a chem-dry guy; I come in peace

Mark Azevedo

First of all why did your so called franchisor name it chem dry.... Chem means chemical. Real carpet cleaners buy chems, but we refer to them as detergants to our costumers,,,,, chemicals.... chemicals.... kinda sounds scarey to a home owner and property owner...... You should re name it to m.s.d.s dry,,,,,, or osha dry

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I have never and would never use the term detergents to a customer. Sounds like something they would do their laundry with.

Cleaning solutions is my preferred term.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Robert, the reason Chem-lie takes such a beating from other pros is because of their deceptive, sleezy marketing

My local chem-lie schmuck Rodney tells prospects that TM HWE VOIDS their warranty.

all the while he brings out a ROTARY to bonnet clean

He's a flat out LIAR.

I'm willing to bet most others have similar stories about their local chem-liars

Chem-lie bashed TM HWE for years with their sleazy marketing innuendos.

NOW they USE TM HWE, only they continue the deception by calling it something else.
Just cause it's "fizzy" water at 150psi doesn't mean it's NOT TM HWE

Liing deceptive sunzabitchs is why they take a beating and no other reason

I'm curious, did a certian plumber/pt time CCer suggest you start this thread?
tell the truth, now
(if you can, cause hopefully your soul hasn't been seared by the deceptive marketing the "mother ship" teaches)

..L.T.A.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken Snow said:
I have never and would never use the term detergents to a customer. Sounds like something they would do their laundry with.

Cleaning solutions is my preferred term.

i like it when cleaners use the term..SOAP or talk about using SOAP free products

paladin

No I don"t know who Paramount is? I do not agree with bashing other companies . I am no different than most of the hard working carpet cleaners here. I have even sent customers to steam cleaners in my area if I could I could not promise them the results that they were looking for or if they are out of my area. There is a chem-dry in that other area but he is a bait and switcher and does poor work.
I wish all companies would try to do great work and we would all benefit in the long run. You wouldn't constantly hear horror stories from new customers and have to explain why you are different.
I have attempted several times to enter in on this board and am always attacked by "enemies" who don't know me or hate/fear chem-dry.
For over twenty years chem-dry promoted bonnet cleaning as better than any of method-especially HWE. And because they would never be able to change carpet warranties they got on board with Hot Carbonation Extraction. Personally I like bonnet cleaning . I think in most situations and in the right hands it is as good as hwe . In some cases hwe is easier and quicker.I can do both and the majority of the time still bonnet clean. And yes most warranties
say not to. But in houses that warranty is not an issue I use it.
I too refer to the cleaner as "solution" and try and use no terms that alarm customers. We all use a solution of something. Years ago chem-dry solution was unique but there are a lot of similar solutions available now.
I am not closed minded that other companies can and do compete for customers but simply believe you promote you positives and not degrade your competitors. I don't think customers want to hear that . you should under promise and over deliver.Besides if you have servicemen you have to hope they do that also.
Sorry to be so long winded but I am just trying to talk carpet cleaning with people I know in most cases know more than I do. I have learned alot just lurking here and am usually attacked by the "Darlene gang" each time I post. As for as Chris Conner goes I have a healthy respect for his candor and intelligence
.I do not know hm personally but I do read all his posts and I wish to thank him openly for defending my right to speak here, even though others don't.
"watch this" was sarcastic and I should have left that part out,sorry.
I do come in peace if possible. I think you learn more by talking than insulting others.
Peace to all. Robert Beets

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
OK, there you go Robert. You have explained who you are and that you are a customer oriented guy.

It doesn't matter whether you are Chemdry, or HWE, or both. The important thing is that you care about each and every one of your customers, and you make sure they see that by your work.

Post on.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sounds like you're paranoid.

We are a community of carpet cleaners, not certain method cleaners.

Try not to get too hung up on methods, most of us offer HWE as well as VLM, Op.

You might need to develop thicker skin, don't be so intimidated, people will disagree with anyone, it's not just you.

Hang in there and you will be fine!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Robert
but you didn't answer my question

did Chris suggest, or plant a seed, that you should start a thread?

..L.T.A.

Fon Johnson

You have the audacity to come here and talk about getting attacked, in the middle of a post that is done for no other reason than to antagonize. You are a brilliant one, are you not?

The only things I seem to see from you are related to Darlene. Chris Conner, despite being a reasonably intelligent person, has some sort of fetish regarding Darlene. He chases her around the bulletin boards to no end. He makes posts that appear to be coming from a Christan, yet he follows Darlene around looking to start trouble. All of this coming from a person who posts some of the most arrogant hate filled racist crap I have seen on the bulletin boards. With that said; I, like Meat wonder what sparked this..

As far as Darlene is concerned, there is her side, your side, and then the truth in the middle. Darlene does need to just let things go, as she will be healthier for it. As for you, if you have done her wrong that is between you and your maker. You will answer one day to him, not me or anyone here on any bulletin boards.

Yeah, this post was intended as a friendly "hello". Sure. Right.

G

Fon Johnson said:
Chris ConnOr, despite being a reasonably intelligent person,

DID YA HEAR THAT???
FON CALLED ME REASONABLY INTELLIGENT!!! HAHA!!!

Although he has only got it half right, cos reasonable, I Ain't!!

Please note that I have not mentioned whatsherface at all on this board. Just on the blue and it has nothing to do with anything that goes on here on MIkeysboArd!! So KMA! AND let it be said that until whatsherface started it again with ME on the blue so I let her have it.

and again YOU HEARD WHAT FON sed. IT's Official!!

paladin

So far the replies have ranged from welcome to troublemaker to scoundrel to pervert with a fetish . I have said nor have done anything to warrant your attacks except say hello and remind those who know what happens every time I have attempted to post. If you were gentlemen you would steer clear of things that don't concern you, instead some try and pour gas on the embers.
I will not discuss personal things on this board and get into a he-said she-said for your entertainment.
Bob Thanks
Richard I don't have a problem with you or you cleaning
Odin You are a troublemaker it appears
Jay I know D much better than you - nuff said
meat yes I did- no Chris didn't
Fon Do you even know the meaning of the word"fetish"
Chris Fon says you're a racist-are you?

G

je, un raciste, naturellement !

ANd I do NoT follow whatsherface around. Fonster is a sensationalist that likes to exaggerate.

paladin

Some people live by the rule MY FRIENDS ENEMY IS MY ENEMY"
Can we just talk carpet cleaning and stay out of each others personal business. I don't make or sell anything . None of you will ever put a penny in my pocket so I have nothing to gain in talking to you.I have been a carpet cleaner for 30 years and have never had a confrontation with any competitor. Besides , I have more problem with some chem-drys bad mouthing other chemdrys than with other companies.
And as far as Chris following D around-that's not true if you would read everything with an open mind. Reminds me of a movie that just came out. Ten people see the President shot and all saw something different

paladin

Ron ,the reason I prefer bonnet over HWE is because I am really good at it. And judging by the number of boards devoted to bonnet or op it must be the same for a great number of cleaners. I know that i've been doing it for 30 years and have had a loyal following. I have cleaned the carpets of young couples whom I had cleaned their parents carpet when they were children .I'm sure many of you could say the same thing. I can't say that currently because I've only been here for three years and I do very little of the cleaning. My best serviceman does a great job and he has jobs constantly that insist on only him.
At my age if I had to use a wand all day I would probably quit.I can still use a buffer all day. So most of it is personal preference for what I am comfortable with .I also have servicemen who love the wand,but as a chem-dry we aren't allowed to wand clean.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if you want to be part of this online community you do not need to act like a social ingrate. Just come ina dn contribute. There are other Chem who people on this BB.

You seem to want to just taunt

paladin

who have I taunted ? I have responded .If you would read this in order maybe you could make intelligent remarks. And like it's been said many times -if you don't like the thread stay off.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
look at the title of your post, a little passive aggressive don't you think. You comments and the way you handle yourself shows your true colors

paladin

Well Greg it seems you don't like me already.
Is it because I'm a chem-dry or just better looking? I could say
God bless you
or kiss my ass
or who cares what you think
but I can tell whichever I posted it would be the wrong one so I'll just let you pick the one you like best.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
unfortunately on the old thread I went out of my way to stick up for you, so my mistake

Fon Johnson

Yes, Robert, I know what a fetish is. A fetish is a sexual attraction to an object or certain body part. Some people have foot fetishes, some people have nylon fetishes, some people have rubber fetishes. I studied them quite extensively as a Psych major. Chris has a Darlene fetish in which he seems to derive some sexual satisfaction from reading ,and getting involved in, her posts.

I really don't give a rats rear about your history with Darlene. She obviously needs to get over that whole thing. From the number of post I have just stumbled across where she has posted, you can bet the farm that if Chem Dry or her history is mentioned, Chris is right there with something to say. If he were any kind of gentleman, he would just steer clear. As for the racism, either Chris is quite bigoted, or he just like to portray himself as such for the shock value. Anyone who has stumbled across 10% of his posts can see that.

As for you, Robert, some of us are smart enough to see that this thread was started purely as an inflammatory thread. You knew darn well (as anyone else does) that nothing good was going to come from starting this thread.

Don't take us all for fools, for we are not.

breathe72

Fon, you said this guy's thread was nothing more than an attempt to get people riled-up.

Glad to see that you did not fall for it. LMAO :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom