AeroTech - (vac) collector box mod?

D

Dustin

I was going to purchase a 4 to the door set up then heard A/T has a mod that takes that idea further?

Anyone else familiar with this? If so and have pictures I would love to see it!

Thanks

D

Dustin

this is the way I look at it

If I was to buy a Ferrari, would I drive with the E-Brake on? Or use cheap walmart tires?

Why restrict the monster when you can cheaply let it breath! :)

As a single operator I dont want to stop to move fans around. If I can get almost immediate dry times, why not?
I advertise super fast dry times. Its one extra way to separate myself from the crazy amount of cleaners in my city.
J/K

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
You don't need 4 to the door. We run 2.5 from the waste tank that hooks to a Y... I think this is what you're talking about. It's allowing you to utilize all 5 inches of air flow from the tank and push it all through 1 2.5 vac line. Unless of course you're dual wanding.

Joe Bristor gave me the parts to make this.

D

Dustin

bensurdi said:
You don't need 4 to the door. We run 2.5 from the waste tank that hooks to a Y... I think this is what you're talking about. It's allowing you to utilize all 5 inches of air flow from the tank and push it all through 1 2.5 vac line. Unless of course you're dual wanding.

Joe Bristor gave me the parts to make this.

Talked to A/T on friday :)
Its a fairly new mod that changes over the vacuum header bar to a hew ' H ' style hookup.
If single wanding just leave one of the ports blocked off and run your 2.5 straight from that, no Y needed.
If interested I can post a pic of Vlad's drawing !dork!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dustin said:

your not going to get anymore out of that thing then what you are getting right now.....

but if you make the changes..your going to here a different air pitch and you are going to think that you could suck a chevy truck threw it....

but your dry times are not going to change enough to warrant the modification............

I ran 4 to the door with the Vortex for 4.5 years...and now a thermalwave....and I get the exact same dry times...with my thermalwave with 3 inch running from the filter box to the waste tank....2.5 off the waste tank..and reduced down to 2 inch to the wand...

D

Dustin

Jim Martin said:
Dustin said:

your not going to get anymore out of that thing then what you are getting right now.....

So you don't think running a Y or this mod will get any better dry times then just a single hose?

vacuumheader.png

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dustin said:
Jim Martin said:
Dustin said:

So you don't think running a Y or this mod will get any better dry times then just a single hose?

vacuumheader.png

nope...its your money...try it if you think it will but..if your using a 2.5 already...its not going to get any better then that...

this was my Vortex set up..4 to the door right off the truck...

IMG_3389.jpg

my thermalwave..has a 2.5 port on the filter box...

IMG_5086.jpg

I can hook up 25 to 50 foot of my 2.5 if I have a longer run...and reduce it down to 2 inch..

IMG_5203.jpg

if the run is not so long then I just pull the 2 inch and hook the reducer straight to the box...

IMG_5205.jpg

my dry times are just as good as the Vortex/AT's....and I never run my machine on high....medium only...

you just aren't going to gain as much as you think...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dustin said:
Jim Martin said:
Dustin said:

vacuumheader.png

That is a loaded question with a lot of variables.

I don't think it will give you a measurable difference in dry times but it will "improve" the air flow when it hit the x area in the tubing. All it is doing is letting the air and water choose its path by way of least resistance and increase the area of the tubing. Also depending you setup it is "moving the truck" closer performance wise, to the job. easing up the workload by keeping you total hose size to 5 inches all the way to your 2.5 hose outside of the truck.

The scenario where you will see the biggest increase in performance will be extracting large volumes of water and when you are dual wanding, you will also see an increase in performance again due to the whole path of least resistance and combined tube size.

You can also achieve the same thing with a 2.5 y setup like Jim posted only it will only help with single wand operation. Also you will have some additional setup and takedown time on every job.

I also have found the x to be useful in catching rags and such when an accidental intake of such has happened.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom