A past customer asked me if I would honor a coupon after job

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
used to tell my customers 29.50 per area but I had a 100 dollar minimum charge. If they wanted three rooms cleaned I got tired of saying well that is 88.50 but my minimum is a hundred dollars so I just said my minumum is a hundred dollars and that covers three areas etc. It just looks and sounds more professional. Whatever your pricing strategy is really doesn't matter as long as you and your customers are ok with it. If you are fine with it great. Greg I really could care less. Just admit it that it sounds more professional to say we have a 75 dollar minimum and that covers three areas and each additional area is 25 dollars rather than saying the first room is 45 dollars, 70 dollars for two rooms, but we have a 75 dollar minimum. Don't be so defensive. No one is criticizing your business. You have a good business. By the way you play in the big leagues. I just own the whole damn team. Play ball.
not everything fits in the box for me. It is very rare just to do rooms there is always stairs, halls , upholstery scotchgard, etc etc. The minimum has absolutely nothing to do with my pricing. The minimum is to protect me from losing money. I have different minimums as well depending on distance.

I am confused do you charge $33.33 for the first 2 rooms and $33.34 for the third? $133.33 for 4 rooms or $118 so the fourth room is $18. What is it do you charge $29.50 but $33.33 if they only get 3 and then the price goes down? I don't get it. Is the price negotiable

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
wheres that video of the couple that ate at a restaurant then when the bill came, told the waiter they didn't budget for it and couldn't they pay the same as the resty down the street with "similar" food

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
wheres that video of the couple that ate at a restaurant then when the bill came, told the waiter they didn't budget for it and couldn't they pay the same as the resty down the street with "similar" food

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY6]

duckster

danielc said:
This was my second time out and last time she spent 300 plus on rugs. I was shocked. Will I clean for her again? Yes I will, but I am going to 175 her carpet because she was so impressed with the Chem Dry coupon. If she asks about the truckmount, I will say the cost has gone up to 60 cents a foot and take it or leave it.

If she is a repeat customer and you average out the gross and net of both jobs, you may be OK at the coupon price this time but that is your decision as it is your business and you don't work for her or anyone else for that matter. But I probably would include a disclaimer from this point forward that any coupons must be presented prior to work being completed or that coupons are not applicable. Then I would require the customer to initial that to confirm you understands and agrees, signing at the bottom of the work order before any equipment comes off the truck.

Many companies in other industries require you give the coupon code when they are quoting or they will not honor it. This way, they can schedule their jobs appropriately, higher profits (those without coupons) get higher priority, low profits are backup jobs meant to fill in if the real money making jobs cancel or go south. That is not meant to say I do this because I don't, just to say this is the practice of some companies in other industries. Of course the coupon (not a photocopy of one) must be surrendered before work begins or it will not be honored.

Back
Top Bottom