adding deodorizer to carpet protector

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I usually apply deodorizer on most carpet cleaning jobs especially when I include it for free with the purchace of protector. But applying two products that require wetting the carpet twice makes for longer dry times. Do any of you guys mix up a batch of deoderizer add the protector needed then apply? Was wondering if there would be any problems with performance.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Just get hardball protector scented. Never ever apply deodorizer then a protector. I mean never! Ur protector will not work u have been basically ripping off customers because its not doing anything. Chem reaction.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
some chemicals depending if they are anionic or cationic will not mix and create a nasty slime in your sprayer if mixed. I think protector and microban/ quats dotn play well with eachother

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
So if we were to use a deodorizer that mixed well with our protector wouldnt that be some thing like what hardball protector scented is?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
watched a cleaner add deo to scotchg while he was cleaning a neighbours. I just walked across the fence to say hello since I know the neighbour. Was thinking the same thing, the deo and protector would react and nullify, at the most the place will smell but the protectant won't be as effective. He was a cheap cleaner and just trying to shortcut.

There are some anionic deos out there, need to use those. It also means those would be safe on 5th gen carpets.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
If you use the correct fragrance,

it will not affect the fluorochemical protector.

George in New Mexico has us add some to his Ultraseal protector.

I do like the final result since it only lasts a couple of hours.

The fragrance we use is more like an additional solvent in the solvent-based protector.

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It you just want to add scent get some Perscent from Bane ($25). Very concentrated just a few drops per gallon. Adding a scent is not the same as deodorizing.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I recently switched back to Cobbs UltraSeal after using Hardball for a while.

Did a side by side test. Treated one paper towel with HB and the other with US.

Let them dry about 30 mins. Then ran water over both towels to see which repel water better.

Cobbs repeled water better in my test. Cobbs special fragrance is on par w HB.

Both cost about the same. Free shipping with Cobb if order over $400.

Both can be used to seal T n G.

Either one is a good choice.

HB has several fruity fragrences to choose from. UltraSeal is more of a Floral fragrence. Almost like a bouquet of roses.

Personally, I think the fruity fragrences smell great but I seem to get more complements on the floral scent.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
reason i am asking is that most of my customers want some kind of fragrance and from my understanding both deodeorizer and protector are usually offered as upsells in our industry. so what if the customer wants both? it sounds like unless we use one combined product like HB then we can only sell one or the other to customer. If a product like HB needs to be used then do i need to carry several diffrent HB fragrances? i like to give my customers a few choices. Also i dont like solvent based i rather water base protector. any input would be great. great board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom