Advice for pricing Hotel job?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
We were contacted by a hotel recently who'd like us to give them a quote. I've never done a hotel because most just want it done to cheap. This particular establishment said they didnt mind paying more for quality work. I'm not sure if I should price per room or by the Sq Ft like I normally do? I have listed some of the dimensions below. Any advice on how I should price this would be greatly appreciated.

65 rooms X 175 sq ft
25 rooms approximately 350 sq ft
approximately 4,300 sq ft of hallways

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welp..lets do it this way, Matt

first you need to know if you'll be moving any furnishings .
cause the rm may be "X" amount large, but the actual SF of carpets cleaned might only be "Y" amount if you don't have to move and replace anything

once that's established, use this formula
(if you know your average production rate)

how much you "need" to make to break even + how much profit you "want" to make X how ever many sf = how much to bid

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Does the owner wear a turbin and hallways smell of curry?

If so,

5 bucks per room and .07 cents s/f.

Jamesh921

Name
James
$10 for the smaller rooms
$20 for the larger rooms
.10¢ per sf on the hallways, lobbies, banquet rooms, etc...

65 rms = $650.00
25 rms = $500.00
4300 sf = $430.00

Total = $1,580.00

This would include moving a few chairs and a nightstand or two, but NOT the beds, armoirs, refridgerators or entertainment centers.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Jim's numbers are closer to what that market will bear.

You will have to sell them on your quality because others will definately bid even lower.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Did they offer you the "Honeymoon" suite? Or a couple bottles of really "good" wine. How 'bout the Jacuzzi room?

That was the last time (20 plus years ago) that I tried to price out a motel/hotel. It was an interesting coversation with Mr. and Mrs. Patel. Maybe motels are offering a few bucks now....I haven't been back to any of them.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
don't listen to these guys. hotel's will and have paid premiums for great reliable service. they are few and far between but they do exist.

gene

Jamesh921 said:
$10 for the smaller rooms
$20 for the larger rooms
.10¢ per sf on the hallways, lobbies, banquet rooms, etc...

65 rms = $650.00
25 rms = $500.00
4300 sf = $430.00

Total = $1,580.00

This would include moving a few chairs and a nightstand or two, but NOT the beds, armoirs, refridgerators or entertainment centers.

I would do it for 1500, run two tools, bring two helpers, knock it out, and leave with a check for 1500.

Yes I would only do it if I got paid at the time of service.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This particular establishment said they didnt mind paying more for quality work.
They all lie and if they aren't lying they mean .25-$1.00 more than the other guy.

There is money to be made if you can hustle, if they are willing block off all the rooms you can handle in a day, if they are willing pay you promptly.

We don't do any rooms but we have a several hotels where we yearly clean the lobby, halls, entry's .12sq/ft for low moisture.

We use the Cimex and Orbot, dries fast, no hoses or trip hazards, looks great. With OP you could knock the rooms out in 5-minutes, no more than 10-minutes for the larger rooms.

HWE would be easy cleaning but a real pain in hose management and probably not worth doing at a discounted rate unless you really needed the work.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would do it for 1500, run two tools, bring two helpers, knock it out, and leave with a check for 1500.

Yes I would only do it if I got paid at the time of service.

having 3 people there all day, possibly more because no way in hell are they going to have all 65 rooms open and waiting for you for $1500 is so far from "knocking it out" it aint funny.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I've done a Best Western that is 3 story, has 52 rooms, do all halls, offices, meeting rooms, stairs and exercise room.

Running 2 wands, we start around 9:30 and be done by arund 5:00. That includes 30-45 minutes for lunch.

Total price = $960.00

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been working for the local New Delhi Inn.
$10.00 a Rm, $2.50 a small chair, $.10 a sq in the halls.
I started encaping as much of it as I could.
It’s nothing to brag about, but you can make money if you’re efficient.

Able 1

Name
Keith
ACE said:
I have been working for the local New Delhi Inn.
$10.00 a Rm, $2.50 a small chair, $.10 a sq in the halls.
I started encaping as much of it as I could.
It’s nothing to brag about, but you can make money if you’re efficient.

Why would you do that? If you guy's are willing to do that... contact HI-tech cleaning in New Y ork, and you can still get the same shit pay to bust your nuts, but they get you the jobs.. :roll:

Able 1

Name
Keith
No, a grand in a day is GREAT, but not if your killing yourself doing it(been there done that).... Once you set up it's just constant wanding if you can just send out your guys that might be OK.. Not to mention there will normally be people in the rooms on the floor your on so you might have to set up again :twisted: and again :evil: .. I just put in a bid for 203 couches and 203 chairs and it wasn't low for a high end hotel if they take it great if not that's OK also, but as I'm cleaning it won't feel like I'm being taken advantage of. They told me there price on replacement and it was 150,000 but they have let it go so long doing nothing(instead of doing 1 floor a year) all there number look staggering, not my fault.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've told this before of the hotel I do twice a year. 3 floors,32 to 38 rooms per floor. they block out 1 floor each Monday for 3 weeks. Take the hoses up to middle room on each floor, come through the window. Go to far end, work back to the middle. Go to other end, back to the middle. Helper moves 2 chairs onto bed, cranks a.c., presprays room and props door open with sprayer, comes back to me to pull hose. When I go into room with wand, he takes sprayer to next room to prespray. Before they added on 8 rooms per floor I did this job twice by myself. I was done in under 4 hours. Now with help and the extra 8 rooms per floor it takes about 5 hours each time. Helpers don't save me much time but I'm slowing down. $20 for regular rooms and $30 for suites and $150 per hallway. 3 sets of stairs at $75 each. 1 set only goes to the second floor. Just under $3000 for about 15 hours of work. We do the first floor hall on the first week and the 3rd week. It just won't come clean. I post pad the 1st floor hall sometimes and the pads are black. I also do the tile and grout in the lobby. They have no problem paying what I ask. I would go in there prepared to explain your quality for about 20 minutes until they say Ok you're hired, then give them your price.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Motels are almost always cleaned on mondays when 90%, or more, of the rooms are empty.

Setting up "one time" and cleaning all day is sometimes more profitable than running from job-to-job all day setting up several times and spending all that $3+ per gallon gas - especially when you live in the sticks - like me.

Eric Scofield

Name
Eric Scofield
I had the SantaCruz Boardwalks three hotels at 65.00 a room and 75.00 for larger rooms. Red dye extra. Then one day some asshole with a busted ass stem genie learned a little English. Now he cleans them for a waping 10.00 a room.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
had one on the ocean like that until the old man died and the kids took over. they fired everybody including the desk help and hired cheap. i notice during the season its not as busy as before.

gene

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We cleaned a Holiday Inn Express with a Cimex. 95% of the rooms, halls, dining area. It took 3 Mondays from 8-11:30 am and we made $1,700. The local Best Western Motel only wanted to pay me $16\per room (hwe) and just had 5 he wanted to clean and none next to each other - no thank you very much. I told him to call my competition 50 miles away! He hasn't called be back. I wonder if he rented a rug doctor when he found out how much he would pay for travel?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You don't clean with a cimex.

You tell them it's clean and you collect an easy paycheck.

But you don't clean doing the scub N' run.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jimmy you forgot it also looks clean too.

So it looks clean........and you tell them you cleaned it........and they pay you for it...... and it stays clean looking and doesn't resoil. You're happy, they are happy, who is not happy? :?:
Ivebeensold

Back
Top Bottom