alright SEO experts....?

Mikey P

Administrator
Local realtor contacted me.... here is the conversation...

Mike & Paula,

Sorry for the delay… Give me a call, we would like to schedule carpets cleaning in December.

Would you like to be a preferred vendor for ADR? We just launched a new website and I would like to put a link to your site on it. Can we get a link from your site to my ADR site?

Send me your info so I can put it on my site.

Thanks,

Give my office a call when you have a date, Saturday would be best.

The Preferred Vendor deal sound great. Please use http://www.santacruzclean.com

and what address do you want me to use for you?

Thanks Don!

Ok your link is up and running at

Can you put my link on page http://www.santacruzcarpetcleaning.com/ at bottom right next to carpet cleaners

Here is my info= Search Santa Cruz Homes (linked to http://adrhomes.com)

Thanks, see you Saturday

Good timing

I was just going to email you to confirm for Saturday..

I am able to put your link on this page.. http://santacruzclean.com/blog/carpet-cleaning/

Hey, did you still want to get your home cleaned before the xmas?

Thanks Don!

Unfortunately that page is not going to work for us… Here is another option

http://santacruzclean.com/about.html

at the bottom below
Click here to read the June 10, 2006 article in the Santa Cruz Sentinel,
"Biodiesel station opens on Soquel Avenue"

You can keep my company name off the page… and use link as I provided below.

Let me know if that works,

So why would his link help him on one page but not on the other?
Who the hell would see it where he wants it anyways?

FredC

Village Idiot
pagerank...the two pages they want to be on are 3/2 page rank (homepage best)....the page you offered /blog/carpet cleaners is 0(it is "worth" less)

their site homepage is 3....but the page you are on is 0 (pages/1501669/Local-Links.aspx)

It adds more credibility/authority/link juice (in theory) to their site if you are linking to them from a higher PR page....in turn they are not "leaking" juice by putting the link to you on the PR0 page......so they have a net gain......more so since their link to you is "nofollow"

its a shitty trade really and...

I'm not a fan of reciprocal linking....but there may be more to it in this situation............if you get work from them it may be a good trade but since their placement of your link is an uncategorized link page I doubt you will....I would offer a contextual link in a blog post and thats it (like you have)..........0 for 0 PR but your link to them would still be of more value than theirs to you....unless they are otherwise going to market your company/ preferred vendors (which of course they will say they are/will)....cause I just don't see folk going through that page to find a CC company so a link from their site doesn't provide any benefit

plus 1 more line and your off 1st screen

So the answers are:

More ""link juice" is directed to his site from a higher PR page like your homepage or about page. In turn they only have to give you a link with minimal if any SEO value and play on your hopes that you will get work from them

That isn't the point of this exercise

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you want to swap links. I think you would be better off to develop three way links. So, it's not a direct swap.

Name
Damon
Is PR still considered a good gauge?

I think I read something a while back saying it's a bit dated now.

What do you think?

Thanks for the info, Fred.

FredC said:
pagerank...the two pages they want to be on are 3/2 page rank (homepage best)....the page you offered /blog/carpet cleaners is 0(it is "worth" less)

their site homepage is 3....but the page you are on is 0 (pages/1501669/Local-Links.aspx)

It adds more credibility/authority/link juice (in theory) to their site if you are linking to them from a higher PR page....in turn they are not "leaking" juice by putting the link to you on the PR0 page......so they have a net gain......more so since their link to you is "nofollow"

its a shitty trade really and...

I'm not a fan of reciprocal linking....but there may be more to it in this situation............if you get work from them it may be a good trade but since their placement of your link is an uncategorized link page I doubt you will....I would offer a contextual link in a blog post and thats it (like you have)..........0 for 0 PR but your link to them would still be of more value than theirs to you....unless they are otherwise going to market your company/ preferred vendors (which of course they will say they are/will)....cause I just don't see folk going through that page to find a CC company so a link from their site doesn't provide any benefit

plus 1 more line and your off 1st screen

So the answers are:

More ""link juice" is directed to his site from a higher PR page like your homepage or about page. In turn they only have to give you a link with minimal if any SEO value and play on your hopes that you will get work from them

That isn't the point of this exercise

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't necessarily place any value on PR as calculated...............but i do use the underlying principles........because that is part of what google "is"

not sure that answered your question though............

...PR is still a good indicator of the "authority" a page has in googles eyes (whether by coincidence or design at this point) ...................and links from pages with more "authority" seem to benefit the sites they link to to a greater degree (more to it)

G

greentech

Use chrome and get the free SEO plugin.

A little button next to the tool icon.

On any page you can get the pagerank and other info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom