360i felt ring

when do you know when to change these felt rings.I the clean the 360i after each use,once a week spray the ring with the silicon teflon and only bring out the 360i once or twice a week to clean with.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pay attention to the carpets..and you will know when to change it...if I used it as much as you then I would probably change it once a week..if I used it a lot then probably twice a week...

I have a small bowl with a lid that I soak the felt rings in oil.....they will keep loner that way and not ware out so fast....

Mike Draper

Really Jim?..........I have had mine on for 9 months at least. Still looks great so I see no need to replace it. Take it from me, I've put well over a thousand hours on mine. If you really have to replace it more than that, you are using the wrong type of lubricant. BTW, I take the head off my machine almost daily to clean it, maybe other folks don't do that as much and that is why shit was building up and wearing out the 0 ring? Tthey shouldn't wear out easily.

F

FB7777

sounds like Martin is getting a steep discount on the HOSS if he bashes the competition :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I get nothing from no one...and I have been warning everyone about the 360i way before the hoss.........

just keep switching them around soak them in oil....and they will last a long time..it is a old RX20 trick and those seals lasted me about 7 years....

I would always soak my rings in oil. Problem is after 20 min of cleaning there is not a drop of oil in the ring. It gets sucked out pretty fast. So what is the point in the first place?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i use vaseline seems to last ok. when they are wore out they leave water behind because of the loss of vacuum.

gene

Back
Top Bottom