6008 Tuthill...On an Everest HP??

Jimbo

Yeah, I know it is a bit cluttered...shelving is going in soon!

So I have a fresh rebuild 6008 hanging out in the shop...

DSCN0091.jpg

and I am intrigued by putting on the PC Everest HP...Nissan engine...

DSCN0088.jpg

I know there are some logistic issues...like offsetting the waste tank to the rear of the van to allow for the increased size of the blower...selecting proper sheave sizes and bushings...new belts...mounting the feet of the blower.....changing the size of the waste tank inlet...Changing the size of the silencer inlet...and adjusting the size of the outlet on the heat exchanger box...

I'm sure I am missing a few things...I would like to hear your suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Oh...for the folks that say don't do it...it cannot be done...too much work...blah blah blah...all I can say is look around the shop...

DSCN0090.jpg

Scott Rogers

Sounds like a awesome project. Please, keep this post update each step along the way .

Is this going to be your primary machine?

Do you have another machine to use while doing the build and working out any kinks?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
BUILDING MACHINES IS FUN :!: DO IT Iseeru DO IT somewhat amus DO IT !gotcha! DO IT !dork! DO IT shiteatinggrin DO IT Ivebeensold DO IT 8) DO IT :lol: DO IT :p DOIT :oops: DO IT :twisted: DO IT :twisted: DO IT :| DO IT :mrgreen:

Jimbo

Primary machine...so I'd have to plan to get all the machinist/welding work done at one time.

Jay...I always love your attitude...let me know when you want to move to Reno/Tahoe and work for me...

Jim is your EVEREST EFI?

Mine got a little water in the blower and I had to reset the computer.

They are very sensitive to changes.

The machine has plenty of suck.

I would like to see how this works.

Still most cleaners do not have an expensive blower like that laying around.

What is wrong with the machine the way it is?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
what kinna clutch system you gonna use on that bad boy........

(brevik on Bawbs computer)

Jimbo

[quote="

What is wrong with the machine the way it is?[/quote]

Not enough vacuum...I had the good pleasure of owning a VORTEX for a while...Not too many machines have that kind of suction...

Geez. That blower in the photo with the cars puts its size into perspective.

The real question is will that van carry that joker? :shock:

That is a big blower.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
One of my neighbors had a 1200 sq ft garage like that with 4 vettes in it. The house itself was 1800 sq ft. He sold it to a guy with 3 hot rods and a black 1962 Impala SS,409 with dual quads, yeah baby, giddy up 409 :!: 8)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I don't think the waste tank will take it and collapse.

Jimbo

Jay D said:
One of my neighbors had a 1200 sq ft garage like that with 4 vettes in it. The house itself was 1800 sq ft. He sold it to a guy with 3 hot rods and a black 1962 Impala SS,409 with dual quads, yeah baby, giddy up 409 :!: 8)

Here, our garage is bigger than the house by 132 sq feet...easier to heat, too, Jay. I would like a Corvette to put in there, but it has to wait awhile! ( After I 'retire')

Jerry

Supportive Member
Is that a 68 Dart in the corner (black)? Sweet garage!

Jimbo

66 Barracuda GT, Jerry...original 4 speed car from Montana...came with a hi-po 273...now it suffers from a cop car 360...It scoots on the highway...2100 rpm is about 68 mph.

Hey Adam...It is spinning a 4008 now at 3000 rpm engine speed...I think it can rotate the 6008 at about 1750 rpm...The sheaves are 6" and 9"...so it would be under driven from the engine speed...I'm shooting for 2700 rpm engine speed

Maybe the engineering types can point me in the right direction? (Translate...oh Mr Forsythe...where are you?)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shawn went to take a crap an' the HOGS ate him......
seriously ....whats the clutch system Jim?

Jerry

Supportive Member
Nice Jim....A rare cuda indeed, I bet its fun running that 273 through the gears!

Jimbo

Thanks, FCC...Maybe a few hundred more RPM?

Bob, I am all ears...actually I think it would be running horizontal...!...Air flow coming from the top...and exhausting through the bottom...or is that vertical?...but like I said...I am all ears!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sorry Jim i MEANT horizontal...brain fart!then put yor pump on top of the blower like i do

Mikey P

Administrator
Jimbo said:
Primary machine...so I'd have to plan to get all the machinist/welding work done at one time.

Jay...I always love your attitude...let me know when you want to move to Reno/Tahoe and work for me...

No way, then who will clean my Dad's house.

He loves Jay.

Jimbo

Pump is AOK, Bob...It's already running on the front of the machine.

I'll wear steel toed boots when working on it, Jerry!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Shouldn't need any welding or machining. Just drill some new holes and jig it up.

The motor specs above are for the a15 motor, which I believe is smaller than yours, as it is the standard 405 motor.

I had an A12 (1200cc) version on a 1971 Datsun that I ran the crap out of for several years...not a bit of damage, could easily run 85 all day on the interstate with the AC and fully loaded. The low governed rpms that Prochem ran them is only a fast idle by comparison.

Jimbo

Hey Lee...I was thinking about the 5" nipple to hook the vac hose to the waste tank...I think I want a welder to do that...and maybe another 5" nipple on the silencer...a couple of welding projects...

Back
Top Bottom