A guy had a Cross american recoil today

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I thought Ricky was joking when he said the thing was good. It isn't an apex but it is a very suitable portable/truckmount with some more heat it would rival the avenger I was riding before

G

My Recoil with Propane dries carpet as fast as my techs Boxxer; put an inline kero on the boxxer and you have to be careful not to melt carpet.

Although I don't use propane/kero all the time; it sure surprised me when I got it(Recoil).

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Matt Murdock said:
where is the cross american board[/quote

http://www.ocibr.com/hub/

Read the post where Rickie says he charges customers for furniture tabs and tells them to saran wrap the furniture legs before he shows up to save money. Then another guy say he cuts his own tabs from tin foil. Some quality stuff over there. :roll:

G

Read the post up top,Drama Queen

PS-when I am done with my mods you can bring over your over priced box truck and I do a comparison on that DA!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
I hear we will have a brand new unit to test at MF.

please don't try to make the tests some kind "rocket science", overly complicated scientific endeavor

Keep it simple and practical

same hose, same sol line, same wand, same "operator" (that's important) doing his/her best to use exactly the same speed/wand technique for the same amount of time with the different portys set at same PSI.

Each test should be run on a dry section of same carpet.
Measured amount of water in the porty, measure amount recovered

how fookin simple is that?

Once you establish which porty recovers the best (I doubt there will be a whole lot of difference in any of them :shock: )
Then you can move on to the different wand styles available and if there's really much difference in recovery on them.
Then unglided, and different glide versions recovery rates

using a porty makes things easier cause you can easily measure amounts of water in and water recovered

I wish the left coast wasn't so damn far away, making flying the only realistic option for me to attend.
or I'd do the tests for you ....RIGHT!

Limit the variables as much as possible for a fair impartial test
ie.. SAME hose, sol line, wand, psi, AND operator on dry sections of SAME carpet

..L.T.A.

Brett

I would use one portable for solution line to eliminate any pump differences in other machines. Maybe you were going to do that anyway. 250psi and 400-450psi dry times might be fun to see. I have the Mytee 1003 2 3 stage 0-450 pump with heat, 1 1/2 hose port, and a new Recoil XPS 2" with the 0-500 pump which I don't run past 450. I have run 100FT 2" to 15 FT 1 1/2 and had reasonable dry times with the Recoil .Thats with AW29 1 1/2 wand and Green Hole glide. Suction is alot better with 50-75FT of 2" straight to wand. I can feel the lock down difference. I've only run 50FT with the Mytee, but dry times are OK. 200 degrees in the Mytee gets me 130 at the jets. Thats starting with 137 degrees out of my water heater and waiting about 15-20 minutes with heaters kicked on. Most customers homes I kick off the heaters after I have heated the water and clean without them so I won't kick breakers. 20amps with pump,vac and heater and 19 amps other cord. Amp suckers. Remember, most homes have 20 amp breakers and 12-2 wiring in the kitchen, baths, garage and furnace closets,but they only have 15 amp plugs. As far as I have heard, residential appliances can't be sold over 13 amps so not much need for 20 amp plugs except for those of us running commercial machines in residential. If the Mytee had 4 cord pigtails you could easily run all 15amp breakers and plugs to run the vacs and heaters. More options for different jobs.

Name
John LaBarbera
meAt said:
Mikey P said:
I hear we will have a brand new unit to test at MF.

please don't try to make the tests some kind "rocket science", overly complicated scientific endeavor

Keep it simple and practical

same hose, same sol line, same wand, same "operator" (that's important) doing his/her best to use exactly the same speed/wand technique for the same amount of time with the different portys set at same PSI.

Each test should be run on a dry section of same carpet.
Measured amount of water in the porty, measure amount recovered

how fookin simple is that?

Once you establish which porty recovers the best (I doubt there will be a whole lot of difference in any of them :shock: )
Then you can move on to the different wand styles available and if there's really much difference in recovery on them.
Then unglided, and different glide versions recovery rates

using a porty makes things easier cause you can easily measure amounts of water in and water recovered

I wish the left coast wasn't so damn far away, making flying the only realistic option for me to attend.
or I'd do the tests for you ....RIGHT!

Limit the variables as much as possible for a fair impartial test
ie.. SAME hose, sol line, wand, psi, AND operator on dry sections of SAME carpet

..L.T.A.

Hi Larry,

It would be great if you could come to Mikeyfest. Is it you don't like to fly? I think you have a real handle on how to do the "Shoot Out". I feel for it to have any value for the PCC's it has to be objective. It's actually better for PCC's to oversee and operate the machines for it to be "real world" than a manufacturer. Mytee is submitting a machine to evaluate but I will not be involved otherwise in the "Shoot Out".

John

Name
John LaBarbera
Brett said:
I would use one portable for solution line to eliminate any pump differences in other machines. Maybe you were going to do that anyway. 250psi and 400-450psi dry times might be fun to see. I have the Mytee 1003 2 3 stage 0-450 pump with heat, 1 1/2 hose port, and a new Recoil XPS 2" with the 0-500 pump which I don't run past 450. I have run 100FT 2" to 15 FT 1 1/2 and had reasonable dry times with the Recoil .Thats with AW29 1 1/2 wand and Green Hole glide. Suction is alot better with 50-75FT of 2" straight to wand. I can feel the lock down difference. I've only run 50FT with the Mytee, but dry times are OK. 200 degrees in the Mytee gets me 130 at the jets. Thats starting with 137 degrees out of my water heater and waiting about 15-20 minutes with heaters kicked on. Most customers homes I kick off the heaters and clean without them so I won't kick breakers. 20amps with pump,vac and heater and 19 amps other cord. Amp suckers. Remember, most homes have 20 amp breakers and 12-2 wiring in the kitchen, baths, garage and furnace closets,but they only have 15 amp plugs. As far as I have heard, residential appliances can't be sold over 13 amps so not much need for 20 amp plugs except for those of us running commercial machines in residential. I would not buy another heated machine. Buy seperate heater. Save the weight, if it breaks you can still use your porty, you can ship a small electric in for repairs, and more room inside machine for easier repairs.

Hi Brett,

I see you're in Cali, are you coming, and would you like to be involved in the "Shoot Out"? I appreciated your quoted comments. They make a lot of sense. I agree that electric heat has it's limits and having the heater separate has it's advantages. When left off your amps on the 1003 would be 8 amps per cord less. You evidently have the ability to measure amp draw. Can I ask why you didn't post the recoils amp draw per cord?

The fact is, and I've said this a number of times. All of the industrial portable machines out there will do a good job cleaning carpet. It will rival a truck mount but never out clean it and the speed will always be on the side of power. That being said a porty will always have a place out there because it's portable. So we manufacturers want to build the best unit we can and make the information available to the PCC's to make their choices. The PCC's are entitled to know what they are getting in comparison with competing units. That includes all spec's, measured performance, fit and finish, amp draw, water lift, price and other features that are advantageous. That's the whole idea behind the "Shoot Out". Let me know if you want to share in it?

John

Todd Anthony

Does anyone know if the steamin demon is going to be at the shootout ?
if i was in the market for a portable i would consider the steamin demon .
less set up and no bucket brigade . plus the vac is only 6 inches from the carpet
makes sense to me on paper but i havent tried one .

Name
John LaBarbera
Todd Anthony said:
Does anyone know if the steamin demon is going to be at the shootout ?
if i was in the market for a portable i would consider the steamin demon .
less set up and no bucket brigade . plus the vac is only 6 inches from the carpet
makes sense to me on paper but i havent tried one .

I don't have access to one, but it is certainly welcome.

John

Brett

John, I'm in Cypress, Orange County, CA. I'm having problems with my Diabetes. Love to go to San Diego but can't travel. Greenie called me a few weeks ago trying to get my Recoil but I've added a 3rd cord to the 2 stage vac so I can run 3 circuits if needed or plug two cords into a triple head extension cord and I cord by itself if I want to run 2 circuits. Best of both worlds.I had a Radio Shack amp meter once, but it wouldn't read past 15 amps. For Liability reasons since I rewired the Recoil and I don't carry Insurance I told Jeff that I would rather keep my Recoil at home. But I'm glad you were able to get a hold of one. The 19 and 20 amp figures I gave for your Mytee are straight out of your manual, if I remember correctlyl. However, My parents have new construction, 20 amp breakers, GFI 20 Amp plugs and 12-2 and I tripped the breaker running pump, vac and heat on the one cord. Could have been a sensitive GFI or sensitive breaker. I have never tripped a breaker at my house with the Mytee. Last time I spoke with ED, I think the 3 vac pulled 10.4amps and pump 1.6 amps, safe for 15 amp breaker on the first cord. The 2 stage if I remember was around 8.6 amps, so you're pulling 19 amps when running the second 3 stage vac and 2 stage together under no load condition. Now people say that under load the vac amps drop, but I have never seen actual test numbers by how much. 15 amp wall plugs are passing more than 15 amps in residential settings when you're using the Recoil but I have never read on the bulletin boards of anyone starting fires or shorting out plug. But for safety and liability reasons, it's something to consider. I don't mind running 3 cords. It opens up the option for a 3 3 stage machine which some people have done, and maybe the numbers are even better if you run 2 3 stage and 2 2 stage.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John LaBarbera said:
Is it you don't like to fly?

John

the flying part doesn't bother me
it's being STUCK in a metal tube for hours and hours that drives me NUTZ

otherwise, I'd be there

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
just tie one on meAt, I'll drive your drunk ass from the airport.

buy me a "first class" plane ticket (round trip and HAS to be a window seat) and i might consider finding enough Valium or Xanax to medicate myself.

Then I "might" think about it

otherwise foggetaboutit....cause even a free coach class ticket, free room and board and get to drive around Lisa's new cool car all week wouldn't do it...

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
meAt said:
Mikey P said:
just tie one on meAt, I'll drive your drunk ass from the airport.

buy me a "first class" plane ticket (round trip and HAS to be a window seat) and i might consider finding enough Valium or Xanax to medicate myself.

Then I "might" think about it

otherwise foggetaboutit....cause even a free coach class ticket, free room and board and get to drive around Lisa's new cool car all week wouldn't do it...

..L.T.A.

You gots issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom