30,000 sf encap/bonnet job

OK, I was just asked to quote a 30,000 (13,000+ first two floors, under 4,000 3rd floor) of carpet cleaning of a public library. I have this floor machine... http://www.cleaningstuff.net/cleaningsu ... -Speed.htm

For bonnet cleaning I use this janitorial brand... http://www.nclonline.com/documents/down ... EEN%20PLUS

This is nearly 10x my biggest so far... so I wonder... should I come down from my ridiculously low 15¢ per sf? Is this machine a good choice? This could lead to more similar jobs, this is a public library, and I don't mind investing a little for this sort of job if it comes up more. As for chemicals, I use what is cheap and local. Is there anything wrong with that? I've had good results with NCL Spray Kleen before, is the something that will deliver excellent or even outstanding results that will not break the bank? If it was a school grade, I'd give this stuff a C+ or B-, it does the job, but nothing remarkable.

Thanks.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The rotary floor machine is very good for a rotary machine, an A- compared to other floor machines. But either the Cimex or Brush Pro would give better results and faster production rates for encap cleaning.

As for your choice of encap products, I think you were generous in the grading. In my comparisons, Bridgepoint's Encapuclean line, plus our competitors Vacaway, Scot's, and Releasit would all give better performance.

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
IMHO, using that combination of chemicals and equipment, you'll do a C+ or B- type job. There are lots of cleaners out there that can do a C+ or B- type job for $0.08 sq/ft. Which cleaning niche are you going for? Do you want the job again or is this a one shot deal?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
At 16 oz per gallon you will use a lot of that stuff.

My suggestion is to avoid the expensive ENCAP/SHAMPOOS and go with some powdered "Clean FREE" from interlink.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom