6 inch upholstery tool from xact tool

easy1dave

It is a 6 inch with a glide would this be a good tool?Or is 6 inch to big for upholstery.It is on xact tools.

Outnumbered

easy1dave said:
It is a 6 inch with a glide would this be a good tool?Or is 6 inch to big for upholstery.It is on xact tools.

I've been shopping for equipment and came across their website and their stuff on Ebay. The prices are great but I cannot find any info on any of the boards about their stuff. I would like to hear if anyone has their stuff and can give any feedback. Sorry I couldn't help but hopefully the bump will get you a reply.

Greenie

I'd tell you to buy it, but then you might find it $10 cheaper somewhere else and I'd be the bad guy.

Never mind that, how about: You don't know enough info on a hand tool from an ebay auction to make an informed buying decision, and a tool like this is a very personal choice, so you had better get it in your hands to see for yourself. You want to pull the trigger and check out the valve, you want to make sure the glide fits well, is this tool avail. with a hide-a-hose assembly? That can make a difference.

You are probably better off walking into a local store and trying out a few tools in person.

John Watson

Been cleaning and buying tools for 27 almost 28 years.

Never heard of this company, they might be good , they might be crap,

I have also seen named brand crap before also..

diamond brian

I ordered a 6" internal jet upholstery tool from them Friday. The 6" with the glide is NOT an internal jet (won't fit).

I'll try it out when it gets here and post my opinion of it.

Greenie

I point out the hide-a-hose because I have no use of an uph. tool that isn't using a hide-a-hose design. IN fact I'll go out on a limb and say you are nuts to use a tool that puts a hot QD inches from the fabric or even your skin.

Rex Tyus

IN fact I'll go out on a limb and say you are nuts to use a tool that puts a hot QD inches from the fabric or even your skin.

I agree. The first time I used a typical furniture tool, I thought what idiot cut the solution hose too short.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That tool is made by Samco, in California. I have never used it, nor have I ever gotten feedback on one from a user. Samco is a small manufacturer of inexpensive tools geared for the janitorial and portable market.

Take care,
Lisa

Outnumbered

truckmount girl said:
That tool is made by Samco, in California. I have never used it, nor have I ever gotten feedback on one from a user. Samco is a small manufacturer of inexpensive tools geared for the janitorial and portable market.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks. I don't particularly like the upholstery or detail tool designs. I was more interested in their wands. Does Samco make them too?

Greenie

There are lots of wand Mfgs. I'd consider before lookin' at Samco, read Lisa's post above. Sometimes spending an extra hundred bucks on a tool you will have in your hand 4-8 hours a day is just good return on investment.

Outnumbered

Greenie said:
There are lots of wand Mfgs. I'd consider before lookin' at Samco, read Lisa's post above. Sometimes spending an extra hundred bucks on a tool you will have in your hand 4-8 hours a day is just good return on investment.

Thanks for the tip/help. What is the best bang for the buck under $500? I'm 6'1" and will be starting on residential with a truck mount.

I just don't want to spend $1,000 on a wand and learn that it is too short/long/heavy/etc. I figure I would learn what I want to have on a cheaper starter wand and then step up once I know what I want.

FastEddie

I just got the 6" uph tool with glide off Ebay for $50- couldn't beat the price.

It is junk. The construction and welds are laughable. It looks like a drunk made it. What's even funnier is the hilarious spray pattern from the flood jet. It oversprays about 6" on eachside. What a Joke.

Save your money!....................I will re-jet it and make mine work correctly though.

Outnumbered

FastEddie said:
I just got the 6" uph tool with glide off Ebay for $50- couldn't beat the price.

It is junk. The construction and welds are laughable. It looks like a drunk made it. What's even funnier is the hilarious spray pattern from the flood jet. It oversprays about 6" on eachside. What a Joke.

Save your money!....................I will re-jet it and make mine work correctly though.

The guy I bought my SW from had a new $30k Blueline and the wand that came with it was a 4-jet and all the jet patterns were a mess. So, this can happen with high end tools too. My guess would be debris in the jets from the manufacturer.

But, thanks for the feedback. Let us know how the rebuild goes. :D

Greenie

Outnumbered said:
FastEddie said:

The guy I bought my SW from had a new $30k Blueline and the wand that came with it was a 4-jet and all the jet patterns were a mess. So, this can happen with high end tools too. My guess would be debris in the jets from the manufacturer.

But, thanks for the feedback. Let us know how the rebuild goes. :D

Only problem with that Blueline wand was the tiny jets, if he doubled the flow rate ie: went from an 01 to an 02, I'll bet that wand cleaned just fine.
I'll also wager he didn't have an inline filter up at the wand valve either, no wand should be without one.
Many times the devil is in the details.

Did you say you have a SteamWay wand?

Greenie

I don't answer Jimmy's jabs. doing the same thing wrong for many years is not experience, it's just practicing a bad habit. Also I stop listening to guys who run 1.5" wands with #5 blowers.

KBRENNY

Junk, total junk. Glide does not fit properly, spray pattern is so far past the glide it is ridiculous. I talked to Greenie the day I first tried it and I am surprised he did not mention one of his customers giving such a negative review as I did. I am going to mail it to Greenie because it is useless to me, maybe an expensive paper weigh but that's it.

R

R W

Let's see.....one hand for the trigger, one hand for the handle......who's gonna hold the cushions?? Look's like a tool more inline for steps.....or fabric office panels.

Greenie

Kevin, I can only point the horse, I can't make them drink.

Personally I wouldn't buy a tool sight unseen on ebay, it's pretty much a long shot, but I think guys have more time than money and roll the dice.

In general I'll try and show a guy what I can to help him get the best tool for him as the final decision is personal, but the basics will always be the same, and sometimes you just have to use common sense.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy,

When we cleaned, Jeff was my upholstery bitch...hehehe!

He has put a lot of hours intimately engaged with upholstery tools.

He preferred the Hydrokinetic or Kleen-Rite, I liked the PMF internal jet, neither of us liked the Drimaster, or assorted other tools we had or used. We both also did quite a bit of commercial upholstery with the Xerion system.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Hey Babe, you forgot my favorite, the CFR, best non glided tool for getting stuff clean and dry, but i kinda like the Prochem tool with a glide, wish I had discovered it earlier. Waldo has my Kleenrite tool these days, same original glide still makin' money.

Lisa reminded me, tag teaming uph. is the way to go, adding a second tool and tech is the only way to clean a whole room of uph. plus the TM likes it better too, you pump each other with fresh hot water, it just works well, single wanding uph. sucks, actually single technician cleaning sucks.

Marty you are right thou, Lisa was a wand hog, I did the selling and chatting more while prespraying and such....imagine that me sell?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom