Accelerated Video's on YouTube...

Name
Nate W.
Nice video's Duane... That Dominator TM looks to be a beast... Question: Where is the muffler for the kohler engine? I was always taught that the engine needs proper back pressure to operate correctly...

P.S.

The 80's called, they want there hair style back... :twisted: Just kidding... :D

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
very nice....

i am gonna have to question the temp though......i will shoot my own video and try and post it.....but when i hit 235ish at the wand, its popin and hissin like no other...steam vs water so how then do you hit 275 with out it being just live steam???

ill get it next week at this chinese place we unleash hell on

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
floorguy said:
very nice....
so how then do you hit 275 with out it being just live steam???

Thankyewvurymuch...

It was a first try. Definitely needs some polish and I needed a haircut. The next ones will be a lot better.

floorguy said:
so how then do you hit 275 with out it being just live steam???

Flow... With enough of it, the solution leaving the jets doesn't aerate as much on the way to the carpet.

He was running 12 flow...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Nate The Great said:
Nice video's Duane... That Dominator TM looks to be a beast... Question: Where is the muffler for the kohler engine? I was always taught that the engine needs proper back pressure to operate correctly...

It needs back pressure... up to 40" W.C. And it gets that from the length of the connection to the blower exhaust. The blower exhaust is over- sized... literally twice as big as necessary, so there's no issue with excessive back pressure developing over time.

Nate The Great said:
P.S.

The 80's called, they want there hair style back... :twisted: Just kidding... :D

Hey, if it's good enough for Trump, it's good enough for me. (Seriously, I did need a haircut in that vid.)

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Impressive performance and it does look easy to work on. There is a lot to like about the Dominator. I like the pump out, the push button burner on without flow, the easy change belts, the easy oil change (like my Powermatic), the no grease blower, the simplicity and performance.

It looks like the componants are much the same as the Steam Way Storm. I think the same motor and blower, but not sure. I believe the Storm uses a 5cp Cat pump instead of the 3cp, and the frame is all aluminum also.

Questions: What fires the fuel oil burner? Is it a 12 volt or 110? How long have you used this exact burner system? How long does the flow switch last? Does is fire with low flows for upholstery cleaning?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Is the filter box made to mount in the truck, or be portable. Is there latches on the lid if used porty.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Loren Egland said:
Impressive performance and it does look easy to work on. There is a lot to like about the Dominator. I like the pump out, the push button burner on without flow, the easy change belts, the easy oil change (like my Powermatic), the no grease blower, the simplicity and performance.

That's the gist of it. I used to clean carpets myself, for 8 years. So I have a "cleaners perspective". At the same time, we do the maintenance on the vast majority of the systems we sell. As a result, I make maintenance tasks as easy as possible to do. I literally design each system with that in mind.

Loren Egland said:
Questions: What fires the fuel oil burner? Is it a 12 volt or 110? How long have you used this exact burner system? How long does the flow switch last? Does is fire with low flows for upholstery cleaning?

The oil- fired system is 12 volts. (And it runs on a Kohler magneto output- no alternator / generator necessary.) We've been using it for about a year and a half now. The flow switch has 2 parts. The mechanical part lasts for years. The electric switch itself lasts for a couple of years on average.

It fires at just under 1 GPM. And we have upholstery tools in stock with adjustable jet- side bypass, to allow fine- tuning of how they interact with the flow switch.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Erik said:
Is the filter box made to mount in the truck, or be portable. Is there latches on the lid if used porty.

It's made to be positioned in the truck, preferably bolted down. There are no latches on the lid. They're not necessary for a vacuum seal and the vacuum hookups don't go through it, so they don't "fight" the seal.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I like the size of the Dominator. Looks like you can easily fit a reel on it's side to be used on the side door of a regular van and or a sprinter. Not too long ago, I remember Kevin posting the pics of his Transit with your TM? Do you mind posting those? Also, do you have any installs on high top sprinters? I'd like to see how both vans are fitted with the machine.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
tmdry said:
I like the size of the Dominator. Looks like you can easily fit a reel on it's side to be used on the side door of a regular van and or a sprinter. Not too long ago, I remember Kevin posting the pics of his Transit with your TM? Do you mind posting those? Also, do you have any installs on high top sprinters? I'd like to see how both vans are fitted with the machine.

Yes, that was a Dominator in Kevin's van. We haven't done oen in a Sprinter yet, so no pic's of one.

DSCN2121.jpg

DSCN2123.jpg

DSCN2118.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
mines a 15 flow....like i said ill take a "phone video" with the digital lie detector

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Loren Egland said:

The oil- fired system is 12 volts. (And it runs on a Kohler magneto output- no alternator / generator necessary.) We've been using it for about a year and a half now. The flow switch has 2 parts. The mechanical part lasts for years. The electric switch itself lasts for a couple of years on average.

It fires at just under 1 GPM. And we have upholstery tools in stock with adjustable jet- side bypass, to allow fine- tuning of how they interact with the flow switch.[/quote]

Couldn't you use a different flow switch that allows for low flow, such as a half gallon per minute so you could use any tool? I once tried a flow switch I got from a pressure washing store that would not work with my Hydrokinetic tool because it wasn't a low flow switch.

The reason I ask about how long you have used the heating system is because I seem to remember that both the Steam Way Mastermatic (similar to Storm) and the El Diablo tried the same thing to spark the heater and found them to be problematic, so they eventually went a different route.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Loren Egland said:
Couldn't you use a different flow switch that allows for low flow, such as a half gallon per minute so you could use any tool? I once tried a flow switch I got from a pressure washing store that would not work with my Hydrokinetic tool because it wasn't a low flow switch.

Loren, I don't know of one that's reliable. The ones we use have a long track record with very few problems. We tried one recently that was supposed to flow at .5 GPM, according to what I read online. When they got in, the literature said, "1.5 GPM", so I think that the Internet "quote" was wrong. And out of 4 that we got in, 1 was bad. So the whole thing wasn't so good, in my experience.

Loren Egland said:
The reason I ask about how long you have used the heating system is because I seem to remember that both the Steam Way Mastermatic (similar to Storm) and the El Diablo tried the same thing to spark the heater and found them to be problematic, so they eventually went a different route.

The burners we're using have been in production for quite a while, I'm told. (The company has been in business since the 1940's.) I asked our supplier specifically about their reliability and they said that they build burner systems using them and have been doing so for a few years, with no noticeable difference between the 12 volt versions and the others. (They did say that a few years back there were some problems, mainly with the ignitor, regarding the ceramic insulators not extending out far enough to keep the spark from jumping across to the heat sink. That was the only specific problem they mentioned and they said that it's been worked out.) So far, everything has been fine, regarding durability, from what I've seen.

There are at least two major burner manufacturers in the market. So maybe SteamWay and MasterBlend tried a different one, or tried one before technology came up to speed on them...

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The one on my Powermatic seems to work fine. I think it is a Flowtech, but I would have to go look and don't feel like it. I think it is over $200 as I recall. I changed from the cheap one that Steam Way started to put on these machines that always needed a new magnet every couple three months.

Sounds good if the 12 volt is reliable. Thanks.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Very nice and persuasive videos Duane.

No need to change anything. I like it that it is simple yet it demonstrates your points very well.

Those pictures are worth a thousand words.

I like it that it is not one of these slick promo videos. It shows the owner/builder/inventor and it shows your pride in it.

Dang!

I have a new sprinter and need a machine but using three kinds of gas seems like, well..... a drag.

Good work.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Loren Egland said:
I think it is over $200 as I recall.

$20 for a flow switch that's reliable with low flow tools...
:shock:

should of called Jeff

Steamway Express
www.steamwayexpress-ohio.com
3422 New Zoarville Road Northeast
Zoarville, OH 44656-9707
(330) 859-1011

he has an aftermarket flow switch that's a direct replacement ...that WORKS

Think I paid $70 bucks for it 4-5(?) years ago
Still works like a champ!

hey DooWayne, how many of your TMs with those 12vt burners on the road?
and for how long?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
meAt said:
Loren Egland said:
I think it is over $200 as I recall.

$20 for a flow switch that's reliable with low flow tools...
:shock:

should of called Jeff

Steamway Express
http://www.steamwayexpress-ohio.com
3422 New Zoarville Road Northeast
Zoarville, OH 44656-9707
(330) 859-1011

he has an aftermarket flow switch that's a direct replacement ...that WORKS

Think I paid $70 bucks for it 4-5(?) years ago
Still works like a champ!

hey DooWayne, how many of your TMs with those 12vt burners on the road?
and for how long?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

I wish I knew that a long time ago! Could have saved myself some money.

There you go Duane. Just what you need for that dominator beast.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Erik said:
Brushes on a 12 volt, ingniter problems 110 any day!!!

That was my concern. With only 2 out there in use for a short time. But if they work, they work. If I was in the market, I would feel more secure with 110.

Still like the Dominator machine though. Other than the equivilant Steam Way Storm, what is going to give you better heat with high flow in combination with unrestricted suction in a slide in truck mount? Maybe the Lunchpail if the 4 ht propane burner can match the fuel oil burner?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The only truck mount manufacturer making systems utilizing your choice of Heat Exchange, Propane or Oil- Fired heat.
NOT ANYMORE!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Okay...

Here is a rough draft for Predator Unleashed videos on YouTube. They have a couple of blemishes in it. For one, the oil- filter has a dent that we caused while moving it through a narrow dorway to the room we did the video in. For another, there was a disconnected hose underneath from where we changed fittings to re- route it and didn't re- connect it.

So, this one's a "no- go", as far as making it available to the public.
But I'd like to hear your thoughts on the basic presentation.

Is it too long? YouTube has a 10 minute limit, so, it's divided into two parts.

Is it too informal? It's totally natural and unrehearsed. I thought about being more formal, getting a polo shirt logo'd with our name to wear and going down an itemized list, etc.

Did I go into too much detail? Too little?

Is there something I missed explaining?

It's up there for 25 views, after which, I'll take it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... 6AP4ATDqLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... 0VYewcfhXg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Duane Oxley said:
Okay...

Here is a rough draft for Predator Unleashed videos on YouTube. They have a couple of blemishes in it. For one, the oil- filter has a dent that we caused while moving it through a narrow dorway to the room we did the video in. For another, there was a disconnected hose underneath from where we changed fittings to re- route it and didn't re- connect it.

Is it too informal? It's totally natural and unrehearsed. I thought about being more formal, getting a polo shirt logo'd with our name to wear and going down an itemized list, etc.

Duane,

Those videos are private, you have to make them public in the video settings once you log in so people can view them.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
Duane Oxley said:
Okay...

Duane,

Those videos are private, you have to make them public in the video settings once you log in so people can view them.

It works fine for me... My youtube stays logged in and it automatically plays when clicked on... Hope that helps you...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Nate The Great said:
tmdry said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... 6AP4ATDqLw[/url]

Duane,

It works fine for me... My youtube stays logged in and it automatically plays when clicked on... Hope that helps you...[/quote:1wfi8vda]

My youtube is not always logged in, but i get what you are saying. Some people might not be able to figure it out though, just easier if he makes the video public.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
Nate The Great said:
It works fine for me... My youtube stays logged in and it automatically plays when clicked on... Hope that helps you...

My youtube is not always logged in, but i get what you are saying. Some people might not be able to figure it out though, just easier if he makes the video public.

They snooze, they lose... :lol: Duane did say only 25 views... It was at 20 views last I checked...

Russ Goddard

Duane,

Personally I like the unscripted feel of the video. Obviously you know what you want to say and you get right to it, so it doesn't come across poorly at all.

I think the amount of detail was excellent for someone who is considering such a purchase. For those of us in (or who have been in) the business it is all relevant. The simplicity of design and ease of maintenance are major points. I didn't find it boring at all.

I think what's missing is seeing it run. At the end of the video that's what I'd like to see.

Yeah, you might want to invest in a nice logo'd shirt. :)

Thanks, I enjoyed watching all your videos.

Russ

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Russ.

Input like this is helping give me a sense of direction for improvement for the next ones.

I'll keep in mind the idea of seeing it run at the end.

One thing I've been "warned" about is making them too long. one of my friends with a professional advertising background has urged me to do the "Toastmasters" approach: Keep it short, simple and with only the major highlights, and under 5 minutes. I can't say all there is to say in 10, much less 5. But I do wonder if there needs to be some kind of 10 minute limit, etc.

I've been playing with the idea of an "overview video" as my friend suggests, then a "detail" video, for people who want more than an overview. And I've been considering one on how the heat system operates, one on maintenance, one on troubleshooting, etc. (In fact, I've been leaning in a specific additional direction that would, in essence, be an "Owner's Manual", that comes with the system, as well.)

The video thing is pretty intriguing. And now that I'm at completion with the Predator series systems, in terms of any upcoming design changes, it seems like a logical extension of effort to make them "more". And of course, the idea melds well with the other models, too.

Anyway, thanks again.

Duane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom