Acid Etched Concrete

Willy P

Name
Willy P
What finish would be suggested ? I've got a 10,000 sf job coming up and need some advice.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Condo halls, they want some of the gleam factor. The old finish is pretty well gone in the ta's.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If they want a great shine and a maintainable finish, I would throw down two or three coats of Johnson's diversey fortify concrete sealer. Followed up by two or three coats of Johnsons signature. It should pop if the floor isnt too open or rough.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'll upload some pics tomorrow. Just finished another car dealership and I'm too bagged.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
101_0461.jpg

101_0458.jpg

101_0457.jpg

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Do you know what's the sealer now?. I'd just do a few more coats of that, at least there won't be any issues with adhesion.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I would just go with some of Johnson's Fortify. It will look great and it holds up well.

I would have to strongly disagree with putting Signature on it after Fortify. Unless they are going to regularly maintain it and high speed burnish it will scratch up and look like heck quick!

I've used Fortify for years on etched concrete and it performs very well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Albert Lazo said:
Do you know what's the sealer now?. I'd just do a few more coats of that, at least there won't be any issues with adhesion.

I agree, especially now that I see the floor. It would be in your best interest to try hard and find out what is currenty on the floor now, perform a heavy scrubb and lay Agee more coats down.

Unless they were unhappy with the way it looked when the last application of sealer was done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom