BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, reviewing a old topic here. Jim Martin's old configuration on his Ti-Wand. I understand the 11002 puts out a wider pattern and should be used for the insides 2 jets.

What's the difference in the 9502 and the 8002?

I currently run 11002's all the way across and get a spray over on both sides of the wand. I am setting up a new wand and want to eliminate the overspray so would 9502's or 8002's be best for the outside 2?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the first 2 or 3 numbers are the degree of the spray and the last 2 are size of the opening.

gene

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Got It! I have probably had this explained to me before but my old mind can't remember sheet

Thanks

lance

Billy, does your Ti have a glide and extenders on it? If so, try the 9502 first and then the 8002.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It has been my experience that putting extenders on the Ti wand does not help reduce the overspray any when using a 95 degree jet. You have to use the 80 degree.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this was the best set up for this wand that I could find......used it for a long time with out any problems....

as far as over spray.....don't waste to much time fighting it....just learn how to manage it and you will get further ahead.......

Bob Foster

Jim Martin said:
this was the best set up for this wand that I could find......used it for a long time with out any problems....

as far as over spray.....don't waste to much time fighting it....just learn how to manage it and you will get further ahead.......

Is that with or without extenders and which extenders do you prefer?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1mxgok88]this was the best set up for this wand that I could find......used it for a long time with out any problems....

Is that with or without extenders and which extenders do you prefer?[/quote:1mxgok88]

on that wand...it is with the long extenders.......on the wand I am using now ( west pac ) I prefer the shorter ones....

hogjowl

Idiot™
Learning to deal with it means doing extra drying passes.

I spend to much time on the job already.

I don't want to do extra drying passes.

Sorry ...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
a little over spray helps clean the edges better to though......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Marty said:
Learning to deal with it means doing extra drying passes.

I spend to much time on the job already.

I don't want to do extra drying passes.

Sorry ...

can't teach an old dog new tricks......

lance

Jim what psi were you using with the Ti wand? Do you like the spray from the jets glancing off the glide or do you want it to miss the glide and hit the carpet directly?

Thanks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lance said:
Jim what psi were you using with the Ti wand? Do you like the spray from the jets glancing off the glide or do you want it to miss the glide and hit the carpet directly?

Thanks.

when I was using it I was running at about 400 psi....the spray never hit the glide....it hit the carpet just before the glide...

Mike Draper

Ron Lippold said:
billy go to 04 if you want real cleaning performance.

Have you tested your 04's to see how many gallons per minute you are using at your normal running psi? I run 02's across my ti wand at 250 psi and I'm running 2 gpm.

Name
Ron lippold
Mike running 11004 all the way across 750 psi right about 4 gallons a minute with a 6.5 gallon pre minute pump. I love it.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
750 psi seems to be the sweet spot for me too.

First chance I get I'm gonna take Ron's advice and bump up the flow big time.

Name
Ron lippold
Back stroke only lance. 1.5 in over lap on up stroke. no problem with filtration lines aginst the wall. You have plenty of suck to pick up the water. I have a buddy here thats running a little cobb machine and he is running 18 flow and has good dry times.

Mike Draper

Ron,I have a really hard time seeing the 4 gallon per minute flow you have with good dry times. At 2 gpm my wand spits water out 6 feet when I lift my wand. With only 65' of 2.5" hose I cleaned my carpet last night at my normal 2gpm with 1 dry pass. It was completely dry in 2 hrs. The other half of the room was cleaned at my pumps max which is 3.5 gpm. I cleaned the other half of my room with that :shock: :shock: :shock: it was quite ridiculous actually, if I lift the wand up it would spit water out 12-15' :shock: :shock: its still WET :lol: :lol: its been 12.5 hrs as I expected before I started. I understand lift and CFM's as well as anyone on the board. Tell us, have you really truly bucket tested your flow at 4gpm?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Ron Lippold said:
Mike running 11004 all the way across 750 psi right about 4 gallons a minute with a 6.5 gallon pre minute pump. I love it.
You must be using 3/8 inch solution hose instead of 1/4 inch to achieve that flow and maintain that psi at the wand.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron Lippold said:
You have plenty of suck to pick up the water. I have a buddy here thats running a little cobb machine and he is running 18 flow and has good dry times.
It is NOT a little Cobb machine . . . .

The Dynachem TM's have plenty of vac power.

The pumps need to turn a little faster to support "#18 flow" .

Tell him to talk to us for a flow upgrade.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dont feel bad larry.....i am sure compared to his V everything is small :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom