Advertising question

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Are there any words, phrases, symbols etc. that would disqualify a company from getting your business when you're searching for a service. I have a couple in mind and was wondering if anyone had others. Mine would be as follows.

1. Claiming to be the best.

I leave this up to my customers to do for me and feel it looks pathetic when someone tries to pump themselves up artificially.

2. Using the "Fish" symbol

I feel this symbol is so damaged by people using it to make themselves look christianly only to be shown to be a dishonest POS. Been proven way too many times in my business life.

Please give your opinions.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Discount for new customers only, :evil: stops me from being a repeat customer

PCCN

Any ad that lists 250 different services. We have a couple of local guys who do everything from janitorial, painting, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, plumbing, gutter cleaning, house/siding washing, window cleaning, drain cleaning, driveway sealing, etc. If this were a huge company with specialized techs I could understand but these are 1 or 2 person companies and there is no way they can be good at everything. It's gotten me several jobs because customers see this "menu" on the other guys truck and turn them away.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I agree with you Doug.

My top 2 also.

A company saying they are the best. Doesn't mean squat.

And using the fish symbol seems like trying to profit from religion.

Not very Christian to me.

It is good to let your graphics and a beneficial headline to draw in viewers and then let your past clients do your selling and add credibility.

Able 1

Name
Keith
[center:1kpm4cw6]Lincoln Nebraska's Favorite Carpet Cleaners For over 25 Years[/center:1kpm4cw6]
[center:1kpm4cw6]"Service You'll Be Bragging About!"[/center:1kpm4cw6]

FredC

Village Idiot
royal.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
on topic....anything religious on a site...fish, bible quotes,

outside of holidays anyway....if its Easter, Christmas or similar I'll let it go.

anything "political"

not a fan of charity bragging

sales headlines don't really bother me .....except maybe "honest"...not sure why

any bios that end in "have a blessed day"...or similar

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Recently I inquired about a new type of vlm machine (Not John's Trinity) and I was given a bunch of religious videos to go along with the info I requested.

Now knowing he is a rabid cusser when drunk I was quite appalled at his hypocritical "Holier than thou" attitude. And I will not even consider doing any business with him.

Anybody who uses any form of religious bullshit to promote his business is spiritually corupt.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Christians aren't perfect.

I'll usually back off when I see a cowboy hat or hear a funny accent.

The zerorez guy really gave me the creeps...I just couldn't trust him.

Ok, serious (I was a little serious)

Sometimes you just see and ad etc and you just know....It's a feeling I get....Can't explain it.

I'll have to give it more thought.

Back
Top Bottom