6 month old vortex worth

-JB-

Name
JB
Had to be a pretty bad accident to total a 80K unit, I'd say he's lucky, and I bet he knows it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
donno what it's worth, but if Ins totaled it and paid out, the truck belongs to his ins Co now and they'll sell it to a salvage outfit

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ODIN said:
I am sorry for the guy this seems to have put him out of business

T

I donno if it put him out of biz.
He just said he wasn't going to get back into it for reasons he didn't want to get into.
My guess is he got a reality check after being snowed by Wizzy and Yorky on how he was going to be rich by buying a V and Wizzy package.

after a few months of cleaning Golden Corrals and Country Buffets, labor problems, and getting the cops called because of NOISE , the "glitter" they sold him, didn't turn out to be gold and reality set in.

least that's my "guess"

but what do I know
I'm not always right
I just think I am.....

..L.T.A.

The Wizard

Hey Mr. Love To All Guy:

Why you talk with your mouth full of crap all of the time?

Your final saying in all your post should S.O.Y.A. - Shit On You All, not Love To All.

Just to set the record straight, I told Billy not to worry one bit about paying me any monies owed to me.

The Wizard.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sounds like some little weasel ratted you out ODIN because wizzy sure beat his ass over here to respond!

I am sure glad there are a few honest guys here who aren't afraid to speak their mind.

Its refreshing to not listen to all the distributor addicted morons who can't see the real truth.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
it seems like he was new to the business maybe pushing a wand wasn't for him?

too bad his truck was nice.

G

I think it is sad. This is the one that Shawn told to cash in his retirement for the truck. It's tough for any company to start with one of these trucks especially if they don't have the capitol and have never cleaned carpet before.

You can't blame Wizard because you don't know if he did what he was told. When I started in this business I did a lot of restaurants cheap and it's tough to get ahead that way. I don't know if he did them cheap though. I think that was a stand up thing for Ian not to charge him anymore fees.

I hope everything goes well for him. I know what it is like to close a business and he must be going through many emotions now and I'm sure it is a tough time for him now. He will get through it.

Dave

Greg Loe

It also should be a reality check about the what if I get hurt on the job for all us owner operators.

I've got it only partly covered. I'd have to go bankrupt then I'd be OK in the Alabama back woods in my trailer/mobile home, I mean modular home made of recycled beer cans.

Where will you be if you break something or suffer any major physical injury?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I feel bad for any guy that gets into a wreck and loses his truck.

I would be the first to say that starting out with a cheap slide in or used machine is easier and a better way to go.

The Wizard

Billy is a great guy. He will recover and get back on his feet again. A most unfortunate accident for sure, but glad to say he is still with us.

As for you Larry, Shit On You All, Guy, May I suggest you purchase this book, and really read it. You need it !!!

howtowin.jpg

The Wizard.

danpauselius

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger ...

This guy will be like the incredible hulk in a few months

Tile Nerd

Wizard, that's a great book and full of a lot of truth. Thanks for reminding me about it. I need to put it's concepts back into practice in my personal/business life again.

Funny how we subconscienciously get away from great techniques like that.

Thanks again!

The Wizard said:
Billy is a great guy. He will recover and get back on his feet again. A most unfortunate accident for sure, but glad to say he is still with us.

As for the Shit On You All Guy, May I suggest you purchase this book, and really read it. You need it !!!

howtowin.jpg

The Wizard.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
That's sad about the wreck. I'm glad the guy is going to be ok. Lesson to newbies, don't listen to sales people and sure as hell don't cash in a retirement plan to buy a overpriced TM.

Name
Ron lippold
wow that is a great book..

By the way I heard he pulled out in front of a BIGGER truck and they had to cut him out. They said if there was a helper he would have been toast

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's a shame.
Hope he makes a speedy and full recovery FIRST
(and hope the other guy is OK )

then i hope he was well insured to cover the lose and the sure law suit if it was his fault

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Hey Mr. Love To All Guy:

Why you talk with your mouth full of crap all of the time?

Your final saying in all your post should S.O.Y.A. - Shit On You All, not Love To All.

Just to set the record straight, I told Billy not to worry one bit about paying me any monies owed to me.

The Wizard.

First I will say I am glad Billy is still with us. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Second to Wiz, I don't always agree with Larry (usually , but not always) but I have generally found his post to be sincere and sound in advice and judgment. I know absolutely nothing about your deal with Billy but it sounds to me as if Larry struck a nerve.

Third I have a book recommendation as well "Beware The Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt" By Harvey Mckay or " How To Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive" by the same author.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
whenever I used to drive an NPR I felt like I was driving a beer can, I don't know how these trucks rate for safety but I can guarantee it can't be very good, I once heard of a guy with a mitsubishi who hit a telephone pole going 28mph and the pole went to the back of the cab and killed the driver.

the big problem with the vortex as I have always pointed out is, what if this truck was 5 years old and UD quit makeing trucks all together or updated models, who is going to fit the old model into the new truck, what if the new truck has complicated electronics like we saw with the bering trucks, which are throttle by wire and are tapped into the cruise control and programed by some guy who now lives in italy?? who can't be found. god forbid if this guy had crashed an older vortex that orginally came installed in a bering truck, he would be left with a lump or parts, hopefully some of this in the future will be helped out buy having blueline in the mix, I don't care what anyone says before blueline came along in such a situation you would be f---ed. vortex fans tend to ignore all these potential problems because after all they cashed in their retirement and who wants to admit they screwed up

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Glad Billy is ok. When I saw pics of him. Did not look like a wand pusher. As for commercial carpet cleaning. The Vortex/Aerotech users in our town are the cheapest. Sounds like Billy had too many people in his pocket.

Golden Boy

Mikey P

Administrator
Should be titled "How to blow smoke up people's asses" is more like it.

I was sorry to hear about Billy but I suspect there is more to the story.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Steve Lillard said:
He could have bought 2 Butlers units and still have one for a back up! :)

IF he pulled out in front of something already bigger then the UD he was driving and they had to cut him out of the cab..........................

I don't think that he would be alive to drive the other one if he was in a van.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom