6960 Spills In a Sofa's Lifetime!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There has to be a way to have some fun with the survey in some of your social media sites:

1. The average sofa receives 6960 spills in its lifetime.

2. The sofa also "witnesses" 4428 kisses and "experiences" 4287 hours of "cuddling" (Let's not go any further here...)

3. To balance the above blissful experiences, there are 3240 arguments and 612 nights where one party sleeps on the couch!

4. Just for Marty: In that same couch's lifetime, there have been 4239 hours of naptime spent upon it.

Now, to be clear, this was done in the UK, so US experiences might be different. But especially after a couple of months of being homebound, your customers might find this interesting, amusing, and maybe also disgusting enough to have them call to have their furniture cleaned!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Don't forget your 4 legged friends and what they bring from the table.

I'm not sure our friends from the other side of the pond are as worshipful of pets as are we. At least I didn't notice references to that in the article.

Pets make the whole scenario that more gross.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Did they include the little trail of drool coming off Marty’s jowl while he naps, or does that count as just one large sticky spot?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I heard about this as an off hand comment on the radio and spent Wednesday tracking it down.

It has just the right combination of humor and “gross out” factor to get attention.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
true, stuck my foot in my mouth on Wednesday with a new customer who showed zero signs of convidanoia until I was done and wrapped up and we were having a driveway chat.

Turns out she is deathly afraid of catching it.......yikes

Name
Steve Lawrence
6960, eh? Must be some really sloppy people or that sofa is 10,000 years old, or this is a joke.

We've had a sofa about 2.5 years now and not a spill yet. We'd better get going. LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom