A new Airmover?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rumor has it there is a radical new airmover soon to be released.

Half the footprint of normal airmover, just as much cfm and low amp draw 1.4.

I've not seen it but someone who did see it, told me about them.

Real Hush...Hush!!! :wink:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
keep us posted richard i'm goin too buy 20 or so in the next 2 months
hate to buy out dated stuff

John Olson

Name
John Olson
1-2 weeks tops and you'll have em and yes they are nothing like what is out there right now. I have you down for 24 of them already Richard Should I bump that up?

I just got 10 new air movers in today. I am very impressed with the new Hydro Force air mover. It draws 2.3 amps and can be chained together. The first thing I noticed was it is much lighter and a little smaller. The performance is good as well for a three speed 1/3 hp. I will post a pic in a minute.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I have pictures of these "new" air movers and a product that was unsuccessfully introduced 12 years ago that was just like it. Nothing new here folks more smoke and mirrors. Once I figure out how to post pictures again (Mike ran me through this one time but I can't remember the details) I'll let people see. If someone wants to help send me a email at billb@legendbrands.net and I'll send the pictures so all can see both.

Here's some pics of my new air movers. I picked up 10 of them. They only weigh 27 pounds. My other air movers weigh probably 50-60 pounds. Since they are smaller and weigh less I will take them in the home on more jobs. They put out 1150 cfm. It's not the strongest fan, but will serve great for rug cleaning.

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

I was in a bind and literally could not find air movers anywhere. Three local suppliers told me they had some after market or not really what I was looking for units coming in the next day etc. With tax they wanted 225-250 each. I called interlink supply and got these for 169 with free shipping. :D Well 1800 for fans is not great, but I can use them for all sorts of things.

topnotchman

Bill,

Why was the Dri-Eaz Santana line discontinued? I really liked the Santana SX's, lightweight, comfortable handle and stackable and they seemed a bit smaller in size too.

I keep forgetting to ask Claude lol

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I'm sure they'll cost $1000 a piece and I'm sure there will be a handful that will buy them and tell us price doesn't matter and we are all hacks for not having them. Then they'll be on ebay for sale.

Seriously, if that is truly the airmover in the pics above, ??.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So this "new" blower has the heater on it as well as tho old Viadri? If so, i will definitely buy them.
That's exactly what I was wanting in a blower I was talking about a week or so ago....viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35870

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
So this "new" blower has the heater on it as well as tho old Viadri? If so, i will definitely buy them.
That's exactly what I was wanting in a blower I was talking about a week or so ago....viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35870

No the one with the heater is the older version. The reason that there isn't an airmover/heater combo like you’re looking for is because of the electrical wattage/amperage requirements. Since you can calculate the amp requirements of an electrically powered product by dividing the wattage by the voltage and you either have 15 amp (12 amp continuous duty) or 20 amp (16 amp continuous duty) circuits.

So let’s take a simple 1500 watt heater like you use in your van during the winter that moves about 150 CFM. 1500 watts ÷ 120 volts =12.5 Amps or all the available electricity on a typical house circuit. Because the more air you move across a heater the more electricity required exponentially you just can’t produce an air mover like our industry needs to dry carpets etc. While heating a building component will help it release moisture faster you still need a volume of air at a significant velocity to dry fast.

Hope I made this clear and didn't confuse everyone. Thats one of the reasons the PrimeAir product didn't work well but not the only one. More on that some other time.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
does anyone have any specs on that triad unit??

I am actually needing to buy some new air movers myself and have been doing alot of looking around. I would like to buy axial type units ideally but flat out refuse to pay $400+ for one that should be priced at $250 and certainly less than $300, mytee has an attractive unit, however it doesn't put out that much air. I will give up the better performance an low amps of an axial to buy a snail unit for less than half the price. I can get the hydrforce/omni's for about 160 ish, I don't think they are as durable but the price means they can be replaced when they brake. spending the extra money on the x3 I personally don't feel it will last twice as long as the omni's.

I too also liked the santana units with the bone on the top for a handle, however they changed to a plastic wheel fan with the later units which made changing out the motors next to impossible. the metal fan units were very serviceable and could actually be worked on. the ones I have now are slowly dieing one at a time and need to be replaced, as drieaz has quit selling new motors for them.

if someone is reading this, make an axial unit that performs as good as the phoenix axial units, have daisy chain capability, stackability, easy to carry, make it durable price it under $300 and you will sell the crap out of them. there still is no reason for axial units to cost more than $400 bucks, noone has told me how they cost more and are that much harder to put together than a snail unit, gouging is taking place I say.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
R&D steve. The Triad is 1.48 amps 2700cfm a distributor with no moral compass sent bill those pics. The Triad will be coming out in 1-2 weeks. There is way more to the triad and how it integrates with the rest of the restoration line but until everything is right they won't be realeased. The Triad has been in development for many years. Anyone can make a snail airmover Prochem choose to start from scratch and spent the money to create something better.

Steve You'll be able to take a couple out on a couple jobs once they come in and you can decide for yourself.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

that sounds very exciting thanks for piping in john, that sounds like a ton of performance for the amps used I can't wait to check one out. It looks like a totally different type of fan unit that what I have seen, so maybe it does offer something that bill is overlooking.

one concern I have is the units look a little small, I have a slight worry it could be like the little small box ozone machines, they put out more ozone than the much larger machines that in some case take 2 guys to carry in the home, however to the customer that big machine is really doing somethng, kinda like the vortex mentality a few guys on here have. if the machine is too small looking the customer might question the value in how much they are paying for something. any ways that may be a mute point anyways.

Name
Lee Stockwell
2700cfm?

Given what appears to be a 4" x 12" snout opening it would need to flow air at the rate of 8100fpm to yield that.

Has anyone measured?

Thanks,
Lee

ps. I guessing a gross overstatement of flow?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
John
I'd be really careful if I was you about posting statements concerning the morals of other distributors in industry when you don't know the source of the photos. To suggest that this information is somehow confidential and distribution is unauthorized or restricted is not factual. The units became public at the Prochem dealer meeting as Im sure you know.

As for performance I am certain the truth will result in a significant difference.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We were very politely asked to wait And agreed TO NOT share any pictures until the ad campaign came out so yes I can and will question the character of the person who ran and emailed the pictures to you. I wouldn't have done that to you Bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John they must not have been too concerned, I have a picture of someone taking a camera phone picture of the units, right in front of everyone. :shock:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Before there is a call for a watergate type investigation by Prochem over this issue the person who shared the photos with me wasn't even at the event and I'm not the only person who has these pictures. Trust me Prochem might have wanted their ad campaign to have been launched first but I doubt their loosing any sleep over the fact that they are getting free press on Mikeysboard shiteatinggrin

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm sure no one is losing sleep over it but I grew up knowing a man is only as good as his word. Richard pics were fine it was just asked to wait 1-2 weeks before sharing the pics. Small thing but if someone can't be trusted with a small thing.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom