Accepting credit cards

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Any suggestions? I very rarely have the need so I would rather have a higher percentage and lower monthly charge. I was using intuits service but it was $48 a month.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Actually I should specify. I used to have a partner but am in the process of buying him out. He handled all of the books and he said it was intuits service but it may have been something that just integrated into quickbooks.

Name
I'm Rick James
I use square with great success. No monthly fee and below 3% per transaction. You will find out many on here uses the square setup.. like intuit it will hook up to your smartphone.

Billy

Name
BH
Did you look into Intuits Mobile GoPayment service? I think it only cost us $12.95 a mth(I consider this to be reasonable to still have a real Merchant account) if no charges are run for the month. The Batch, Discount fees etc are comparable to others even cheaper in some cases. We use a slider with our IPhones which has actually worked better than any other service we have ever used including QuickBooks with USB Slider.

It also still allows some integration with QB & the Mobile APP even has a Signature Pad with a GPS enabled Receipt available thru email or Text. All of our clients have liked it to because of how fast it is compared to old LapTop Way.

If you haven't closed your account it is a very simple process to change to IntuitMobile GoPayment.

Incidentally we also don't always have many CC Transaction but I would hate to loose any because we don't accept them. This Month we have close to $8,000.00 from one client.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well, heres the thing. My partner and I actually had 2 businesses. A carpet cleaning buiness and our primary business which is security system installation and monitoring. The carpet cleaning business while not closed, is on the back burner for right now (only servicing existing clients) while I get totally situated with buying out my partner.
That being said I mainly want to accept credit cards for the alarm monitoring. Which means I need it to automatically bill every month, quarter, or year depending on the customer. Mobile payments would be great too for installations. I looked into squareup and they dont do regular (monthly) billing. Does the intuit go payment? I will have to look into that. Thanks Again guys!

Billy

Name
BH
SRI Cleaning said:
Well, heres the thing. My partner and I actually had 2 businesses. A carpet cleaning buiness and our primary business which is security system installation and monitoring. The carpet cleaning business while not closed, is on the back burner for right now (only servicing existing clients) while I get totally situated with buying out my partner.
That being said I mainly want to accept credit cards for the alarm monitoring. Which means I need it to automatically bill every month, quarter, or year depending on the customer. Mobile payments would be great too for installations. I looked into squareup and they dont do regular (monthly) billing. Does the intuit go payment? I will have to look into that. Thanks Again guys!

I don't do it but in GoPayments there is a box for reoccurring payments. Intuit has GREAT CS you could just give them a call & ask some questions. GoPayments seems to do all I could before & I still have payment type options I can turn on & off when I want in the Merchant Account options.

None of my business but you do know you are only supposed to take cards for the business listed on your merchant account with a traditional Merchant Account that is?

Becker

Name
Becker
Billy said:
SRI Cleaning said:

I don't do it but in GoPayments there is a box for reoccurring payments. Intuit has GREAT CS you could just give them a call & ask some questions. GoPayments seems to do all I could before & I still have payment type options I can turn on & off when I want in the Merchant Account options.

None of my business but you do know you are only supposed to take cards for the business listed on your merchant account with a traditional Merchant Account that is?

If you are doing limited sales on carpet cleaning, then set up a square of gopayment account.. free, takes just a few minutes, and no fees unless you use it.

Depending on the service you will need a droid, apple or blackberry product.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like Square for simple carpet cleaning job payments. Customers like it too...No writing down the CC number etc.

I'm looking for something more versatile for overall credit card usage..Website Buttons, Recurring payments, Virtual Terminal etc....Maybe something with a smart phone app like the square with a swiper option...Keep it all under one roof.

I need to find something cheaper than what I'm using....maybe something with a better image than what I'm using. lol

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well I did look into it and it looks like go payment from intuit is my best option for the security company! And a squareup account for the cleaning business.

Becker

Name
Becker
Brian R said:
I like Square for simple carpet cleaning job payments. Customers like it too...No writing down the CC number etc.

I'm looking for something more versatile for overall credit card usage..Website Buttons, Recurring payments, Virtual Terminal etc.

I need to find something cheaper than what I'm using....maybe something with a better image than what I'm using. lol

Look into intuit with gopayments enabled.

I like it, I also use the option to have a link put on mailed or emailed invoices for direct payment to my bank account.. Only cost .50.

Take a look at it.. Fees are pretty standard. quick transfers of money, with proper reports statements etc..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I haven't looked very hard at all...I looked into Paypal to see what they had going on a bit.

I was with Intuit years ago....I need to check them out again.

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Seems like I have to have an online store to add credit card processing to my websites.

http://payments.intuit.com/all-products/

With my processor now I can just add buttons.

I'll have to call them and ask.

for $12.95 per month.....It beats the hell out of what I'm paying now. But I need those options.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
You actually don't need a phone to run gopayment. You can run it on a laptop. I like gopayment very much. Like Becker said, they have another option that prints links on invoices for direct payment. Any way to get paid faster sounds good to me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just found out that with the paypal terminal...The funds go into the paypal account instead of the checking account (need to do 2 transactions).

That a con.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Paypal is terrible for our business. They don't tell you up front but they will hold up to 33% of your transaction for 90 days when you use the virtual terminal. Their fees are also high.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom