2nd bounced check

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i had my 2nd bounced check in over 1200 jobs on tuesday.
i called the lady and she got poopy with me..i was going to work with her and tell her to pay 1/2 now and 1/2 after x-mas..but she set the tone and i demanded cash today, she was going to call my bluff till i told her that i would not hesitate to call the law on he even with it being christmas eve..told her that she set the tone and that it could have been worked out much easier..
she handed over all the cash earlier today. i hate doing things like this because i dont want anything negative attached to my company even if i need to eat some shit it is better than having negative publicity but one can only take so much cap from someone that bounces a check..

I had insurance check sent to the customer, usually its 2 party or they send it to me. Anyway he informed me he cant pay till the 27th cuz he had to have dental surgery and used my money...what the heck did he get veeners? Anyway if he dont pay up by then its gonna get ugly...quick..my money for teeth crazy.

C Pennington said:
I had insurance check sent to the customer, usually its 2 party or they send it to me. Anyway he informed me he cant pay till the 27th cuz he had to have dental surgery and used my money...what the heck did he get veeners? Anyway if he dont pay up by then its gonna get ugly...quick..my money for teeth crazy.

3500.00 BTW

G

You did the right thing; It isn't your fault she doesn't know how the balnce her check book.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have this one customer, clean his entire house every 4 months (dogs, kids, etc) and his check bounces EVERY time... I just take his check, then come by 2 days later to get cash and always gives me $100 over his bill amount "For my trouble"... I wouldn't put up with this normally, but he is a REFERRAL MACHINE... and a loyal customer.

Rex Tyus

AshleyMckendree said:
I have this one customer, clean his entire house every 4 months (dogs, kids, etc) and his check bounces EVERY time... I just take his check, then come by 2 days later to get cash and always gives me $100 over his bill amount "For my trouble"... I wouldn't put up with this normally, but he is a REFERRAL MACHINE... and a loyal customer.

Referral machine or not. I WOULD put up with prompt redemtion and a $100 unsolicited service charge every freaking week. I love people like that.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Here's a screenshot from one of my most prized email greeting cards I got this year...

2imbdau.jpg

The Preacher

davegill said:
i had my 2nd bounced check in over 1200 jobs on tuesday.
i called the lady and she got poopy with me..i was going to work with her and tell her to pay 1/2 now and 1/2 after x-mas..but she set the tone and i demanded cash today, she was going to call my bluff till i told her that i would not hesitate to call the law on he even with it being christmas eve..told her that she set the tone and that it could have been worked out much easier..
she handed over all the cash earlier today. i hate doing things like this because i dont want anything negative attached to my company even if i need to eat some poo it is better than having negative publicity but one can only take so much cap from someone that bounces a check..

so did you even get to offer her the 1/2 now half in a week? or did you just toss it out the window??? you know you have the law on your side, and i bet it's not the first check she's bounced, so she knows the law, i'm sure.

i bet her getting poopy had almost nothing to do with you, and maybe alot of stress in her life???

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea she cashed out today.
i was concerned that it was a bad time for her and was going into it with the intention of working with her..she got really shitty really fast and didnt give me the option of working with her. she was going down the "sorry about your luck" road and the what can you do about it path..when i told her what i WOULD do about it is when she still in a shitty way agreed to meet me with cash.
and yes i took my h&k p2000 sub compact for my protection.

Rex Tyus

davegill said:
that is awesome...

it is pretty serious here in fla. if they write the check and it bounces they are in the crap pretty deep.

That is the truth. If memory serves correct $1200 MORE THAN qualifies for a felony. But they can drag it out until the certified letter is sent and 10 days after receipt there of. You did the right thing getting the full amount. Once you take partial payment it is more difficult to prosecute for the balance.

G

This happens to me time to time so I send them a bill and 10 days to pay and if no response
I send them a 2nd bill with 5 days to pay if no response I send them a letter stating Im filing a police report
and than they call me and I say no thanks for the money I have already filed the report
and one day when they get pulled over BAM!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom