advice needed

ARSuarez

Too long. It's been proven statistically that long load times actually lower your response.
I'd say no to this one. If you want to find a designer, find someone who knows how to build the website for profit and conversion, not to win an online beauty pageant.

Regards,

Angel

Mikey P

Administrator
Other than the slow loading I think it would be perfect for your type of biz

Flashy, assumingly professional but not a whole lot of confusing content.

See if they can ditch some of the cute animations to speed it up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I get click happy and give up when waiting to load unless I am really interested in the information.

Even when I do stay because I'm interested, I am irritated that it too soooo long to pull up.

However in the example once loaded it was really sharp.

Very creative, I liked it, if only something could be done about the wait.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
How did I know Richard would be one of those "in a hurry guys". Slow down and you'll get more.

:wink:

Take care,
Lisa

minuteman

The first time I went to the site it was a slow load, the second time was real quick and showed & did everything you wanted it to. Very nice.

Greg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
http://www.behr.com/Behr/home# This site is an example of elegance in gimmickry.

If the ATL designers are new to the business and excited about all the cool things they learned in school I'll cut them some slack. Otherwise they get an "A" only for arrogance. Professional web designers know that the button clicked faster than any other is the "skip intro" and that isn't even an option here. Very few people will sit still while your site takes control of their time, they'll just move on. If they have to use the site to contact you, they'll be extra grouchy by the time they wade through the junk to get the information they need.

I waited for the load only because others had warrned of it, but the payoff was simple animations and still little information without having to click on something else. Clicking on something else gives you more of the same, so my visit was about 15 seconds longer than the site took to load. Saying it loads faster after cookies are in place on my computer doesn't matter, because it is unlikely that anyone that didn't have to do business with you would give the site a second chance.

Information first, gimmicks second. Or even better, information first, gimmicks at the discretion of the site user. You'll find a lot of owners of formerly gimmicky site have learned that lesson and gone back to simpler formats.
Good luck!

PS: This is a good example of information first: http://www.callprocarpet.com/

rick imby

Name
Rick
Flash sites do not SEO well at all. There has been a lot of SEO work done on ATL roofs.

They do not come up in the top 200 sites if you put in Atlanta Roofers---Pathetic site. I couldn't wait for the website to load, I am assuming they are wanting to rank for Atlanta Roofing, Atlanta Roofer,

They are paying for Google adwords on both of those keywords but their website does not show up.

Rick--I make my living with SEO---I clean carpets as a hobby---yes I am strange but if you are on this forum so are you.

Rick

rick imby

Name
Rick
I just checked out your www.callprocarpet.com website and I would say you need some major SEO help with it also.

You do not come up in the top 100 for Atlanta Carpet Cleaning. Who was the -----nevermind

I cannot believe you have not invested in SEO help for your website.

For a whole lot less than what you are paying on Google Adwords I could get your site to rank in the top five for "Atlanta Carpet Cleaning, Atlanta Carpet Cleaner, and other keywords you should be attacking.

It takes time but the payback in your case could be very high.

Rick

Missoula Green Carpet Cleaning

put in Google-- Missoula Carpet Cleaning, Missoula Carpet Cleaner, Carpet Cleaner in Missoula, Carpet Cleaning Missoula--- Number one to Number three for all those keywords.

Those are the results you need not some pretty Flash website that will stroke your ego and empty your pockets and you have to drive traffic to it with Google Adwords....

This website was in the top 5 for all those keywords within two months. It is only 7 months old now. Yes Missoula is only a market area of 100,000 so not the same as Atlanta but in a Year I know I could have you in the top 5 for several keywords you want to rank for.

A website that is not in the top 10 for your chosen keywords is not worth paying for.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Rick, not for nothing but your site is optimized for one city and one service. Though I don't doubt your skills, most of us don't have that luxury.

A little bit of bling followed by good copy and seo is best, at least for me.

Albert

rick imby

Name
Rick
Albert Lazo said:
Rick, not for nothing but your site is optimized for one city and one service. Though I don't doubt your skills, most of us don't have that luxury.

A little bit of bling followed by good copy and seo is best, at least for me.

Albert

Albert---I just looked up your site I only found you in the top ten results for tile and grout in one city and not in any with carpet cleaning. Nice site by the way.

A good bit of SEO on your site could go a long way.

Rick

What is it worth to you to get in the top ten for just one city? How about top ten for 5 cities?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Yeah, carpet cleaning sucks for me. I was doing real well with my old site in most keywords until I had to redirect it (left a cd franchise). I lost a lot of my link partners. I've put more time into "marble polishing" "marble cleaning" which does well in most cities. I do some free advertising in olx and backpage as well. A bit of pay per click as well.

I need a handful of good link partners.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom