6008 Tuthill...On an Everest HP??

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
more upscale than my big red, I upgraded it from a Suterbilt 4M to a Roots 59, made a nice difference though I didn't know how to put it all together back then as you know how to.
You won't need to turn that big puppy that fast to get your power, plenty for dual wanding

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
be sure to take pics....

cuz i will be right there behind you shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

though ima taking to guys who help build the 1st wave of vortex..(the 1st group to get screwed by shawn)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
floorguy said:
be sure to take pics....

cuz i will be right there behind you shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

though ima taking to guys who help build the 1st wave of vortex..(the 1st group to get screwed by shawn)

CFM: 5,300
Vacuum: 28" Hg

the sewer sucker :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim
If you have ROOM for this MONSTER tank...?

This one is READY to hook -up.... 8)

I will give you a "raceHorSe DeaL".... !gotcha!

It is off of my Prochem 805...It will handle the 6008 ....easy...!!!!...Already plumed to go..!

S4010990.jpg

Jimbo

So I spent some time talking with Mr Mike Roden...who was on the design team for the PC Everest HP...The main challenge I face on this project is making sure I actually have adequate power to spin the 6008 blower...I might be better off using a 5009 blower because it takes a little less power to spin than the 6008 model that I have...

It is in my advantage that I seldom use the pressure pump at higher pressures...the CAT 5CP pump can draw up to 12 HP by itself...but using it mainly for cleaning carpet at 4-500 psi will let that power be used for the blower...so I have to check this out a bit more before I proceed! Thank you, Mr Roden.

Word on the street is that a New Truckmount will debut at MikePhest...Perhaps with a mid 60 HP Engine...and a 'larger' blower! HMMMMM Maybe I will wait a bit.....

I still don't see the point in doing this except for ego.

I can clean my carpets and they are bone dry in 1 hour 15 minutes with one fan going.

If you do all that you mentioned and slap a glide on your wand, your dry times will be exactly the same.

Unless you are cleaning at 500 plus feet on a regular basis then I don't see the point in all this.

I rarely if ever have to go past 150' on residential carpet.

Jimbo

danielc said:
I still don't see the point in doing this except for ego.

I can clean my carpets and they are bone dry in 1 hour 15 minutes with one fan going.

If you do all that you mentioned and slap a glide on your wand, your dry times will be exactly the same.

Unless you are cleaning at 500 plus feet on a regular basis then I don't see the point in all this.

I rarely if ever have to go past 150' on residential carpet.

Daniel...you will probably never understand...Have you ever cleaned with a real Vortex, Aerotech, or other big blower unit? Are you the guy that cleans on slow speed? Using a 1 1/2" wand? Any Kunkle or Bayco on your unit? I have more used up worn out glides in my garage right now than you will probably ever buy...Can't change blower oil? Too difficult?

You live in the world of 'cannot'...I have thrived in the world of 'CAN' all of my life.
Has little to do with ego...more to do with giving my customers the best job possible...AND having a blast along the way...I remind you to look around the garage, young man.

Jim I agree with the notion of giving my customers the best job.

Yes I got to demo the Aerotech at Mikefest last year.

When it was hooked up to the TI wand with hole glide the vacuum was identical to my unit. You can only move so much air through a two inch hose and the glide was killing the vacuum.

I guess using a 25k dollar machine, the best chems, two hour dry times, pre-vacuuming every job, and taking the time to do the job right makes me a hack.

I guess I need to get a larger blower so I can get 20 minute faster dry times to be on your level.

I do just fine and I am always learning.

Like I said I don't understand this project.

If your objective is to get more suck to promote faster drying, just buy a couple air paths.

If your objective is to take on more and larger jobs where you will be running mulitple tools on longer hose runs, then yes it makes sense, but still not as good as Harper's setup. At least with his truck one person can clean tile while the other does carpet or carpet/upholstery.

The key to your success is your pricing and expertise level. Not your equipment.

I guarantee you can buy a Terry Brevik special edition machine and your customers will be just as happy as long as you are doing the work.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Dan, you seem like a switched on lad as well in many aspects - and I understand where you are coming from. We all know there is 'more than one way to skin a cat' and you can achieve a level of clean through a variety of different techniques and machinery levels.

However, in all respect, have a 'demo' of a machine is NOTHING like running a large blower day in day out for some time. When you intimately know the level of performance you have had, you realize very quickly when you are not cleaning at that level no more. This is no doubt where Jim is finding himself right now. He knows he clean successfully clean with his current equipment and keep very happy clients. A lot of true professionals no matter what industry they are in will look for ways to improve their business in small percentages - this is no doubt where Jim is.

He is one of the most level headed blokes you will meet in your life Dan, so I would not questions his intentions as he knows his stuff, both inside and outside of our industry.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My A12 was rated at 69 hp on the plate on the firewall. It had a two-bbl carb. I put a bigger aftermarket carb on it and increased the power substantially, with little loss of milage.

Just hearing the word "can't" is inspiring to me...think I'll do it with one of our 405's. Can't hurt the heat either?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oie ill post later gotta run kids to their practices...

but....

when you are misting the carpet dan...yes it will dry in 90 mins

Jay D

Name
Jay D
The point is lost. Jim likes hot rods and hot rodding period the end. SOOOOOO he wants to hot rod his truckmount to the MAXXX performance. Nothing wrong with that at all, he wants the best and mostest for him and his customers. 8)

Jimbo

Ok Daniel, my lad...I will give you the long explanation...

Jim I agree with the notion of giving my customers the best job.

great...we really are on the same page, Daniel

Yes I got to demo the Aerotech at Mikefest last year.

No...I mean have you CLEANED with one...huge difference...You and I have the identical machine, I think...oh yes...yours is EFI...mine has a Hitachi Carb...the hotrodder in me does not really identify with fuel injection...it means a computer is in control! If you look at a picture of mine you may notice something...1) the Grill is off the radiator...Measure up the surface area of the open area of your radiator...then compare that with the open area of the grill...you can get a micrometer to do the measuring...and then figure out why it is better to take that grill off.

When it was hooked up to the TI wand with hole glide the vacuum was identical to my unit. You can only move so much air through a two inch hose and the glide was killing the vacuum.
I disagree. One way you can determine how strong the vacuum is without gauges is to determine how much of a dry stroke it takes for the wand to start cooling...Why is that you say? Because you are hastening evaporation when the wand is cool...and the big blower units accomplish that within about one half of a drying stroke...you can accomplish something similar by just misting on a little bit of cleaning solution...but the big blower units do the cooling FAST even using high flow...so they are getting a huge amount of both cleaning and drying...Here is something you could study as a primer on the subject:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthalpy
I guess using a 25k dollar machine, the best chems, two hour dry times, pre-vacuuming every job, and taking the time to do the job right makes me a hack.
Were you persecuted in a former life? If you are doing what you say...you are doing a GREAT JOB!...Keep it up, Dude! No one said, or inferred that you are a hack...if you think I said that...you are wrong. I tend NOT to do comparisons in life...because they are patently unfair.

I guess I need to get a larger blower so I can get 20 minute faster dry times to be on your level.
Read above answer
I do just fine and I am always learning.

Like I said I don't understand this project.
DSCN0098.jpg

Let me explain it this way DC...why is it you choose to use the PC Everest? It is because YOU KNOW you are giving your custies a better job than using a portable or some lessor brand of TM...same reason I consider hot rodding the Everest!
If your objective is to get more suck to promote faster drying, just buy a couple air paths.

I own 4 Airpaths...is that enough? I use drying or ventilation fans on Every job.
If your objective is to take on more and larger jobs where you will be running mulitple tools on longer hose runs, then yes it makes sense, but still not as good as Harper's setup. At least with his truck one person can clean tile while the other does carpet or carpet/upholstery.

Comparisons are patently unfair...remember? I single wanded with my Vortex...Dual tools could be ok in the future...we will see...when I hire a helper. I don't want more jobs...just want to get them done a little faster! The Vortex WAS True One Pass carpet Cleaning...it saved a huge amount of time due to that one feature...One cleaning pass...one slow drying pass...and you are done in that area...My PC Everest and Your PC Everest Cannot do that without the aid of a bigger blower

The key to your success is your pricing and expertise level. Not your equipment.
I Disagree. I would say the key to success is having folks that are friendly and happy and just want you to come back again and again and again and again and again....etc...to clean for them...and curiously enough that is exactly the kind of customers I have! No ads...no website...repeat and referral only. I tend to be the highest priced in the area...low price has nothing to do with it. The other really important thing is the level of trust folks have with YOU being in their castle...I work for a huge amount of law enforcement folks in the area...because they trust me in their house.

I guarantee you can buy a Terry Brevik special edition machine and your customers will be just as happy as long as you are doing the work.

Mr Brevik makes some fine equpment...we agree on that! And my above comment fits in here.

And by the way...young DC...Your comments will hold a lot more weight when you reach the 30 year mark...

In the Trade!

I guess I have a lot to learn.

Don't get me wrong I am all about improving performance and service.

How much performance do you think you will gain?

Do you remember our conversation at the barbeque joint in Nashville?

I knew you were a top notch cleaner, and believe it or not I learned something of great value to me just from your business card. We will keep that between us.

I also know my prices have gone up over time. I realize you don't just start out as a 50 cent per sq ft cleaner. I am always taking in information and trying to learn. One thing that I have realized is you really have to know your numbers. I am in a great position. I am focused on getting higher prices and offering a better service. Not doing more jobs.

I make money even when my trucks sit. I am fortunate to have good investments.

Trust me I listen when more experienced people give advice.

I hope to be in a situation like yours one day soon.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
NOW.........."That was a WooDsHeD moMenT..!"...............with JIMBO.... :lol:

Well said Jim,

We use the bigger TM's for the same reason...!
It is NOT a dick ...contest...!

You EXPLANATION..is exactly why we use this equipment.. !gotcha!

I HATE BEING UNDER-POWERED... :evil:

I am VERY impressed with our Everest HP..."bUt"..we have the Garner Denver TL650 blower..!

The standard Everest is nothing more than a PC 405... :idea:
Actually our 405...will out clean the standard Everest..."IMO" carbureted...It is TWEEKED.. 8)

ps...Jim, If you haven't tried the TL650 blower...you SHOULD.. :idea:
I think it will BOLT right -up... :?:

C

cucu

you got to love Jimbo ...he,s great at this building tm,s stuff.
Wild Billy Bruders should make him an offer to be head of R & D at fisher-price..damm it i ment sapphire

Jimbo

Name
Lee Stockwell
The Everest HAS a bigger motor than the specs shown in this thread.

Of course there is a net increase in horsepower as rpm increases. Torque may peak out first.

You will likely never use the HP side and full vacuum at the same time.

Jimbo

Actually, Fred...I am spinning my 4008 quite fast...I usually run the engine right at 3000 rpm...the engine has and 8" sheave on it...the 4008 blower has a 6" sheave on it...so it seems that the blower should turn 1.333 revolutions for every turn of the engine...so I think the 4008 is twisting away at the merry pace of 3,999 rpms...Still does not do it for me...Darn Vortex...I will always WANT MORE VACUUM!...The unit has a Bayco valve on it...just not quite the huge vacuum that I want.

So if I am looking at the performance curves right on the 6008 and the 5009...it seems like I can get the same amount of cfm from the 5009...and it would be a lot easier to fit in the spot.

And yes, Lee...If I did need the really high pressure side...I would not be using the vac at the highest level.

Thanks again for the input, Guys!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
floorguy said:
ok so i know wth we are talking about....

what is a SHEAVE???

ok as i just read it looks like its the pulley???

and wtf did you guys just not say pulley :x :x :x :x :x :x

Jimbo

Millwrights call them sheaves...

Maytag repairmen call them pulleys!

T

The Magician

Jimbo nice collection of cars. Hope you have room for the Chevelle. Good luck on your new venture.

T

The Magician

Jimbo nice collection of cars. Is the pink 1 a Challenger 340? Hope the new Chevelle fits. Good luck on your new project. Sorry for the double post didin't realize there were 3 pages

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FCC said:
Lee,
What engine does it have? I just downloaded the HP manual and it says its an A15. Are you saying the carbed A15 used is tuned for more power? I would think it is the standard "industrial" tune that doesn't have much variation in hp throughout its revisions.

Yes there is a HP increase with RPM. I said it doesn't net much of a gain. Especially in "industrial" trim which afaik uses a different cam that runs out of breath at around 4000rpm. Another 1000RPM over the 2200 RPM spec is only around a 7hp gain. Is there more HP in the engine? Yes but not much and it has to spin much faster to develop it like any other small displacement engine....but it is even further hindered by the "old" head design and "industrial " cam.

If I'm missing something please explain. I would much rather find an old carbed A15 for an upcoming project (turning both a 45&47 at full speed)..........but I don't think the power is there even if I picked up the auto version since even though the curve is a little steeper there is only a small HP advantage in the RPM range I would want to run a TM

now i dont know all the tuning aspects of things BUT here ya go

The A15 is a 1.5 liter (1488 cc) engine produced from 1979 through 1998 (and still in production in 2009 for the Malaysian built Vanette C22). The stroke was increased by 5 mm from the A14 engine's 77 mm to now measure 82 mm. It produces 80 hp (60 kW). It used only a different block casting, but retained the same "tall-block" deck height and BMEP as the A14. In the Roadstar it's capable of 49 mpg (17,3 km/L).

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
6000???

i had a nissan truck...granted it was the z22....but that never rapped out at 6gs

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
kinda looks like my z22 motor hahahaha...

in fact if it ever goes on my everest maybe ill get a low mileage motor to replace it....

The Z22 (carb only) is a 2.2 L (2,188 cc) four-cylinder engine produced from 1981 through 1983. Bore and stroke are 87.0 and 92.0 mm. It produces 86 hp (64 kW) SAE as fitted to the US-market Datsun 720.

ohhh ya

or better yet

Z24
Years - 1984-1986 Power - 103 hp (77 kW) at 4,800 rpm Torque - 134 ft·lbf (182 N·m) at 2,800 rpm
Z24i
Years - 1986-1987 Power - 103 hp (77 kW) at 4,800 rpm Torque - 134 ft·lbf (182 N·m) at 2,800 rpm
Years - 1988-1989 Power - 106 hp (79 kW) at 4,800 rpm Torque - 137 ft·lbf (186 N·m) at 2,400 rpm
[edit]

so from these specs....i would still say 50ish range at 3000.....

Back
Top Bottom