7 years ago today

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got my Truckmount that would get me out of the Porty mode.
1595167690669.png

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My brother had one too. Brown, with the big eagle on it. Eagle emblazoned on the seats. He had it all.
Planes, trains ( I mean motorcycles and boats), automobiles.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
If you had the Shelby Omni with the turbo, it would leave both of those in the dust.

I've been looking for a Shelby Omni glh. The non turbo 2.2 was pretty quick but with the Garrett turbo it Goes Like Hell. Hence the glh. Shelby had a few that he made even faster but very expensive.
The 1.7 Volkswagen motor was a useless pos. Head rebuild every 30 k. I had one with the vw motor that I swapped out for a 2.2. A major pain in the ass to swap.

Willy knows omnis

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If you had the Shelby Omni with the turbo, it would leave both of those in the dust.

this thing?

1595182465369.png

it would leave both of those in the dust.

I'd take that bet it wouldn't (assumes equally capable drivers behind the wheel)

I built them
Bought an '84 brand new Charger 2+2

friend at the shop had the Shelby.

It was peppy and sticky, but a pretender compared to GM's F-body muscle variants and Ford's Fox body 5.0 'Stangs
It was falling apart and a rattle trap at 20-30K miles (most were)
He dumped it at 40K miles

mine went 125k miles before I sold it .
CV-joint crapped at 40k was only semi-major repair.
the "2-2" package option gave it racing stripes and low-profile sticky Goodyears over the standard.
but it was nothing more than a sporty looking bee-bop mobile .
which was fine for that

butt....certainly not a platform to build a "real" performance muscle car on
It was a "fake" sports car

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
f'n canadians....

did any of you Omni sedan loverboys own one subjected to cold winter temps?
Door latches that would open, but not latch shut was common and ubiquitous til the cabin warmed up
Most of the other latch hardware (hood, hatchback ) was crap too.

Made 'em all at Chrysler Twinsburg Stamping in a section called the "toy factory" .
a cherry job, not only because the parts were tiny and light and you sat down at turn table
but most of all, you could run an hour's production numbers in 20 minutes ...meaning you hump for 3 1/2 hours and done to dikoff, sleep, get drunk or leave at lunch time for the day

side note;
the guys that left for the day at lunch (verboden BTW) paid a weekly fee to a guy that would punch out your time card at the end of shift.
Some of those card punchers made a tidy sum every week as they had 20-30 "clients" deep list they punched out every day

one thing not in question, Lee Iacocca is credited with (and should be) for saving Chrysler.
Making transverse mounted engines and FWD the standard to follow as well as his great marketing skills of "America's car" the K-car .
and lastly, an out of the park grand slam with the minivan

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
f'n canadians....

did any of you Omni sedan loverboys own one subjected to cold winter temps?
Door latches that would open, but not latch shut was common and ubiquitous til the cabin warmed up
Most of the other latch hardware (hood, hatchback ) was crap too.

Made 'em all at Chrysler Twinsburg Stamping in a section called the "toy factory" .
a cherry job, not only because the parts were tiny and light and you sat down at turn table
but most of all, you could run an hour's production numbers in 20 minutes ...meaning you hump for 3 1/2 hours and done to dikoff, sleep, get drunk or leave at lunch time for the day

side note;
the guys that left for the day at lunch (verboden BTW) paid a weekly fee to a guy that would punch out your time card at the end of shift.
Some of those card punchers made a tidy sum every week as they had 20-30 "clients" deep list they punched out every day

one thing not in question, Lee Iacocca is credited with (and should be) for saving Chrysler.
Making transverse mounted engines and FWD the standard to follow as well as his great marketing skills of "America's car" the K-car .
and lastly, an out of the park grand slam with the minivan

..L.T.A.

Soooooo - you like the fact that the ugly little ducking was a fast little fox that kicked the ponies azz?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BTW Larry, my cousin worked for gm. He bought a Typhoon. That was a freaking screamer. But I still want a glh more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom