Advice on Marble Cleaning

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I tried to post this early this morning however it didn't go through. Cleaning a clients marble entry here in about 2 hours. She ask me to polish it and I told her we didn't do that currently and didn't have the necessary equip. She got a quote from company out of Louisville for 1 k, so she just decided to have it just cleaned instead.

My question is this, is there anything I can do after cleaning to improve the overall look of the marble?

P.s. I know the cleaning procedures for marble I was just wandering if there was anything else I might be able to do.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Stop by your supply house and pick up a set of monkey pads and give me a call.

i am not anywhere near a pro but with monkeys and a cheap budget ( on customers side) you can still make 400-500 in two hours with the monkeys. We just tell the customer that a full on restoration is very costly but we can do a maintenance polish with results for a discounted rate.

most of the time it is a yes!

pinosan

Name
Martin
I tried to post this early this morning however it didn't go through. Cleaning a clients marble entry here in about 2 hours. She ask me to polish it and I told her we didn't do that currently and didn't have the necessary equip. She got a quote from company out of Louisville for 1 k, so she just decided to have it just cleaned instead.

My question is this, is there anything I can do after cleaning to improve the overall look of the marble?

P.s. I know the cleaning procedures for marble I was just wandering if there was anything else I might be able to do.

There some factors that need to be taken in consideration before one gives you advise on marble polishing specially if you need to do it in a budget to
beat someone else's price.

1. conditions how is the marble. is it scratched. is it dull in the traffic areas and shiny on the edges?
2. what color is it

With that information you can determine what is it you can do next to improve the appearance of the stone.

For example, black, green brown marble when dull in the traffic areas, will need to be polished with diamond pads all the way to at least 3500 grit.
If you only do a powder polish you will end up with the same appearance if not worse.

give more info and if possible put some pics of the floor.

I'm sure there was a reason why the other company charged what they charged.

marble is not rocket science but it can get you in deep crap if you don't know what you are dealing or how you are dealing with.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Martin is right on the money when he says you need to know the condition of the floor before you can state what must be done to improve the appearance.

It may be as simple as 1 or 2 grits of Spinergy pads / Monkey pads. You may need to go through several grit levels of Spinergy pads or it may need a combination of pads and polishing.

Here are some photos to show what different grits of Spinergy pads can do. I think I will have to make two posts to fit them in.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
No what condition the marble is in after cleaning and know what level of gloss you want to reach. Then you can determine what grit to start with and when to finish.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom