Alternatives for Dusting Grids?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Have anyone here ever come up with an alternative to "Dusty's" dusting grids?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeff Bishop had plastic grids when Dan took his and Ruth's class several years back. They were much nicer, easier to handle and safer on the rug. Dan had the info at one time but I've looked and can't find it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's what they were using in the class Dan attended. Randy even those cause damage?

I like those a whole lot better that POS grid that's sold with the badger.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Rhyde,
I think this might be the ticket, I have a sample coming.

Appreciate it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't hate him but I would have appreciated a better grid that that razor sharp POS I was sold.

I also didn't appreciate the constant stream of emails trying to sell me another system and wringer. I bought one, I don't need multiples, I finally had to block his emails they were rentless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack May

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We don't use dusting grids we found they damaged some rugs and didn't provide that much of a benefit Vs. the hassle

Randy,
Do you vacuum (badger) straight on the floor, (rug's upside down) roll rug and broom or vacuum the sand?

Ron K

The Steel stuff $%^ sells is my doing. Sorry. We use the role up rubber mats from Ausrailian if we use them at all. He has two styles.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Come on Hogjowl don 't make my post into a "hate " issue. I used the term "Dusty's" so everyone would know what I was asking about. I just don't want to spend 1k-1.5k for something I won 't use that much.

If I disliked anyone it might be that guy that sold me a used Ti that I think he ran over with his truck and cracked the head and it was welded back (not saying this as fact just an observation) and after getting it set up I went to use it and thought I had purchased a plant sprinkler it leaked so bad! Further investigation found the ball bearing was gone out of feathertouch valve. After $7 rebuild kit the thing works fine. And I'm not pissed Hogjowl just messing with you!

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Oh it's definitely been welded, however I suspect a factory job because It is very precise. It has not affected the performance and that's why I never brought it up to you. I first thought when I saw it that maybe you had been following me real close when it fell off my bumper and you ran over it ;) I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't had another Ti to lay next to it.
I just wanted to bust your "chops" a little

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok you forced me to do it.
Picture of right side of head from used e-bay I mean Hogjowl's Ti
photo-33.jpg

Photo of right side of another Ti that I have
photo-32.jpg

Photo of shaft of Hogjowls Ti
photo-34.jpg

Like I said it hasn't seemed to have affected the performance, but this is what I was describing

And now you can understand why I said it looked like it had been run over and the head repaired.

I'd lay a dollar to a porkchop that Hogjowl didn't even know and if I was "really" pissed I would have drove to bama and stuck his wand up his pigs butt! Cuz remember I know where you live. (wait a minute your bigger than me!)

For those of you that don't know me I am only busting Marty's chops.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I do remember noticing that, now that you mention it, but I never gave it a second thought. I guess I was too focused on the overspray issues to look for any other flaws.

John G

We use rubber matts for doing our rug beating, Joel Hoppe uses the same as we do, so here is a video of his.
[video=youtube;zjvSOy8bHgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvSOy8bHgE&feature=plcp[/video]

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
John, impressive both your machine and the rubber mats. Do you know where I can purchase the rubber mats? Thanks neighbor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom