45 blower handle 1.5 tube 16 in wand??

Name
BradFenstermaker
I run a TNT and would like to get. PMF 703 with 16 inch head 1.5 tube.

Will my 45 handle it with a glide?? 95% of jobs are 150ft runs

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Going to 2" to my wand was one of the simplest and most effective changes I have made this year. Better dry times and superior cleaning. I went from a really standard 1.5" tube wand with a 12"head (used this for a long time) to a 2" tube with a 14" head (Westpak) wand with Greenglide. I would think if you really do go to a 16" head, you would want it to be a 2" tube. I got used to the extra bulk of a 2" hose pretty quick.

The Clean Machine

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks Russ, I have used TI wand in the past for several yrs. My back and lazy Arse went back to my PMF 802 12 inch 1.5 wand.

Have a lot of stuff the 16 would speed up production. The most I would do is run 2 inch to the 1.5 tube, but cant find a good reducer.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Drop the 1.5 and go 2" just get a reducer and make an adapter incase ya need to use any 1.5 tooling. You will!

Yes your 45 will handle that wand. Is your pump going to keep up with the increased flow rate?

I would think that you could dual w a 45 if necessary : )

One thing you'll want to watch is your chem flow if ya switch back and forth from a scratch to a high flow wand. Your meter may read different so watch it.

Chris in Tn

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know Ruff Hewn likes it and we usually agree on a lot of things but I can't see it. :confused: That's a dork wand, best for some limp wristed lispy speaking Neebrasscan. :p

Looks like too much potential for heat loss. It doesn't make sense to want a hot TM then waste the heat with an old skool designed wand???? Sure its light weight but is weight really an issue. Shouldn't the head remain sealed to the carpet?

Whuts up with the awkward manifold too?

24661357-7c62-41c6-867d-2f074201e325_zps6f11ec12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
That CMP looks A LOT like my Westpak. I really like my wand. 14" doesn't seem like much on paper but in the field, it makes a HUGE difference. Get a Devastator in line filter too if you don't already have one. The combo of going to my 2" tubed wand with hybrid Greenglide, and Devastator in line filter have really reduced dry time while increasing cleaning performance. I clean a fair amount of apartments right now and it affords me the ability to skip a dry stroke in many cases. I spend a lot more time on resi because that's where the $ is but the changes I made last year have helped me be more efficient. Looks like a pretty good price on that CMP Larry has.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
ne6ahage.jpg

Rawwr : )

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know Ruff Hewn likes it and we usually agree on a lot of things but I can't see it.

the Benttree wand??
(I named it that when i first saw the brass spaghetti tree manifold mine came with)

anyway, it's good cleaning LOW pressure wand ..anything above 300-350psi and it's a jet streaking, splash/spraying alloverthedamnplace wand ...and that's WITH the "new improved" replacement manifold too
I sold mine

I think it's Lee that like it

If I didn't have a Ti wand, I'd go back to the cheap 'ole AW29 and do just like I did before the Ti
2" hose to wand, one set up with 06 jetting and the other set up w/04...and adjust psi as needed (275-400psi max)
and live happily ever after....:winky:

heat's not a problem, I run fuel fired , not those warm wawdder Butt'lerz :icon_razz:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Buttler lol, lemme shoot ya w the whip line big guy. I'll aim fur the buttox : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
the Benttree wand??
(I named it that when i first saw the brass spaghetti tree manifold mine came with)

anyway, it's good cleaning LOW pressure wand ..anything above 300-350psi and it's a jet streaking, splash/spraying alloverthedamnplace wand ...and that's WITH the "new improved" replacement manifold too
I sold mine

I think it's Lee that like it

If I didn't have a Ti wand, I'd go back to the cheap 'ole AW29 and do just like I did before the Ti
2" hose to wand, one set up with 06 jetting and the other set up w/04...and adjust psi as needed (275-400psi max)
and live happily ever after....:winky:

heat's not a problem, I run fuel fired , not those warm wawdder Butt'lerz :icon_razz:

..L.T.A.
Gotcha. So now it's just encrap we differ on. :winky:

Chris A

Name
Chris
My main van is down right now so I have been cleaning with my back up boxxer for the last two days. Usually I run a Ti wand but this truck has an AW-29 in it and I didn't feel like switching it around. I have to say its not a bad wand at all for residential cleaning, without a glide. I wouldn't want to do much comm with it cuz its so damn small but its very nimble and maneuverable with a short 4' whip, unlike the Ti wand with 2" all the way.

Name
I'm Rick James
I know Ruff Hewn likes it and we usually agree on a lot of things but I can't see it. :confused: That's a dork wand, best for some limp wristed lispy speaking Neebrasscan. :p

Looks like too much potential for heat loss. It doesn't make sense to want a hot TM then waste the heat with an old skool designed wand???? Sure its light weight but is weight really an issue. Shouldn't the head remain sealed to the carpet?

Whuts up with the awkward manifold too?

24661357-7c62-41c6-867d-2f074201e325_zps6f11ec12.jpg

How much heat loss do you think is going to happen with that gap.. 1-2 degrees? I agree the jet manifold is a BAD design and so is the swivel, I already had to have mytee replace my head and manifold after 6 months of use. But damn there is nothing like a swivel wand.. and yes when you are swinging the wand all day the weight does matter. I get killer dry times with the bentley.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
How much heat loss do you think is going to happen with that gap.. 1-2 degrees? I

WAY more than you'd ever guess, Brent

most never get anything close to 150 degrees to hit the fiber

There's a HUGE drop in temps from jet to fiber.
40-60 degrees in a couple inches ..fo-reel
(the hotter you start with, the more dramatic the temp drop)

get a digital meat thermometer and see for yourself

you'll be shocked ...just as I was

..L.T.A.

Last edited:
Name
I'm Rick James
Wow, learn something new all the time.. I had no idea it water can lose that much heat being exposed to the environment for a fraction of a second.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's why a lot of the wands keep the jets closer to the carpet. Although too close will cause corn rows that can be hard if not impossible to remove. :eekk:

Its a balance but why waste all your heat if you don't need to?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Corn rows is what our brothas in Jamaica do to their hair, jus saying

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had no idea it water can lose that much heat being exposed to the environment for a fraction of a second.

tHe stream being atomized is what causes the dramatic drop.
the drop wouldn't be near as much if a solid stream.

there's also a lot of other variables too...jet flow size, temp ATW (240 ATW will have a more dramatic temp drop than 120 ATW)

digi thermometers are cheap ..$5-6(?) bukz at Harbor Freight
Cheap enough that everyone could find out what "their" wand/TM combo is putting on the fiber

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thanks Russ, I have used TI wand in the past for several yrs. My back and lazy Arse went back to my PMF 802 12 inch 1.5 wand.

Have a lot of stuff the 16 would speed up production. The most I would do is run 2 inch to the 1.5 tube, but cant find a good reducer.

Use a 1 1/2 in hose cuff put it on the wand and the 2inch hose cuff right over the cuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
BradFenstermaker
Well appreciate the replies.

I know the benefits of 2 in but want to keep 1.5 wand.

Remember a thread with talk of good reducer cuff for tile tool. Can't find it.

No one runs a 16 inch wand??

Maybe westpac and cmp have 14 with 1.5 tube

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don't use a meat thermometer but if my machine is running 240 and my temp ATW is 190 the 1 inch it travels to the carpet should be 10 to 15 degrees loss.

I know when I was diesel fired I could split seams, and my machine now will melt wax easy. I wouldn't touch the carpet after flooding the carpet with my wand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I run 2 TNT's both with little giants (and 1 back up 360k btu diesel heater).

Both have the Dev 4 to the door design, 1 is the large stainless Dev, the other is JB's stainless.

1 run JB's Chinacrap wand (which I am dead tired of fixing, do not buy), and the other the Rotovac 360i w/ 2 inch hose from filters to wands.

My buddy dual wands w/ his AT using 2 bentleys, but after all these comments about the bentleys (which I was considering for the weight and swivel), I'm leaning towards the Zipper to replace JB's POS Chinese wand.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I don't use a meat thermometer but if my machine is running 240 and my temp ATW is 190 the 1 inch it travels to the carpet should be 10 to 15 degrees loss.

I agree that temp loss will be less than 40 to 60 mentioned above.

With high flow, there will be less cooling from the airstream.

Another photo of the Bentley with 4 jets positioned to hit 3/8" from the head for quick drying:

View attachment 3604

We can put the jets where the customer wants them . . .

unlike other wands.

Larry

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for under ten bukz you mookes can find out for yourself instead of GUESSING

lay it on the carpet and key the wand for a minute
if you're at 240 ATW, ( about 260 ATM) your spray ATF will be 180 or so

this ain't rocket science, Kids ..it's kindie-garden stuff

..L.T.A.