Air King, Air King Plus, Worldwind Mini Air Mover

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Which one of these 3 is the best for fast drying UPH, quieter than most centrifugal/axial air movers, and less weight?

The third picture is the Worldwind Mini Air Mover with the optional heater attached.

We do condos, and it's a PITA to carry standard size movers around.

ac081_airking_lg.gif

ac082_airkingplus_lg.jpg

OE-MAMH2-EA.jpg

Luke

A couple of years ago I was at the HydroLab and Kurt related a story about a restorer using the third kind of fan w/heater attached. Started a fire in the clients home. I seem to remember him saying the fan and/or heater was not UL approved. I have one of those and I only use it in my shop. I have some of the first kind and I use them all the time to dryout closets or short sections of wall.

Luke

Sorry, just noticed you were asking about UPH. Any of the three would be fine. The first type puts out more air than the third.

LeeCory

Yes Mark Wichern one of the trainers at Boldens said he started a fire in a crawl space with that fan with the heater. He said when he contacted the company they told him to go screw himself.

They want everyone to know NOT to purchase from that company.

Bob Foster

I have 5 of the top ones you are showing. The are excellent for upholstery or spot drying. They also don't take up much room in the truck. You will also find them under the Stanley name and those are yellow colored which I prefer for safety-visibility reasons. They have a thinner power cord on them otherwise they appear to be and sound the same.

The only problem is that they don't stand up too well. The handles split easy if they are dropped (3 out of 5 so far) and the cords have come out of their keepers rather easy.

What's not clear on that picture is that top two pictured are two different sizes. I would like to find something more durable for small drying jobs.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Yea someone told me about the Stanley ones that are like $35 bucks at Walmart. So you are saying they are just as good at the Air Kings? Just wanna make sure if i get something at half the cost it will do it's job and not break down.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am told that the Stanley units have the same motors and fans and deliver the same amount of air. The Air King and Air King plus (larger of the two similar units) both have a heavier electric cord and heavier plastic housing. Less chance of over-heating, starting a fire, breaking a handle, etc.

Scott Warrington

Bob Foster

I don't own any of the large ones and if I order anymore I will order the larger ones. I know someone who has a couple and I can see they definitely are more solid.

Does Interlink care them?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bob Foster said:
I don't own any of the large ones and if I order anymore I will order the larger ones. I know someone who has a couple and I can see they definitely are more solid.

Does Interlink care them?

Yup, i got the pics from the site i believe.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The Stanley model you get from Sams Club (wal-mart) work well but after using them for a few hours you can feel the wind speed has slowed. We have 3 of them just for the shop floor and its like the longer they run the slower they spin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom