290 cat pump replacement parts?

Name
I'm Rick James
Friends got a 290 cat pump with a cracked head (silver part on pump).

Is it best to try and find a replacement part for this pump or buy a new one? I cant seem to find where to buy the part needed.

Thanks

Name
I'm Rick James
Thanks Bob, he is buying a new cat pump from them for around $400 new.. the replacement part was approx $200.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Had same thing happen a few years ago, was cheaper to buy a new pump than labor and parts to rebuild old one.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've got a good used (complete with clutch) 290 sitting on my shelf if anyone wants it. Make me an offer?

PCCN

I rebuilt a couple of them. Not difficult but take your time. Got parts from our local pressure washer repair shop-they had to order but only took couple days.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Probably in my bone pile.

The head is often good on a pump that failed due to low oil, which happens more often than cracked head (usually due to freezing).

Name
I'm Rick James
He said it was pretty easy to buy from them and had good customer service, the pump is coming on friday and I will have it installed for him by the weekend. Thanks again Bob.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Brent said:
Thanks again Bob
You're welcome.

They are easy to rebuild, once you do one.

I am using my original '85 Cat 290 on my slide-in, running dual wands, which has seen over 14,000 hours and 3 rebuilds.

It purrrrs like a new one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom