4" of water clean. Help on pricing

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
I'm on my way to 2 flooded basements. These are managed by a property management company that we do a lot of work for. So far I have been told the basements are unfinished, and have 4" of water on the concrete. I have also been informed that the water did come from the sewer but is clear water. So I am treating this as sewage. How do I price something like this?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I woudn't use any air movers. If it is contaminated with sewage you will blow that contamination through out the rest of the house. Better to rent some dehumidifiers (prefer the large phoenix) if there is drywall, cut out the wet portion of it and dispose. Benefect is a good product for this type of job. I usually charge 250 for the initial service and 100 per hour after that plus supplies and equipment.

Reactions: CanadianRuss

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So AL clear sewage water isn't clean. :winky:

A little fecal stew anyone? :biggrin:

Seriously AL is right. $100.00 might be ok for carpet cleaning but you do have exposure here to bugs even if you can't see them. PLUS you have liability of correctly handling the situation and leaving it back to a safe environment. You deserve to make more for those reasons alone.

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
Thank for the tips.
Here is what I found upon arrival. Turns out one of the units has hoarders. The other is pretty well empty. Because everything is contaminated I am having a bin dropped for disposal. I am charging around $2200. Should be about a day and half work with 2 Techs

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I woudn't use any air movers. If it is contaminated with sewage you will blow that contamination through out the rest of the house. Better to rent some dehumidifiers (prefer the large phoenix) if there is drywall, cut out the wet portion of it and dispose. Benefect is a good product for this type of job. I usually charge 250 for the initial service and 100 per hour after that plus supplies and equipment.
Thank for the tips.
Here is what I found upon arrival. Turns out one of the units has hoarders. The other is pretty well empty. Because everything is contaminated I am having a bin dropped for disposal. I am charging around $2200. Should be about a day and half work with 2 Techs

View attachment 11706 View attachment 11704 View attachment 11703 View attachment 11702
WOW! Wish I had seen this sooner. You did that for almost nothing. Bio-wash was correct after disposal, but requires fans and Dehus and we always place an airscrubber regardless..... Once you factor, PPE, bags, dumpster, etc, content manipulation... That is easily a $4k-$5k job just using xactimate pricing.....

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
WOW! Wish I had seen this sooner. You did that for almost nothing. Bio-wash was correct after disposal, but requires fans and Dehus and we always place an airscrubber regardless..... Once you factor, PPE, bags, dumpster, etc, content manipulation... That is easily a $4k-$5k job just using xactimate pricing.....

Thanks Greg. This was a hard situation. The property management company did not want to pay much more then what I quoted. Normally from what I heard they would have just sent over one there employees at 11/h to clean up. Which is no where near the quality or the proper method in this case. I think this is a situation where I'm going to have to educate on what needs to happen for proper remediation to take place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom