A warm welcome to Judson Jones

harryhides

Name
Tony
Judson just registered here.
He is one of the original truck mount manufacturers from a long time before many of us started in this business in1970.

I hope he will tell us more about those early days.

Does anyone else here know Judson or have one of his TM's?

Let's hear it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
There are quite a few Judson owners in this area. They are a simple, well built machine and one of the machines that top my list as a possible future TM. Everyone I know that owns one has no complaints.

It would be interesting to hear more about Mr. Jones and how he got into the business. Welcome Mr. Jones!

Greenie

wow, Judson is here?

Those machines are the textbook definition of simple, lots of guys running them, I don't know about heat exchange, I think most are propane units.

They are private labeled under a few names for good reason, dependable, and affordable.

Rambo

It is one of the first truckmounts I ever saw mounted in the back of a small pickup truck at a trade show. Sunbelt USA has been selling them for years. Met Judson in the 80s, very knowledgeable guy.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
WoW! I was looking through a old Judson owners manual the other day.

Wish I could see one in person.

Great to have him here!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My first Truck mount was a Judson unit. Purchased that in 1976 from John Browning in Dickson, TN. It was a used machine.

I kept this until about 1988 or so. It was still running after my 14 years of use plus a few years by the original owner. The third owner replaced, the vacuum, the pump and the waste tank over the years, but the original frame with new parts is still in use.

I was a guest of Judson and his sons at their place in South Carolina many years ago (back in the early Master series days). Great folks.

Greetings, Judson.

Scott Warrington

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You bought a truck mount in 1976 Scott? I didn't think you were that ancient...Or did you buy it with newspaper route money?

You gave me an idea for a good thread...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jim Pemberton said:
You bought a truck mount in 1976 Scott? I didn't think you were that ancient...Or did you buy it with newspaper route money?

You gave me an idea for a good thread...

Cleaned my first carpet in 1968 using a Clarke shampoo machine I rented. The customer was happy and even gave me a referral. Expectations were not so high back then.

In 1976 had a commercial customer tell me his office in Chicago was cleaned with a truck mount. I could have his business if I bought a truck mount. That monthly account paid the majority of the payment on that first Judson unit.

Scott Warrington

P.S. I did get into this business after dirt had been invented, so I am not quite as old as Gary Heacock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom