360i clicking

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Mine is doing this to and it's located in the motor and I'm sending out tomorrow to be repaired

Mike Draper

When the original rotovav 360 came out I must have broke around 3 sets of gears. Each time I sent the motor back it was around $350-400ish. I finally said enough and bought a new gear for 40 bucks from them. Took the gear case apart and put it back together. It's really not that hard at all. Took 45 minutes.

Mike Draper

Rotovac just sends out a new refurbished replacement. Then they fix yours or refurbish it and send it out to the next guy with broken gears.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When the original rotovav 360 came out I must have broke around 3 sets of gears. Each time I sent the motor back it was around $350-400ish. I finally said enough and bought a new gear for 40 bucks from them. Took the gear case apart and put it back together. It's really not that hard at all. Took 45 minutes.
$40.00 and time is not a bad repair but damn $350.00-$400.00 that's tough to swallow.

Not Rotovac's fault, they didn't damage the gears but ouch!!! I need to remind the guys about vent covers.

Mike Draper

I think there are 3 gears if I remember correctly. If u are going to attempt to fix your self take it apart first and see what is broken.

tcampbell1215

Probably order a new one anyway and ill fix the other one anything else that usually breaks on these machines

John Olson

Name
John Olson
its the top hat gear. They are part number B-2314H and are $45 plus shipping. We have them in stock and it's a common problem when you hit floor registers. How do you fix that problem ? Don't hit floor registers :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
Bad design if it doesn't have a shear pin.

That's why any well designed machine protects expensive delicate parts with easily replaced inexpensive parts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bad design if it doesn't have a shear pin.

That's why any well designed machine protects expensive delicate parts with easily replaced inexpensive parts.
I agree but even if it sheered, you would probably still damage the register. I stay a few inches away from them along with transitions, especially marble and stone ones.

Reactions: GCCLee

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hoss with rounded teflon glides :)

Or just wand around the edges and obstacles, and use it on the open area like the rest of us do

tcampbell1215

Well hear was the problem
620fd919c19f4c0bca7a3d1f6584550c.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom