Accelerated van roof hose mount

I saw a video of Duane demonstrating his hose reel mount. Looks pretty neat and would save a lot of space. Anyone using this?

Reactions: SamIam
The reel is only 200 feet and you can get taller more narrow version reels that naturally save space but with the mount he is advertising there would not be much space left from the floor to the reel. So with the taller 49" reel mounting t0 the floor probably would be best. Then just mount some holders from the ceilng to store broom or rakes etc. Any way to get in contact with him?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
In a standard van I can not see any reason to bother doing this..I looked at the space I have between the top of my reel and the ceiling of the van and all I am going to get under it is a few rakes.......

Might as well just hook the light weight rakes up top and forget it..............in a sprinter it would be an entire different story........

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Duane who? I didn't think he still made truckmounts or equipment because nobody ever talks about his anymore.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too much work with too little to gain in a standard van. You'd be better off mounting it to a box frame and keeping it on the ground. Have a welder make it up for you and it could give you room for small tools or small items.

F

FB7777

The primary gain in space is mentioned in the beginning of the video. Because the mounting brackets are on the ceiling instead of the floor , it can be mounted closed to the side wall with a net gain of 5 inches of floor space

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not on mine...I would still be in the same place just upside down because I would still be up against the wheel well...............

P9290960_zps5v2bldij.jpg

Reactions: FB7777
Name
Lee Stockwell
Duane has been interesting since I first met him.

Genius on one hand, great ideas and designs.

Disappointment on the other hand, missed opportunities and sales due to his spotty attention span.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been to several of his shops over the years, last time about 6 years ago. One time in '99 Jason was with me, we were hoping to get one or two of his machines. Duane's helper was there and Jason talked with him in Spanish for an hour or so while we waited for Duane. He said the workweek never got started until Wednesday.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Met him in Pensacola winter fest and used his pre spray until it didn't work once and look weird. Then everyone was saying he mixed his stuff in a wheelbarrow..

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Be nice to mount a reel on the outside of the back door .. just like the spare tires were on the conversion vans years ago .. you could even put a cover over it !!

Im thinkin having telescopic legs for when you open the door - you could drop 2 legs for support !!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Like marriages, after you've been through a few, you have to start looking at yourself as the problem.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom