385k with one truck..

Mikey P

Administrator
Either Howard's managers were feeding this guy all the tile and two story carpet jobs all year AND he is including the rugs he brought in for BaDgEring or he is over charging or lying.

Howards numbers considering how many truck he ran were never that impressive to me.
Certainly not in a Hagopian sort of way.

Houston is one thing, Shitroit is another. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Ken would tell us the whole truth on how his $99 a house company got $350 plus out of one truck.
I'm sure Howard would.. :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It is very doable... :shock:

5 jobs a day...
5 days a week...
For 50 weeks...

If you maintain a @250.00 job average X 1250 jobs = $312,000.00 "Residential Only"

Now ..kick-in..a couple of Commercial accounts...& A few Water Damages....YOU ARE THERE..!

C

cory kenyon

Let reality set in Howard. In the real world customers cancel, forget, want less then expected, address hard to find...taking up more time, problems with the van and truckmount, maintence on the tm and van, tech calling in sick, road construction, bad weather, etc, etc.
I call bullshit!

Mikey P

Administrator
HARPER said:

5 jobs a day...
5 days a week...
For 50 weeks...

If you maintain a @250.00 job average X 1250 jobs = $312,000.00 "Residential Only"

Now ..kick-in..a couple of Commercial accounts...& A few Water Damages....YOU ARE THERE..!

all it takes are a couple of estimates, some no shows and few return calls and no way will you get close to that 85.

Ryan

Mikey P said:
HARPER said:

5 jobs a day...
5 days a week...
For 50 weeks...

all it takes are a couple of estimates, some no shows and few return calls and no way will you get close to that 85.

It says per van though not per tech. What if they have one crew doing residentual during the day and another crew doing commerical on nights and weekends. You could easily do 200k for each shift if you had enough work.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lots of varibles to consider here....

DEFINE 1 TRUCK...We run 3 techs & 2 TM in "ONE" Box Truck.....

Do you do wood floors...
Do you do Tile & Grout...
Do you clean Area Rugs...
Do you clean Fine Fabric's...
Do you do Water & Fire Restoration...
Do you do LARGE commercial contracts...

JHC....$385 K.....is NOT a lot work ! ...."If you are cleaning @ $1.00sft..!"
"If you are cleaning @ $25.00 a room..or...@ .20 cents a sf... :roll: "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE"

No what is impossible is finding enough customers that will pay .30 cents a foot without spending insane amounts of money to get the work. Now if you have been in the business 20 years then I can see it happening. My goal is to stack as much money as possible not brag about a large gross. My math has me realistically doing 250k with one helper, phone support, and a second truck as backup. That should net me over 150-175k per year depending on fuel costs etc. I know how to invest. I can retire in 5 years a multi millionare. Guess what? I will do those numbers real soon or I am getting out of this business. Actually I don't even think it will be that hard.

Mikeys right. I need to get to work. It's just easy to want to work hard a bit then relax especially when you have a nice pile of cash and everything is paid for.

Harper you are right though. Everyday I see the importance of raising my prices. Thats just more profit. It never hurts to ask for more.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan...
I am NOT suggesting what people should CHARGE...You can only CHARGE what
your market will bare..! Your numbers are very realistic...After ALL expenses are
paid..You should be "NETTING" around 30% to 35% as your PROFIT...."75K." 8)

As I stated before.."Lots of Variables"...remember we are in FLORIDA...The weather
allows us to work year round... :!:

ps..Watch your HOUR meter on your unit.!!!! Your Everst should be producing at least
$200.00 per hour..!!! So...you need that unit to run 1000 hrs. a year to generate $200K..!

Ryan

HARPER said:
Dan...
your market will bare..! Your numbers are very realistic...After ALL expenses are

As I stated before.."Lots of Variables"...remember we are in FLORIDA...The weather

Harper are you including Dan paying himself a salary with those numbers?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:
HARPER said:
Dan...

Harper are you including Dan paying himself a salary with those numbers?

TOTAL NET to "Dan"..after taxes ect.... :!:
The number doesn't CHANGE for the O/O....You MUST Net 30% of every dollar to
stay in the BiZ... :!: :!:

I net a hell of a lot more than 30 percent before income tax, but I aint grossing 250k either yet. I defer as much tax as I can through a SEP IRA and Roth IRA. I also take 179 deductions on large equipment purchases. I answer my phone, do all of the work, spend very little on advertising, and get a good amount of referrals.

I agree the market sets the price, but you can always be better and higher than the average. I could honestly charge 45 to 50 cents a foot. I know I can get those customers, but dealing with them is another issue. My plan is 15 residential jobs at 200 average, 10 rugs a week at 150 average, and a few commercial jobs. Bam and I still have 3 weeks vacation with Sundays off for the most part if I can schedule the 3-4 commercial jobs during the week. That scenario with modest living and smart investing will make me very rich in less than a decade.

Adding more tile and hard surface work to the mix is just going to mean a higher job average. My average has been flirting with the 300 mark for a while but I need to get my gross up. I just got a new roomie and have been having fun. No harm in that right?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I can finally understand Harper's posts now that he is keeping his emoticons down to 3 or less.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

The above are our top 8 crews (not vans) for 2009. 2 person crews for the most part though some moderate size commercial jobs are done solo. The next 7 were all North of $250k.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:

The above are our top 8 crews (not vans) for 2009. 2 person crews for the most part though some moderate size commercial jobs are done solo. The next 7 were all North of $250k.

Thanks Ken,

For some hard numbers..When we ran our Butler's they produced between 180K to 220K..!
Our pricing is higher than yours.."So your crews were busting their Butt's"... 8)

What is the ADVERAGE hours you put on your Butler"s a year on your 250K units..?
"I will guess between 1500 to 1800.."... :idea:

ps. While I AGREE that there is no BETTER system for a "Multi-Truck" operation.!!!!
Do you have ANY slide-In's....for commercial work..? "Just to increase production on
LARGE commercial work & Water Damage ?" "Dual Wand units".. :?:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
So how much you bringin home Kenneth?

I would DOUBT that Kenneth is willing to disclose that PERSONAL info... :roll:

I would "assume"....Ken is drawing a salary around $250K...+...lots of PERK'S
including Company car,Insurance,profit sharing, expense accnt....ect...!!!!
That package could ADD another 100K..to his "bottom-line".... 8)

"Just a Guess"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
I didn't expect an answer...it was just in reference to what was said earlier in the post.

I KNOW that ...mArY... :roll:

I am sure your gOaL is to do ...."HALF"....as well..... :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken, what percentage of jobs are left "un upsold"?

2 :shock: would be my guess looking at those numbers.

or your twomancrews can bust out 16 jobs a day. :!:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Couple of things to consider:

-Multiple trucks, more routing efficiency, less drive time.

-Nobody said those numbers are accomplished in an eight-hour day or a forty-hour week by one employee.

K

Kabluey

When I worked at Stanley Steemer their bench mark was $250,000 per truck.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The Great Oz said:
Couple of things to consider:

-Multiple trucks, more routing efficiency, less drive time.

-Nobody said those numbers are accomplished in an eight-hour day or a forty-hour week by one employee.

Exactly!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
So how much you bringin home Kenneth?

I would DOUBT that Kenneth is willing to disclose that PERSONAL info... :roll:

"Just a Guess"

Waay off- remember I have a retail business with 4 showrooms losing a huge chunk of money. Myself and my partner have always taken modest salaries.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Prick shiteatinggrin

Chris A

Name
Chris
HARPER said:

That'd be a hell of a lot of leather jacket money! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom