

A lot of the better marina dealers sell them.. $500.00

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm with Dave on this one Don. Why not just add a few cents per sq ft. Such as .04.... Clean 1000 sq ft, and make an extra 40 bucks... I know darn well it doesn't normally cost 40 bucks in fuel to clean 1000 sq ft(even with running a propane or kero burner), maybe if you're driving wayyyyy out there for it.

I wouldn't hire anyone that wanted to charge me a fuel charge. But I would understand if I had to pay a little more than last time due to rise in gas prices affecting higher costs across the board. I'm certain the general public have that understanding, we've all felt the squeeze and effects of higher fuel costs.

Mike Draper

why dont you just raise your sq. ft. price to cover your fuel? Its like a baggage fee for the airlines. Everyone hates it and it does nothing positive for the airline.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Re: 2012 I will be adding a fuel surcharge.

Becker said:
Doug Cox said:
Is there a soap and water meter next to that?

I use their water, but if required and I need to pull from my water tank I only charge $10.00
Really?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
steve snail
Judas Becker....You have given some of the best tips here, I'm with the group here though...bad move. Figure what you are going to charge and just add...whatever. People will gladly pay for good service. And if that means you cleaning with a tricked out gas guzzler, so be it.

What might be your normal gross $$$ be for burning 2.4 gallons of fuel?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Re: Re: 2012 I will be adding a fuel surcharge.

joeynbgky said:
Becker said:
Doug Cox said:
Is there a soap and water meter next to that?

I use their water, but if required and I need to pull from my water tank I only charge $10.00
Really?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

cucu said:
Becker this is as good an idea and banging one of your custys......

NO CHIT TO BOTH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

do you like when you go some where expecting "most every thing included in price" and then you see all these "add-ons"??

take phone service...(problem is we all need it :x :x :x ) say uh $49.99 per mth...then your bill is $70???? its like wtf

or sat tv

or or or.....get the idea people hate shit like that....the difference.....you dont have to have carpet cleaning...or you for that matter....people hate nickel and dime

Becker

Name
Becker
Water is not cheap in this area. I cAnt afford to clean everyone's carpets with my own water. Besides that the extra fuel I burn hauling it. And time filling the tank. And extra repairs to service the pump etc.

I think the fuel charge is honest and open. Im suprised most are not doing it. But I might add like $1.00 to the avg fuel cost. Rental car companies do.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Talking to many customers about this issue, I never cease to be amazed at what they get away with on their creative billing methods.

I am of the personal opinion that adding complex "ding-me's" are going to alienate a significant amount of your repeat customers. The effect on new customers will be dependent on your presentation.

But as I said, some guys implement surcharges with surprising ease.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
You live in a very different world than do I.

That would never fly here. I tried the $20 trip charge thing about ten years ago. Nobody could ever remember agreeing to that over the phone. I got in too many heated discussions over that so I took it off.

Becker

Name
Becker
That is why I using the meter. To show usage.

I've already been charging for run time on the tm. I've broken it down to 12.00 per machine hour. Charged by 1/6 hr.

Ive only had one complaint. And that was because I left machine running and had a large call volume on that job. He wanted a refund on 20 mins. I quicky agreed. He was right. Now I wear a stop watch and keep track on phone and personL time during machine run time.

Mike Draper

while your at it you should charge for tire and brake ware and tear. Maybe a small charge for ware and tear on your glide as well. :lol:

Walt

I'm using a calorie counter and then charging them in happy meals when I'm done.

Bob Foster

Every time I hit that windshield wash button.....man, whew.....do they ever pay for it! It's like a 2 bucks a shot. :lol:

Sorry Don. I don't think its a good idea.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was just about to thank you for being brave enough to openly discuss such a bad idea, but then I saw where you were just being a Todd.

Neveermind ...

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
You got me and a bunch of others, well done.

Thing is i know of a few that DO have a fuel surcharge on almost every job and been in business for years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom