Alex, what's your take on TMs?

Bob Foster

PTO or Slide-in?

Dual wanding?

What have you owned, why don't you own it still?

What do you own?

What will be your next one?

How many trucks do you run?

Are you one of them fiddiepacent guys? (do you sub some of your work out)

You running high flow?

2.5?

Please name your favorite supplier and worst supplier and why.

Do you worship or dispise gurus? Why and who?

Not that I'm stirring up shit or anything....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Alex....

I see you lUrKinG.... !gotcha!

Answer BOB .."If you will ?.........

InQuIrInG MinDs..."Want to Know...." :!:

Alexarz

Bob, I have only owned ProChem units because they have an aluminum frame (I was told that Hydramaster is iron) and my distributor told me that they seem to be the most reliable and provide strong customer support. I have a Peak as well as an Everest 650HP.

I recently bought a Dodge Sprinter in order to set it up with a portable for duct cleaning, upholstery cleaning and some carpet cleaning. To my surprise, I have been able to modify the portable to have enough vac power that I can clean carpets with it and get about the same results that I get with the truckmounts. The portable I have has about an 800 PSI pump, three 3 stage vacuums inside and an additional 3 stage vac booster that replaces the screw on lid. It has been an overwhelming joy and success to use. I have a Pile Lifter vac in the van as well as a new RV360i. The Sprinter gets about double the fuel economy that my GM vans get (I have two GM vans with the tm's in them) and because I am not using a gas powered truckmount when using the Sprinter, it is saving me loads of money each week. The Sprinter gets nearly 30 mpg highway, 24 mpg overall. It is an amazing van and I will NEVER buy another american made van as long as these are available in this country. The quality of driving is amazing, great steering precision, handling, turning radius, road feel, visibility, comfort and so on.

I cannot compare truckmounts since I have not owned other brands but the Prochems have been very reliable with their only shortcoming being the short lived belts.

Dual wanding with the Everest can be wonderful on the right jobs but they are few. It's a nice setup to have but not to use everyday.

If I were to add a 4th van, I am not sure which way I would go but I would probably add another Sprinter/ portable setup or maybe a Genesis/Sprinter. Right now, I have enough truckmounts for my business so I don't think I will be buying another one very soon. I have about 5 RDM's, 3 RX20's and one RV360i that I just bought a few weeks ago.

I don't sub any work out and gear my business for a top quality image. I am completely honest with my customers and it works out very well. I don't feel that there is any need to play games or deceive consumers to make money.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
As much as I HaTe to say IT...... :oops:

This YankEE is growing on me..........................................................

Bob Foster

Thanks for the answers.

Now please answer the juicy questions that you haven't answered yet. !gotcha!

Alexarz

In my opinion, truckmounts should be quieter. This is one area that I feel should be improved. With my portable setup cleaning as well as my truckmount setup, the biggest advantage is merely the setup ease of a truckmount. The question is, is this worth adding such a humongous machine in your van and the 1000 pounds that comes along with it?

Truckmounts have certain advantages and I would say that ultimately, our businesses would benefit by having equal amounts of portable/truckmount vans. Yes, the portable I have is that good. I measured it at 270 cfm and am waiting for a lift meter that I ordered. I use the Mytee electrical adapter that splits the dryer outlet into two 20 amp 115 outlets. It's a nice, foolproof setup. I even have the option of adding another inline booster for another 100 cfm, reaching 370 cfm's, if necessary. I cleaned the carpets in both of my houses with this setup and drying time was equal to the truckmounts (no dryers used). Cleaning quality has been perfect.

Alexarz

My favorite supplier is my local distributor, Crown Cleaning Supply. The owner, Doug is a great guy and lets me try any piece of equipment that I want to try, which is how I realized how good the RDM was. Based on what I heard, I never would have owned one otherwise but after he let me try one, I found out the truth. He also discounts all major pieces of equipment. I also like David at Crown, his #1 assistant, who has a sharp knowledge of equipment and chemicals.

I don't worship any man, guru or otherwise. I don't advocate the american culture (although not exclusively american) of worshipping coked out Hollywood queers and ghetto sports degenerates. I believe that some of this is at the foundation of our demise as a country.

I believe in God but not the religious interpretations of him. I choose to define him on my own terms rather than follow a religion.

Is that enough?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ok Ladies....He is FO ReaL... :!:

Doug @ Crown in Orlando...is a Great Disty....Great service DepT Also... 8)
They replaced a PTO shaft in my Butler about 9 years ago...1st class outfit.. :!:

NOt many Disty's...will push off a NEW install to help out cleaner that is an hour & 1/2 away.

Alex..YOU KEEP YOUR ARSE in Orlando... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I don't NEED any REAL competition in my AREA..." :p

Alexarz

Any female who resembles Beyonce, middle eastern or otherwise, is ok with me, even if her last name is Patel.

Alexarz

Rajesh, when I see golf courses, I think dirt bikes not golf clubs. It would be a disaster.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Alexarz said:
Yes, the portable I have is that good. I measured it at 270 cfm and am waiting for a lift meter that I ordered.

I would think that 3 3 stages could give you more than 270 cfm. How far were you measuring from the machine?

Alexarz

goomes said:
Alexarz said:
Yes, the portable I have is that good. I measured it at 270 cfm and am waiting for a lift meter that I ordered.

I would think that 3 3 stages could give you more than 270 cfm. How far were you measuring from the machine?
The 3 internal vacs are in series. It has four 3 stage vacs in all, 3 internal and one booster. If I put the vacs in parallel, it would be well over 400 cfm's but would be low on lift.

Name
Jesse
What form of testing provided 270cfm as a result? Did you have hose on the machine? How much? What size? Did you try different hose lengths?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Which model and year sprinter did you get?

That's my next van...I agree with your comments about it up top.

Alexarz

What is a Judson?

I measured the cfm's with a gauge, about 5' of hose coming off the portable and a 3.5" funnel on the end with the instrument fan centered in the funnel.

Alexarz

tmdry said:
Which model and year sprinter did you get?

That's my next van...I agree with your comments about it up top.
It is a 2005 Sprinter 118 wheelbase (the shortest one). It's perfect for a portable setup. From what I have been told, The newer generation Sprinters with the V6 diesel are not nearly as fuel efficient, getting about 5 mpg less.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Careful Alex, Harpro started liking me and now I can't get rid of him. :mrgreen: He likes all my pink parts.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would need a long wheel base and high top sprinter, I'm 6'5. The high mileage ones are still in the 20k range, I know they're not coming down, that should be a good thing, but can't afford one just yet. I kinda like the 07+ models, the headlights look great on them. But wouldn't complain if I had a 05 either. :mrgreen:

Alexarz said:
What is a Judson?

I measured the cfm's with a gauge, about 5' of hose coming off the portable and a 3.5" funnel on the end with the instrument fan centered in the funnel.

Whats a Judson?......you gotta be kidding me...I knew you were a POG or GH.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
C Pennington said:
Alexarz said:
What is a Judson?

Whats a Judson?......you gotta be kidding me...I knew you were a POG or GH.

Did you ever get the recoil from the guy on the other board?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom