A Handi Brush tip for the bullnose on stairs

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No matter how well you clean the tread of a step, if you leave the bullnose dirty you’re not going to have a happy camper of a client.

After all it doesn’t take much to get that edge clean either, just little agitation can make a huge difference in the final product.

So the problem is not what is needed, heck any Porkchop can do it. Having the tool with you when you need it, is where the slip up in the procedure begins. Usually it’s in the truck or in the spotting tray and well….it’s just too far to get it. After all it really didn’t need it that bad. :icon_redface:

So to ensure that the tech’s have the brush with them when needed, I took one of those velcro straps used on injection sprayers and slipped a cable tie to hold it to the stair tool.

Now you can just unstrap the brush and agitated the precondition into the bullnose and Velcro strap it back to the tool when the stairs are completed. The brush does a nice job on the bullnose and your clients are and and you are happy right up until the tech’s leave the brush at the job.

Fortunately the Handi Brushes are fairly inexpensive at least as carpet cleaning tools and accessories go.

StairToolwithbrush.jpg

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Hey Richard, is that a glide on a Prochem wand and does it make a big difference? I have thought about getting one just to protect the skirt boards from getting damage from the wand.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I like the idea, but we use a random orbital hand held buffer with carpet brush that corrects even the worst edges. Just have to rinse it out when it's done. Amazing really.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron & Vivers those are better options, I just don't think they would unload it from the truck.:cry:

Doug it makes it just as easy for the steps as it does th carpet but I think it will still sctatch it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This is the brush I like on the bullnose. It has a nice curve that give a bit of a hug effect. I have been using it for like 5 years so I have no clue where I got it...may have been out of a car wash kit with all kinds of brushes.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
No matter how well you clean the tread of a step, if you leave the bullnose dirty you’re not going to have a happy camper of a client.

After all it doesn’t take much to get that edge clean either, just little agitation can make a huge difference in the final product.

So the problem is not what is needed, heck any Porkchop can do it. Having the tool with you when you need it, is where the slip up in the procedure begins. Usually it’s in the truck or in the spotting tray and well….it’s just too far to get it. After all it really didn’t need it that bad. :icon_redface:

So to ensure that the tech’s have the brush with them when needed, I took one of those velcro straps used on injection sprayers and slipped a cable tie to hold it to the stair tool.

Now you can just unstrap the brush and agitated the precondition into the bullnose and Velcro strap it back to the tool when the stairs are completed. The brush does a nice job on the bullnose and your clients are and and you are happy right up until the tech’s leave the brush at the job.

Fortunately the Handi Brushes are fairly inexpensive at least as carpet cleaning tools and accessories go.

StairToolwithbrush.jpg

Well Mr. Hester sounds like a great idea for a TIPS submission to SFS. You may even include a statement such as "make it easy to do it right."

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Mr Hester.

Thanks Bill.

I don't know if it's worthy of that but yes you get the idea. I'm sure a CRB would do a great job but for the crews to pull it out of the truck....it's easier not to. This does make it easier for them to do the right thing and hit the bullnose.

Bullnose2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I use a high flow (15 TOTAL) wand and I don't grind it in I just rub it on. Three swipes is about all I ever take.

FredC

Village Idiot
I got the CRB would work better but unless they have it with them, I doubt they will go out to the truck to use it.

I think its funny that you think they will take that brush off the wand to do something you have left to their discretion.

Either there is a procedure for stairs or there isn't...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think its funny that you think they will take that brush off the wand to do something you have left to their discretion.

Either there is a procedure for stairs or there isn't...

Ricky Bobby's Dad "That make no sense at all". If You aint first Your last!

FredC

Village Idiot
He mentioned a CRB/sebo would not likely be used......its safe to assume that any treatment of the steps has been an option to this point and one that is probably never used.

Something he hopes to change, likely for a reason other than he wanted something to do, by attaching a brush to a stair tool. Why would they take the time to do that either?

...employees are dictating procedure...the owner has said "well thats just reality"

add in that its now a potential SFS tip..........with no data behind it

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree that those in the field are making the decisions but they are paid to do so. We empower them to do so, I don't want to be a micromanager on something as trivial as the bullnose. We don't own CRB's and if we did I don't know that I'd use it for that task. Having never tried it, it seems like a lot of work for so little of an edge impacted.

The brush to the the tool, well it's there. It makes it easy and just takes just a second, no heavy lifting, no trip to the truck. Un-velcro if you need it, clean the step with it strapped if you don't.

I didn't ask for it to be submitted, I was trying to help the fookers here that might need a little hep. :p

Reactions: Ken Snow
Name
Nate W.
I agree that those in the field are making the decisions but they are paid to do so. We empower them to do so, I don't want to be a micromanager on something as trivial as the bullnose. We don't own CRB's and if we did I don't know that I'd use it for that task. Having never tried it, it seems like a lot of work for so little of an edge impacted.

The brush to the the tool, well it's there. It makes it easy and just takes just a second, no heavy lifting, no trip to the truck. Un-velcro if you need it, clean the step with it strapped if you don't.

I didn't ask for it to be submitted, I was trying to help the fookers here that might need a little hep. :p

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink... You win some, lose some... But no such thing as trying... You either succeed or you fail...

Hey Zee, you're right... Looks like a curved tire brush...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom